wws
13/03/2007, 3:43 PM
well done to all the eagle has landed

and pats secured in inchicore

read it and weep

Jerry The Saint
13/03/2007, 3:47 PM
read it and weep

Or read it and cheer/smile/do a little celebratory jig - whatever floats yer boat. :D

londonhoop
13/03/2007, 3:48 PM
This is great news for pats.
Congrats to all at the club.Admiration has to be shown to the way the club is being run and the future of the club secured.
(Feel dirty now)

Pablo
13/03/2007, 3:49 PM
Pardon my ignorence, why is this such good news?

wws
13/03/2007, 3:51 PM
Padon my ignorence, why is this such good news?

oh wake up cork

forza
13/03/2007, 3:52 PM
oh wake up cork

POTM :D

Calcio Jack
13/03/2007, 3:55 PM
As the old saying goes "water always finds its own level"..... interesting to see what now transpires if anything from this.... the guy never struck me as being anything but a coach, so what will his role as "Director of Football" involve ? anyway hope it works out as he may of failed (IMO) at the Irish job but hopefully he'll offer something in the new role.... wonder will he now be happy to talk to the press !!

Pablo
13/03/2007, 3:56 PM
As the old saying goes "water always finds its own level"..... interesting to see what now transpires if anything from this.... the guy never struck me as being anything but a coach, so what will his role as "Director of Football" involve ? anyway hope it works out as he may of failed (IMO) at the Irish job but hopefully he'll offer something in the new role.... wonder will he now be happy to talk to the press !!

Exactly. Kerr is a bore. Still cant see why its being greeted like its the makings of St Pats!

Jerry The Saint
13/03/2007, 3:57 PM

Yeah, I see what you mean. A lot of people wanted to poach Staunton for the job but it was eventually decided that he was just too world class for us.

hoopy
13/03/2007, 3:59 PM
Does this mean it's back to the old set piece athletic :D Joking aside if Pats get the investment that's rumoured it's looking very good for them, and hopefully they 'll stay in Richmond. Btw, what changed Kerr's mind as he's said before that he's no interest in working in this league again?

Danny
13/03/2007, 4:00 PM
Still cant see why its being greeted like its the makings of St Pats!

Ok read the report and you might get some clues....
Kerr in as Director of football - Good Move
New Owners of the club + New Money coming in - good Move
Staying in Inchicore in a MODERNISED Richmond - Great move because we're not moving....:D

A face
13/03/2007, 4:00 PM
Please say he is coming back as manager, i think he'd be great ;) :p

pete
13/03/2007, 4:01 PM
I can't see Kerr being willing to sit on the sidelines so he may undermine old McDonnell. Seems like the makings of Dolan v Buckley II?

I would have thought Kerr would have been slow to return to the LOI given the impression this would give to barstoolers.

Pablo
13/03/2007, 4:02 PM
Ok read the report and you might get some clues....
Kerr in as Director of football - Good Move
New Owners of the club + New Money coming in - good Move
Staying in Inchicore in a MODERNISED Richmond - Great move because we're not moving....:D

Thanks for the answer as opposed to the pointless smart comment.

That is good for Pats. Providing Kerr doesnt but in too much on the playing side. Ye seem to be ticking along nicely.

Calcio Jack
13/03/2007, 4:02 PM
Yeah, I see what you mean. A lot of people wanted to poach Staunton for the job but it was eventually decided that he was just too world class for us.

The fact that Staunton is worse than Kerr... doesn't in way mean that Kerr was a success, IMO he failed because he didn't have the "nerve" when it came to going for wins in the W/cup qualifiers away to both France and Isreal who were both there for the taking and of course his dreadful mistake when Robbie Keane got injured in the home game against Israel... I thought it was a good appointment when he got the Irish job but IMO he just couldn't quiet step up to the plate and thus he failed.... so don't take it too personally and I hope he does a good job with Pats and it should be fun seing how he interacts with Delaney !!

charliesboots
13/03/2007, 4:03 PM

He could never offer anything to Youth Developmet or overseeing the footballing structure of the club - can't see it working!!:rolleyes:

Jerry The Saint
13/03/2007, 4:07 PM
Does this mean it's back to the old set piece athletic :D

I know it and YOU know it

:D

Billsthoughts
13/03/2007, 4:18 PM
didnt he come up with the technical development plan the FAI are always slapping themselves on the back about?

Dodge
13/03/2007, 4:22 PM
Any truth in the rumour that Sky is behind the pats take over and are going to develop this into a reality TV Programme i.e. Irish Version of Big Ron Manager ?

Yes, 100% FACT!

Ebmania
13/03/2007, 4:39 PM
Is it true about the new owner aswell. Hear there will be confirmed on RTE 6 Oclock news.

pete
13/03/2007, 4:42 PM
Is it true about the new owner as well.

Does this mean existing shareholders have sold out?

Dodge
13/03/2007, 4:44 PM
yes.

BTW Kerr was director of caoching in the FAI. Modernising them long before Genesis

Ebmania
13/03/2007, 4:45 PM
Not sure thats the word on the grapevine.

Shelsman
13/03/2007, 4:47 PM
I can't see Kerr being willing to sit on the sidelines so he may undermine old McDonnell. Seems like the makings of Dolan v Buckley II?

I have to say that was the first thing that crossed my mind too -too many cooks.......

A pity considering John McDonnell is doing well and has them playing some good stuff.

charliesboots
13/03/2007, 5:09 PM
I have to say that was the first thing that crossed my mind too -too many cooks.......

A pity considering John McDonnell is doing well and has them playing some good stuff.

Rubbish, Kerr has been working very closely with Johnny Mac since he took over. The primary difference will be the focus on youth development and footablling structures!

charliesboots
13/03/2007, 5:11 PM
Just announced on RTE radio that Dublin businessman Garreth Kelleher has bought the club.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrett_Kelleher

kdjaC
13/03/2007, 5:20 PM
Just announced on RTE radio that Dublin businessman Garreth Kelleher has bought the club.

No way :D

kdjac

Jerry The Saint
13/03/2007, 5:26 PM

What's the name of his company? Probably some name that is synonymous with good business sense and prudent financial planning...?

They will probably be our new sponsors after all.

finnpark
13/03/2007, 5:31 PM
OK, so whats true and what is rubbish on here?

The idea of Kerr becoming Dir of Football (ie Assistant manager) at an Irish club seems unbelievable to me. He said he never wanted to manage in Ireland again never mind as an assistant.

So whats the story?

charliesboots
13/03/2007, 5:32 PM
OK, so whats true and what is rubbish on here?

The idea of Kerr becoming Dir of Football (ie Assistant manager) at an Irish club seems unbelievable to me. He said he never wanted to manage in Ireland again never mind as an assistant.

So whats the story?

turn on RTE Radio 1 now and you'll hear it all

Schumi
13/03/2007, 5:35 PM
OK, so whats true and what is rubbish on here?The Kerr and Kelleher stuff was just reported on Newstalk so seems to be true.

SkStu
13/03/2007, 5:40 PM
fair play to Pats (not really sure bout Kerr though)

looks like we'll have at least some competition in the future.

geysir
13/03/2007, 5:44 PM

:D :D
from wikip.
"Garrett Kelleher is the founder of Shelbourne Development, the Dublin development and real estate firm. It is known for its proposed Chicago Spire. He is reported to have bought Irish heroin club St Patrick's Athletic FC"

kdjaC
13/03/2007, 5:53 PM
:D :D
from wikip.
"Garrett Kelleher is the founder of Shelbourne Development, the Dublin development and real estate firm. It is known for its proposed Chicago Spire. He is reported to have bought Irish heroin club St Patrick's Athletic FC"

"Were on drugs and were better than you"

Thats the 5th time i have used a song sung by pats fans last night today alone, im on a ****ing roll :D

kdjac

Risteard
13/03/2007, 5:57 PM
Ahem ahem.
Posted four hours ago re Farrelly and Healy.

Hey add least we are adding to our squad not letting people go for a little bit of money to pay are crocked former internationls who in the Past 4 years have done nothing.
Ya but . . . . eh . . . . but . . .

kdjaC
13/03/2007, 6:00 PM
Ahem ahem.

Hes not going to play :confused:

May do a job for you lot at right back tho :D

kdjac

Jerry The Saint
13/03/2007, 6:02 PM
Ahem ahem.

Being crocked or otherwise does not affect someone's managerial ability. Now if we were asking The Greener to be our new midfield general.... :D

TonyD
13/03/2007, 6:56 PM

LMAO. Now Thats POTM.

stickyjoe
13/03/2007, 8:02 PM
yes.

BTW Kerr was director of caoching in the FAI. Modernising them long before Genesis

Eh, since when have the FAI been modernised......?

Kerr was a hopeless international manager but done a good job at pats previously, be interesting to see how he goes in his role at pats

Dodge
13/03/2007, 8:17 PM
Eh, since when have the FAI been modernised......?

One of the best underage structures in the world, thanks in no small part to the technical director at the time

blackholesun
13/03/2007, 8:35 PM
Good news for the league 30 million to be spent redeveloping richmond and surrounding areas ... 10-15k all seater satdium, astro park training facilities ... etc ...

Wonder is this whole deal purely business or part charitable?

bhs

charliesboots
13/03/2007, 8:42 PM
Good news for the league 30 million to be spent redeveloping richmond and surrounding areas ... 10-15k all seater satdium, astro park training facilities ... etc ...

Wonder is this whole deal purely business or part charitable?

bhs

source?

TonyD
13/03/2007, 9:26 PM
Kerr was a hopeless international manager

Horse manure.

stickyjoe
13/03/2007, 9:31 PM
One of the best underage structures in the world, thanks in no small part to the technical director at the time

sorry to go off topic on this one but best underage structures in the world ? Are you for real, these underage structures havent produced a top class player since Shay Given made his debut in 96

There is great numbers playing the game alright but that has always been the case for the last 20-30 years

stickyjoe
13/03/2007, 9:35 PM
Horse manure.

Sorry he was top class, he managed to beat georgia, albania, faroe islands and cyprus in his time in charge.

And couidn`t beat swiss(x3), france(x2), russia at home, israel(x2) and his victory in cyprus and at home to albania were nearly as bad as anything staunton has produced

Better then staunton but thats not hard but unfortunately kerr was a flop

TonyD
13/03/2007, 9:50 PM
You said he was hopeless, which I repeat, is horse manure. His record wasn't perfect, but in no way was it as bad as some people make out.Things went wrong during the latter part of the WC campaign, that can happen. I've had this argument on the Ireland forum here before, but two competitive defeats is not a hopeless record. You're right about one thing though, he's miles better than Staunton. It's good to have him back where he belongs, and where he's appreciated.

eirebhoy
13/03/2007, 9:55 PM
Kerr was a hopeless international manager
His team bottled it on a few occasions but I don't think he was hopeless. If only he could have got the team playing in competitives like they did in friendlies. He has us playing excellent football. The game in Holland was fantastic and the Dutch were really up for it in their last match before the Euro's. All Given's kickouts were short to the defenders who never hoofed it up the pitch. He's a really tactically astute guy and well up on the modern game. Also, nobody ever looked like scoring against us at one point. He had Cunningham and O'Brien looking like Nesta and Cannavaro. :D In the friendlies he had Duff playing the best football he ever played (Italy, Portugal, Croatia). I just wish he could have transfered that to competitives.

I think he lost the dressing room thanks to most of our players not having a clue and being lazy but if I took over a club in England Kerr would be the first guy to get a call. :) Roy Keane was obviously impressed by him. His tactics, coaching and football knowledge is top notch, maybe things like motivational and man management skills could be improved on.

The only games from the WC campaign we could have realistically played much better was Cyprus away and Switzerland away but we still got the points in those games. Israel at home we should have won 5-0, freak game. Switzerland were the team that nobody could score against at the world cup and without Duff and Keane we really hadn't got the team to beat them.

blackholesun
13/03/2007, 10:40 PM
source?

dont worry charlie I have my sources ...

:cool:

you want more details ... stand to be built up over camac, apartments on site, whole place to be bulldozed, Kellegher wants to move quickly on this ... job done no messing ASAP ...

bhs

Dodge
14/03/2007, 8:09 AM
He knows bhs, he just wants to know how you know ;)