PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Wales & Slovakia games

Billsthoughts
13/03/2007, 12:49 PM
Ireland 2 Wales 1
Ireland 0 Slovakia 2

Think Slovakia could prove a banana skin for us. Expect some sort of reaction to the san marino disaster against the welsh but as always we will drop our performance levels for the next game and think slovakia might prove too good for us.

citizenerased
13/03/2007, 12:57 PM
Irelnad 3 - 0 Wales
Ireland 2 - 1 Slovakia

Lads nowt to be afraid of, if the atmosphere in croker doesnt lift them to beat wales and slovakia....what can i say...The fact that our second string side should have beaten the czechs at home says how vital the home support is to an irish performance

Wolfie
13/03/2007, 12:58 PM
Ireland 2 Wales 1
Ireland 0 Slovakia 2

Think Slovakia could prove a banana skin for us. Expect some sort of reaction to the san marino disaster against the welsh but as always we will drop our performance levels for the next game and think slovakia might prove too good for us.

Ireland 1 Wales 2
Ireland 1 Solvakia 3

I think the Welsh could turn us over - obviously hope I call it completely wrong.

Slovaks will prove too strong for us too..................

endabob1
13/03/2007, 1:03 PM
1-1 with Wales 2 x poor teams
0-2 Slovakia are a much better organised side than us

bwagner
13/03/2007, 1:10 PM
two 1-1 's results

cavan_fan
13/03/2007, 1:12 PM
On a related topic, what results would see Stan go. Hopefully 2 defeats would be the end of him. Also, I think 2 wins would keep him until the end of the campaign. What about a couple of draws or a win and a draw? For what it's worth I think he'll stay if he gets more than one point from the 2 games, though he'll need 4 to be comfortable.

RogerMilla
13/03/2007, 1:43 PM
stan will stay regardless of results , he is bull headed.
to be sacked it would have to be two defeats i'd say
i say we beat a poor wales and slip up to the slovaks

paul_oshea
13/03/2007, 2:48 PM
i dont think we will lose either. but i do think that we could draw 1 or 2 games.hoping for 6 points.

if we get 6 points that keeps staunton on, but does it give us anymore real hope of qualification? probably not, but it still means staunton will be here at the end of the qualys, even if we lose to germany and czech away.

Billsthoughts
13/03/2007, 2:50 PM
if we get 6 points that keeps staunton on, but does it give us anymore real hope of qualification? probably not, but it still means staunton will be here at the end of the qualys, even if we lose to germany and cyprus away.

eh...paul........I dont wanna upset you but like....thats already happened.....:(

paul_oshea
13/03/2007, 2:51 PM
eh...paul........I dont wanna upset you but like....thats already happened.....:(

hehe, must have been a freudian, its funny i think i was going to write cze and then i changed it to cyp....mad!!! :)

billybunter
13/03/2007, 2:58 PM
2 wins in Croker, 2 more in the US in May, and life is good again.

im with citizenerased on the score for Croker games.

liaml
13/03/2007, 6:00 PM
1-1 wales
0-1 Slovakia

Stan will be gone in two weeks time.

jebus
13/03/2007, 6:01 PM
1-1 vs Wales
1-3 vs Slovakia

reder
13/03/2007, 7:40 PM
People need to distinguish between our home and away form. With the games being played in croke park, I have just realised that I dont know what relevance this has to the upcoming games :confused:

Anyway, if we were at Lansdowne, I would be 100% confident we'd beat the taffys and fairly surely/hopeful we'd sneak it against the slovaks.

As its CP and the players have never played there before I reckon 2-1 win against wales (defending for our lives in the last 10 mins) and 1-1 against the slovaks (defending for our lives for about 80 of the 90 mins). Basically, I dont expect us to control the slovak game at all, they are a far better side than us, particularly up front and we will have a 50-50 split in possession against the welsh but our slightly stronger side should see us through.

Rebal Boy
13/03/2007, 8:14 PM
Ireland 2-0 Wales
Ireland 1-1 Slovakia

Qwerty
13/03/2007, 9:23 PM
Ire 2 - 1 Wales
Ire 2 - 1 Slovakia

Apart from the obvious Stan concerns and general performances recently from the players also concerned about playing surface at Croke Park and our ability to keep clean sheets.

On the the plus side Given is back and Doyle may be back as well.

Expecting a strong team like the following

Given
Finnan Dunne McShane/O'Shea Harte/O'Shea
McGeady/Duff Ireland/O'Shea Carsley Duff/Kilbane
Keane Doyle/Stokes

eirebhoy
13/03/2007, 9:50 PM
This news may change some of the predicitons:
Rosicky in line to face Ireland (http://www.ireland.com/sports/soccer/2007/0313/1173789816604.html)

Rosicky has not appeared for the Gunners since the 1-0 loss to PSV Eindhoven in the Champions League on February 20th, but the 26-year-old could make his domestic return against Aston Villa tomorrow and should then line up for his country against Germany on March 24th before making the trip to Lansdowne Road on March 28th.
:confused:

Lim till i die
13/03/2007, 10:14 PM
Rosicky in line to face Ireland (http://www.ireland.com/sports/soccer/2007/0313/1173789816604.html)

He's not Slovak, he's the other one :confused: :rolleyes:

Noelys Guitar
13/03/2007, 11:43 PM
Ireland 0-0 Wales
Ireland 1-0 Slovakia

Total nightmare as Stan will not be going. The worst of all worlds with no hope of qualifying.

Dublin12
14/03/2007, 9:12 AM
Ireland 1 Wales 1
Ireland 1 Slovakia 3

I hope I'm wrong but with a Sunday league manager in charge anything is possible.

NeilMcD
14/03/2007, 9:26 AM

Thats very unlike you Eirebhoy, very sloppy.

reder
14/03/2007, 9:28 AM
Ire 2 - 1 Wales
Ire 2 - 1 Slovakia

Apart from the obvious Stan concerns and general performances recently from the players also concerned about playing surface at Croke Park and our ability to keep clean sheets.

On the the plus side Given is back and Doyle may be back as well.

Expecting a strong team like the following

Given
Finnan Dunne McShane/O'Shea Harte/O'Shea
McGeady/Duff Ireland/O'Shea Carsley Duff/Kilbane
Keane Doyle/Stokes

We are so many people pushing for this Stokes kid to be in the side. He has done absolutely nothing since he went to Sunderland? Has he even scored? Yet Connolly who scores regularly and set up another goal last night isnt good enough.

Oh yeah, before anyone starts to drag up past performances from Connolly or how good Stokes may be in the future, I would just like to add that the Wales game is on saturday week not in 2 years. Given our current situation, I think we should play form players.

geysir
14/03/2007, 9:41 AM
He did put that he was confused by the article, as in understood that the article was off the radar.
It's quite an embarrassment for the IT.

eirebhoy
14/03/2007, 10:52 AM
It's not me, it's the Irish Times. I was just making a joke about a confusing error.

shakermaker1982
14/03/2007, 11:08 AM
I can see us beating Wales 2 nil and drawing with the Slovaks 1-1. Stan keeps his job and gets a contract extension from Delaney himself.

Billsthoughts
14/03/2007, 11:10 AM
I never understood why they only gave him a four year deal at the start,........everyone knows a 6 year deal is the only way to go..

shakermaker1982
14/03/2007, 11:15 AM
we need to lock him in tight to a contract or else Walsall might tempt him back with a tea making job!!!

RogerMilla
14/03/2007, 12:38 PM
i'd say even maurinho is jealous of the job security stan has in his current deal

Wolfie
14/03/2007, 12:43 PM
Maybe just to be sure - given the overwhelming support - we need a referendum to enshrine his contract in the Irish Constitution.

BaZmO*
14/03/2007, 1:07 PM

Rosicky has not appeared for the Gunners since the 1-0 loss to PSV Eindhoven in the Champions League on February 20th, but the 26-year-old could make his domestic return against Aston Villa tomorrow and should then line up for his country against Germany on March 24th before making the trip to Lansdowne Road on March 28th.

Well maybe it's not a bad thing if he heads to Lansdowne while all his team mates are at Croke Park.

Dr. Ogba
14/03/2007, 1:19 PM
Well maybe it's not a bad thing if he heads to Lansdowne while all his team mates are at Croke Park.

Prob not a bad thing that his team-mates will be at croke park either....they can enjoy watching the Slovaks giving us a good spanking...

Paddy Garcia
14/03/2007, 2:40 PM
When is he naming the squad?

NeilMcD
14/03/2007, 2:43 PM

Eh his team mates will be no where near Croke Park.

tetsujin1979
14/03/2007, 2:45 PM
When is he naming the squad?
thursday according to the indo

Paddy Garcia
14/03/2007, 3:00 PM
Thanks tets

Lionel Ritchie
14/03/2007, 3:23 PM
finding it difficult to see anything other than two defeats unless Wales put in another shocking poor display. They're due a good result. I'm afraid it'll be against us.

Ireland 0-2 Wales
Ireland 0-3 Slovakia

...and will Stan be fired out on his hole after it? Will he fcuk.
Sure we're building for the future.:rolleyes:

zenokelly
14/03/2007, 6:47 PM
What I can see happening is after we beat Wales the fcukin players will get so cocky and get battered by the Slovakians.

This should be the team

Given
Finnan McShane Dunne Harte
Hunt Carsley Kilbane Duff
Doyle Keane(if fit)Stokes if not

stojkovic
14/03/2007, 8:47 PM
I hope I'm wrong but with a Sunday league manager in charge anything is possible.

Jaysus, you've insulted alot of Sunday league managers there, D12.

Lads, have you seen the Welsh squad. Take out Giggs and Bellamy and we're back to the aforementioned Sunday League.

We will trounce Wales 2-1 (:rolleyes: ) and scrape a draw with the Slovakistanis.

But I think only SIX points should be enough to save Stanley from accompanying Pearce down the DHSS.

Now, how do we disguise Berbatov as Irish ?

Qwerty
14/03/2007, 9:16 PM
We are so many people pushing for this Stokes kid to be in the side. He has done absolutely nothing since he went to Sunderland? Has he even scored? Yet Connolly who scores regularly and set up another goal last night isnt good enough.

Oh yeah, before anyone starts to drag up past performances from Connolly or how good Stokes may be in the future, I would just like to add that the Wales game is on saturday week not in 2 years. Given our current situation, I think we should play form players.

That list of players is my guess as to who Stan will play, Stokes is a long shot as he hasn't been playing recently but who knows. My team would not contain Kilbane, O'Shea or Stokes for that matter.

danonion
14/03/2007, 9:45 PM
I think we need to drop Stephen Ireland. I recognize he has hit 2 goals in 3 games, but I think the midfield is faaar to watery with him in it, his goal counts for nothing since we let 5 in against Cyprus (****ing Cyprus, that;s :eek: ). With a strong partner Kilbane is a decent central midfielder and I daresay Carsley is strong enough. I don't think it would be a bad idea to have 2 uncreative central midfielders, especially against Slovakia. I think we will win both games, that Welsh squad is rubbish and well I have no reason for slovakia to lose except optimism. Let the creativity come from the flanks with Hunt and Duffer and hope for the best.

Ireland 4-0 Wales
Ireland 1-0 Slovakia

tetsujin1979
15/03/2007, 9:21 AM
The "Kilbane in central midfield" experiment is finished. It failed. He's not a central midfielder. Anyone who thinks he is should go back and watch the Cyprus game again

eirebhoy
15/03/2007, 10:25 AM
I acually don't mind Kilbane in central midfield but it'd have to be something like Czechs away partnering Carsley. He does well off the ball and marked Nedved out of the game the last time he played against him. No point in playing him there in the up and coming games though.