PDA

View Full Version : Drogrough Returns

Drogrough
08/01/2003, 2:28 PM
Here goes, my first post of the this brand new year and I trust you all had a jolly Xmas, a soberish new year and that you are all sticking resolutely to your resolutions. Well I must say that things are looking interesting (or frightening) in the old EL. I believe that by winning on Friday we will be doing ourselves and the league a huge favour. No disrespect to UCD, I admire what they’ve achieved over the years, but they are an educational institution and not a footballing one. What other nation has a college club in their premier league? I hear the rustle of anoraks already. So, on Friday I want us to put the pesky students to the sword. There’s a post below about the lack of flags, banners etc at UNITED PARK. This is a thing that I’ve noticed, every other club seems to have a banner or two or three but not us. The last good one I remember was the Reservoir Drogs one and that’s not today or yesterday. And lets face it the old place could do with a bit of colour, but in the absence of banners we’ll have to make do with noise, lots of noise, brig down the roof noise. Let’s give the students the sending off they deserve :eek: :eek: :eek:

WindmillWarrior
08/01/2003, 3:34 PM
Originally posted by Drogrough
noise, lots of noise, brig down the roof noise.

Thats what its all about and if your a little shy about joining in the singing and chanting get a few beers in before the match, you'll be singing all night :)

Btw welcome back Drogrough.

Schumi
09/01/2003, 12:39 PM
What other nation has a college club in their premier league? None and we'll still be there next year.

mandrake
09/01/2003, 1:14 PM
Well i think everyone is a bit unfair to ucd. If we had their record we would be happy. They went up with us in 1995 and are still their, obviously better managed. Good pitch, more seats then us. Easy to get to a game.
I'd rather see bray go down, especially with pat devlin in charge.
and longford or derry.

Dont think ucd ever wanted us out of the league.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Macy
09/01/2003, 1:35 PM
Drogrough Returns

Booooooooooooooooooooooo! ;)

Originally posted by mandrake
and longford or derry.

Dont think ucd ever wanted us out of the league.

Niether has Longford, apart from on the pitch obviously...

UCD are a joke of a club, and it does nothing for the credibility of the league that they stay up. If we can get rid of as many of the Dublin clubs (including Bray in that) as possible, and make it more of a national league, so much the better....

UCD OUT!!!!!!