PDA

View Full Version : Dermot Keely needs a Voice Box

finnpark
12/03/2007, 11:09 PM
Can Shels afford one for Mr Keely? I couldnt understand a word he said. When was he released from the clinic?

And Paul Osam: if he gets any duller my TV will sitch off itself with bordem. I like the Eircom League but with those 2 on TV its hard to watch.

superblues
12/03/2007, 11:49 PM
Was the programme any good tonight?? I feel asleep when they mentioned Osams name in the "whats coming up" section on the news!!:D :D :D

Red&White
12/03/2007, 11:56 PM
Was the programme any good tonight?? I feel asleep when they mentioned Osams name in the "whats coming up" section on the news!!

You mean you missed him saying, "I wouldn't even look at the table for a while, not until the first round of games is over anyway." ??? :eek:

superblues
13/03/2007, 12:01 AM
You mean you missed him saying, "I wouldn't even look at the table for a while, not until the first round of games is over anyway." ??? :eek:

HAHAHAHA, No. I even missed that!! Gonna record it at 5:30 or when ever its on in morning just to help me sleep over the weekend. How can u concentrate while he talks?:D :D

Red&White
13/03/2007, 12:05 AM
HAHAHAHA, No. I even missed that!! Gonna record it at 5:30 or when ever its on in morning just to help me sleep over the weekend. How can u concentrate while he talks?:D :D

Superblues, I watched Drogheda for 2 hours tonight. After that Osam was like a man on speed.

Raheny Red
13/03/2007, 12:05 AM

I have the first and the second part of the show recorded, if anyone knows of any video don sizer which I could download please let me know so I can upload it to youtube ;)

superblues
13/03/2007, 12:08 AM
Superblues, I watched Drogheda for 2 hours tonight. After that Osam was like a man on speed.

:D :D So i've heard about the Drogs!! Such a pity cause they could be a quality team if the went Gung-Ho.

pete
13/03/2007, 10:51 AM
Its Dermot Keely. :eek:

Click (http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/206/206_catatonic_ned.gif)

Peadar
13/03/2007, 10:54 AM
My TV went into Power Saving mode when Osam came on...
He was bursting to say that Pats were title contenders.

superblues
13/03/2007, 11:26 AM
My TV went into Power Saving mode when Osam came on...
He was bursting to say that Pats were title contenders.

Ye, i couldn't beleive he didnt even mention them in the same breath as the other 4 teams.

pete
13/03/2007, 12:17 PM
My TV went into Power Saving mode when Osam came on... He was bursting to say that Pats were title contenders.

I think he had a wager on him refraining to mention Pats as contenders. Then again he is sticking with Derry City as title winners. I suppose hes bound to be correct one of these days. :p

TonyD
13/03/2007, 12:25 PM
Shuddup, the lot of you. Oso is a legend:p . As for Keely, it's not a voice box he needs, it's a good kick in the whole.

osarusan
13/03/2007, 1:52 PM
Shuddup, the lot of you. Oso is a legend:p . As for Keely, it's not a voice box he needs, it's a good kick in the whole.

The whole what?

BohsPartisan
13/03/2007, 1:59 PM
The whole hole.

Jerry The Saint
13/03/2007, 2:15 PM

Sneer all you like, it doesn't mean he's not 100% right.

By definition, the league table cannot show an accurate picture until all teams have played each other. Compare it to athletics. You wouldn't see a runner in the 800m get all excited because he's leading at the start of the race - you have to wait until the stagger evens out to see where his true position is. Cork have a relatively easy set of games at the start of the season (Waterford, Galway, UCD, Longford, Pats) so you would expect them to be well clear at the top by the time they play their first title contenders, Derry.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Oso is a football philosopher, years ahead of his time in the field of punditry. People have always made the mistake of thinking something is boring, just because it's too complex for them to understand.

One day you'll all see the error of your ways and acknowledge his greatness...

superblues
13/03/2007, 2:31 PM
Sneer all you like, it doesn't mean he's not 100% right.

By definition, the league table cannot show an accurate picture until all teams have played each other. Compare it to athletics. You wouldn't see a runner in the 800m get all excited because he's leading at the start of the race - you have to wait until the stagger evens out to see where his true position is. Cork have a relatively easy set of games at the start of the season (Waterford, Galway, UCD, Longford, Pats) so you would expect them to be well clear at the top by the time they play their first title contenders, Derry.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Oso is a football philosopher, years ahead of his time in the field of punditry. People have always made the mistake of thinking something is boring, just because it's too complex for them to understand.

One day you'll all see the error of your ways and acknowledge his greatness...

Highly doubtful..... he could be making alot of sense but i just cant stay awake long enough to make a serious judgement on his skills as a pundit. YAAAWWWNN...getting tired just talking about him.;) ;)

razor
13/03/2007, 2:45 PM
He was bursting to say that Pats were title contenders.I fell asleep waiting for him to finish a sentence, what did he say?

Redie
13/03/2007, 3:58 PM
Well ye all missed it lads as Osam saved his best for the end of the show when an over excited Trevor Welsh asked him for his predictions for the coming season. it went something like this but it was a bit hard to follow....

....well for me the top four will be Derry, Drogheda, Cork and Bohs. But I think Pats will do well this year and they could finish in the top four which means one of the other top four would then have to finish outside the top four.......if you know what I mean Trev'.......

monzo
13/03/2007, 4:09 PM
Keely wasn't too bad. Osam would really need to waken up though; at one point Welsh suddenly asked him something during the match footage and six seconds and two coughs to clear the throat later came the reply.

pete
13/03/2007, 4:48 PM
Keely wasn't too bad. Osam would really need to waken up though; at one point Welsh suddenly asked him something during the match footage and six seconds and two coughs to clear the throat later came the reply.

I think they record the programme well past his bedtime.

Dodge
13/03/2007, 4:50 PM
I've said it before. Oso is too bored with that show. He's above it Trevor Welch asking him the same fecking questions every week

razor
13/03/2007, 6:06 PM
I've said it before. Oso is too bored with that show. He's above it Trevor Welch asking him the same fecking questions every weekHe'll be doing the weather before we know it. :D

passerrby
13/03/2007, 6:06 PM
this could have been a great thread if you had not inserted the word voice in the title

DonalE
13/03/2007, 11:17 PM
Well ye all missed it lads as Osam saved his best for the end of the show when an over excited Trevor Welsh asked him for his predictions for the coming season. it went something like this but it was a bit hard to follow....

....well for me the top four will be Derry, Drogheda, Cork and Bohs. But I think Pats will do well this year and they could finish in the top four which means one of the other top four would then have to finish outside the top four.......if you know what I mean Trev'.......

That was great,worth staying up so late for. I was wondering how far into that sentence he was gonna go before realising he made no sense, if you know what i mean

davidatrb
14/03/2007, 3:49 PM
Was the programme any good tonight?? I feel asleep when they mentioned Osams name in the "whats coming up" section on the news!!:D :D

I fell asleep waiting for him to finish a sentence, what did he say?

I also fell asleep. They should bottle this show and sell it to insomniacs. ;)

It is a good show though, just on a little late. I am glad that I woke up just in time to hear Osam's line about how if Pats finished in the top four that one of the top four would finish outside the top four. Class.

DmanDmythDledge
14/03/2007, 5:18 PM
Osam was rubbish as usual but still got a laugh out of him. I thought Keely was good.

Risteard
27/03/2007, 9:40 PM
ApCPpFNiiLY
Keely makes some good points here.

Risteard
28/03/2007, 10:40 AM
:D Funny thing is its both his face and his voice.
Maybe it's him.:eek: