PDA

View Full Version : Great idea by Lims Fan

sadloserkid
08/01/2003, 11:30 AM
Lads,
Want to get some big flags for the new season. I reckon if we could raise €1,000 we could get about 4 or 5 big flags and really give the ground a sense of bigtime. This would involve setting up a bank account and with decent designs and emblems by getting getting fans contributing €50 each. That's only 20 fans. Then we'll really see who the moderates are!
20 fans will stick in €50 each.
For starters: Myself, Blue is B, 2 Griffins, Paul O', Stuart M, Gorey, Doc, SLK, Gael353, Gary Spain, LFC in exile, Mike Sullivan will surely stick in a ton. That's €700 aleady.
So we'll get the cash together and buy these flags in the coming weeks. You or SLK can start collecting on Sunday if you don't mind.
SLK is probably a better known face so people can either give it to him or you.
I'll put details up on the website. I will go to the bank and set up an account but we can start collecting immediately. Me and my brother will stick in €50. That's €100 already!
Details will be posted on my website hopefully by this evening. Flags can bo ordered online but if anyone has suggestions of anywhere that makes them or any designs then that would be great.

Lims fan

sadloserkid adds

Great idea from Lims Fan! Personally I'm very, very keen on getting this done! €50 isn't a huge sum of money but as he points out just 20 names would do it for us! I think we'd be better off handing out flyers appealing for help this sunday and then maybe trying to collect money next Sunday? Anybody else have any thoughts/ideas? And if anybody wants to get involved don't hesitate to mail me at sadloserkid@hotmail.com or else e-mail Lims fan directly!

lims fan
08/01/2003, 3:56 PM
Well done SLK for positive approach. We'll have jackman beaming for the new season!!!

deise deserter
08/01/2003, 4:05 PM
Count me in Lims!

Fr. Joe
10/01/2003, 6:05 PM
We love you Limerick we do, we love you Limerick we do, we love you Limerick we do, ooooh Limerick we love you. How about some chants next season.

sadloserkid
13/01/2003, 9:18 AM
We had a nice one down at Athlone, *clears throat* ---

"Cheer up Jimmy Green
Oh, what can it mean
To have a dodgy moustaches
And a **** football team!"

It was fun at the time, would have had more effect if there'd been more than four of us there!