PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night

RedHat
08/01/2003, 8:42 AM
Mail sent from the Members' club.
* It's a good idea - especially when you remember that at the last meeting in O2 Park BOTH the UCD fans had flags and a Bodhran.

If we win, we can not go down automatically and it will put us 3 points
ahead of the students with only 2 matches left.
This match is arguably more important than the tremendous match in Sligo
last March when we took over 1000 supporters to cheer on the team and see us
crowned as First Division champions.

We need to create an atmosphere that we experienced that day or even on a
par to last Friday's game in Dalymount.
So, anyone with a foghorn - bring it along. If you don't have one you can
purchase them in the Motor Factors in Stockwell Lane. Valueland are selling
Poppers - about the size of a pringles can and full off paper streamers - u
get the idea - create an atmosphere that will encourage our team - Sound the
foghorn - Let the Streamers go as the lads take to the field – try to get to
the pitch entrance for this. ey - if you have a drum ( remember Derry ) or a
bodhran bring it along. Any Flags bring them along on the night.
Noise ; Passion ; Encouragement ; Colour ; Support – This is what Drogheda
United Football Club require and we know you can and will provide.
So come up to O2 Park, bring you family, mates and work colleagues. We have
three cup finals left – two of which are at home and the club need your
support to cheer us up the table.

Spread the Word.

WindmillWarrior
08/01/2003, 10:16 AM
You bring the bodhran and I'll bring the knife ;)

The most important thing to bring to the game this friday and every friday for that matter, is your bleedin voice! As long as everyone uses this "tool", which is free btw, we'll be grand and hopefully we'll put the fear of the dole into the students, ala Dublin city last season - so everyone bring your singing heads with you :)

DrogMan
08/01/2003, 10:28 AM
Yes totally agree we need to create a good atmosphere, for 1) to give the lads a boost 2) to possibly bring back people that are there for the first time 3)to clean up the ground a bit.
Now I welcome this move but why are we only doing this now?? We should have been doing this all season and not only in the last few games. I know that there has been things happening off the field that have taken our minds off matters a bit but still we should now being aiming to do this for every home game next season WHEN we stay up.
I mean if we add colour to the atmosphere then we might get better TV coverage and maybe even a live game shown above! So I'll try and get some of that paper to throw out when the players come out. Should make for good viewing on the Telly!

woodie2
08/01/2003, 11:16 AM
Maybe this match should be made all ticket with respect to the crowd thats expected so as to avoid the conjestion we encountered for the game against Dublin city, eventhough it was great to see walking up the windmill road, or perhaps it may be to late at this stage. Anyway it should be a good night and dont forget to meet up in the clubhouse bar apres match.

DrogMan
08/01/2003, 12:27 PM
Ah dont mind all ticket, lets pack them all in.....thats if they come of course!!!

Sean Drog
08/01/2003, 12:30 PM
if the crowd will be large, its a massive game for the dedicated supporters but what about the fair weather lads, do ye think they come back ?

DruggyDrog
08/01/2003, 1:02 PM
With the emphasis being on 'fair weather' supporters. Of all my Dublin based mates who pulled out of going to Dalyer on Friday, what was the most common excuse............."Its too cold to watch a football match"!!!!

Ye just can't win!

fosterdollar
08/01/2003, 2:36 PM
... may if the DUFC play gave them something to warm them up???:D ;)