PDA

View Full Version : On to Drogheda

UCD_4_Life
08/01/2003, 12:41 AM
I'm not looking forward to the trip to o2 park at all. For a start the ground smells and secondly if we win, I'm dead.

Most people around here know I'm a UCD fan so I'll be standing close to the exits.

On a more important note, I think we've a good chance of winning but the suspension of Alan Cawley will make things very hard for us and things will be worse if Robbie Doyle doesn't start. Luckily Drogheda will be dragged down by the impotent Andy Myler which basically means we'll have a spare man as long as nobody else gets sent off.

A win would almost certainly save us any of the relegation bother when you consider that Drogheda still have to get beaten by Shels and even then the last day against Pat's won't be easy. I'd also expect us to pick up at least a point Vs. Bray.

WindmillWarrior
08/01/2003, 3:45 PM
What do you mean it smells?! Smells of what, I'm intrigued if a little afraid of your answer!

@ndy
13/01/2003, 1:35 PM
I have to say, i really enjoyed this trip. No nonsense. Got the train up. Sat in the stand right in the middle of all the drogs fans and roared our heads off...schumi and i...and got our just desserts with 3 mins to go.

The best moment of all was Schumi, myself and emmet dancing around in a huddle type celebration outside the clubhouse...with all the drogs fans up in the bar looking down in disgust!!! :P

Got a lift back from Brendan Dillon who told us some interesting things...shhh.

Then myself and Ciaran were persuaded to have a pint by said lift giver, and ended up being bought a stack o pints and having quite a good evening. Mad hangover saturday tho...good trip tho. So now it's bray at home on FRiday...whud be good if we do t'stuff...and then cork will be great craic...back to my second home....anyone not involved in the STIG community who is interested in travelling to Cork, let us know and you can possibly get the same train/stay in same hostel or sth...

Andy

Schumi
13/01/2003, 4:57 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
Mad hangover saturday tho... Wuss:D

UCD_4_Life
13/01/2003, 6:59 PM
I saw you actually.

I was in the terrace opposite to the stand. After having enough abuse off the Drogheda fans, I moved to the small terrace beside the stand.

Aberdonian Stu
15/01/2003, 8:07 PM
Ah yes the bank behind the goal where you're not supposed to stand, what a great place to watch the match.

I had to move from the terrace as some kid kept asking me if I was a UCD fan and I didn't want to break into a rendition of 12 Tony Macs...and no @ndy or TheAndy don't start one now!