PDA

View Full Version : Next Match: Sun 18th: V Cobh Ramblers (Home)

Tazskool
12/03/2007, 9:40 AM
Right our first home game of the new season...

After a good start into the league we can really hope the lads push on and build on it as no one expected the lads to get any points at all!!

I hope we get a home win.. will be great and really set the team alight!!

Start as they did in the 2nd half of the last match.. got to be a good sign :)

I am predicting a 2-1 win.

If someone can get pics of the ground and so forth I'd love to have some... being in England is a pain in the backside!!!

don ramo
12/03/2007, 12:20 PM
should be a good game as we were s***e against limerick how did ye play last week, were ye hounding down every ball our playing some nice passing football, did ye tarmac any parts of the ground yet do ye know for standing, our is it just the field to stand on,

G-Man
12/03/2007, 10:20 PM
Hope to see a good game on Sunday, would think there will be a large crowd at it too seeing as its the first home game of the season. Should be a good game, the players will surely be up for it with a big crowd behind them.

Thunder-WYFC
12/03/2007, 11:02 PM
I'll be out nice an early anyway for this one,well up for it

Was there any singing at the Mons game

ForzaWexford
13/03/2007, 12:42 AM
Was out there at training tonight and the lads were saying that there's 500 temporary seats being put in along the pitchside - a small stand between where the 2 dugouts are.

The rest along that side and behind the two goals will be standing, and i doubt there'll be anyone over on the far touchline because it'll be mucky! Entry is only a tenner aswell - he wanted to put it at €8 but €10 is the minimum allowed. I dunno what the story on kids/concessions is.....

I'd say get out early if u want a seat because 500 should fill up quickly.

brokenstar
13/03/2007, 10:17 AM
Should be a great experience for the lads aswell as the fans. A big crowd is what's needed to gee them up and hopefully record our first win.

AVRoe
13/03/2007, 11:41 AM
My mate and I will be there, and we're bringing his brother-in-law, a Corkman, with us, so we'll have a banner to mark him out for barracking! :D

Sunny Jim
13/03/2007, 4:11 PM
Really looking forward to this! Should be a big crowd and I'm expecting a good result.

YellowbellyRed
14/03/2007, 11:25 PM
Anyone any good excuses they can think up which I can give the wife for dissapearing for about 8 hours on her first 'mothers day'? Sooner I can get back to civilisation from Corkonia the better..Hoping to attend Athlone game though on way back from work in Tullamore if anyone will be up there.

Tazskool
15/03/2007, 9:26 AM
Mothers day comes EVERY year... and she will have loads of them..

Wexford Youths FIRST EVER home game ONLY happens once...

Shame I cant use that line of reasoning due to the Wifey would kill me and she'd notice I would have to make the long trip from England to do it lol...

passinginterest
15/03/2007, 10:49 AM
I was out with some friends last night and talkin bout goin to the game. One of them was dead keen but he's a big GAA follower and pointed out that he's already going to watch the hurlers in Wexford Park. That game is on at 3.30 so that might effect the size of the crowd. It's a pity the two games clash, it'll definitely reduce the potential crowd.

Still I can't wait. My da is definitely going, I'm sure we'll be very noticeable because we tend to get very loud on the sideline. I can remember lots of my team mates asking me to stop bringing my dad to matches because he got so loud! Funny thing is I'd never hear him when I was playing. I seem to have inherited the same inability to keep my mouth shut at a game. This was very evident at the friendly against Bray Wanderes, when I was shouting my support and gettting very into it but everyone else was very very quiet :(

brokenstar
15/03/2007, 11:08 AM
Hopefully the fact that the game is the first at home, the home crowd will get into the spirit of the occasion. It can make all the difference between a good and bad result

Tazskool
15/03/2007, 1:15 PM
for those who are not aware.. kick off is now at 3pm

passinginterest
15/03/2007, 1:21 PM
Really? When did that change? Is that confirmed by the PR department?

Tazskool
15/03/2007, 3:42 PM
Taken from: http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=6096

The eircom League has confirmed a number of fixture changes or adjustments for the season.

This weekend's First Division game between Wexford Youths and Cobh Ramblers will now kick off at 3pm instead of 2:30pm.

Three matches scheduled for Saturday, 24th March have been moved to avoid a clash with Ireland's senior international against Wales. The games are Longford v Sligo Rovers - which moves to Friday, 23rd at 8pm, Athlone Town v Wexford Youths - which moves to Sunday, 24th at 3pm and Cobh Ramblers v Finn Harps - which also moves to Sunday, 24th at 3pm but also switches to Turner's Cross.

Dundalk's home game with Ramblers is now set for Sunday, 15th April at 3pm while return game in June will take place at Saint Colman's Park on Sunday, 24th June with a 2:15pm kick off. The third meeting between the sides is moved to Sunday, 12th August at 3pm and the fourth head-to-head will take place on Sunday, 21st October.

Shelbourne's home games with Finn Harps and Kildare County have both been switched by twenty-four hours due to clashes with Shamrock Rovers home games. Shels will face Harps on Saturday, 19th May and Kildare on Thursday, 12th July.

Shamrock Rovers home game against Derry City will now be played on Saturday, 4th August and the Hoops home game with Sligo Rovers is now set for Saturday, 27th October.

Shelbourne's home games with Limerick 37 and Wexford are also switched and moves to Thursdays, 30th August and 8th November.

passinginterest
15/03/2007, 4:01 PM
Thanks for the update Taz.
Might have to adjust my plans for the day a bit.
Mothers day dinner may be delayed :)

I sent an email earlier with a few Qs about Sunday
seats, tickets and capacity. If I get a response I'll post it.

Tazskool
15/03/2007, 4:14 PM
Seats = Bring your own!!
Tickets = Print your own!!
Capacity = The more the merrier!!!

ROFL!!!!! only joking... be great to find out more about that stuff :)

passinginterest
15/03/2007, 4:54 PM
Thank you for your enquiry.
The kick off is 3.00pm
There is temporary seating for 1,000 people
Tickets are on sale on the day only, adults Euro 10, Children Free.
I dont think overall capacity will be an issue.
Thanks for your enquiry and your good wishes.
Hope you enjoy the day.
Kind Regards,

Seating for 1,000 is better than expected. All sounds good to me. Fair play to them for replying too.
Now I'm really excited.:D

Thunder-WYFC
15/03/2007, 4:58 PM
Gonna be a top day out,I'm well up for it anyway.Everyone I've been talking to is heading out so I'm sure there'll be a huge crowd.

+ I get in for free:D

brokenstar
15/03/2007, 5:22 PM
That's great info lads, cheers for the update. Can't wait meself, should be a top day:)

G-Man
15/03/2007, 5:30 PM
Looking forward to the game, should be a big crowd there. Think moving the time might lose some neutrals tho who intend on going ot the hurling, but should still have a large crowd there. Be good to see them get a result.

As an aside, YellowbellyRed, whats the reasoning behind a cliftonville avatar?

ForzaWexford
15/03/2007, 11:31 PM
1000 seats is a lot better than 500. I was out there tonight and the stand was half-up, it looks gud! They're after ptting barriers around the stand + behind the goals to "fence in" the crowd as such...and there are 5 electronic turnstiles to be put up yet, although I dont think they'll be operating electronically on Sunday. PA system installed aswell....it's shaping up to be a nice little makeshift ground!

brokenstar
16/03/2007, 12:11 PM
all sounds good. best get out me winter woolies again, 'cos apparently the weather is to take a really bad turn on sunday, with hail and high wind forecast! hopefully this won't affect the crowd too much!

Thunder-WYFC
18/03/2007, 8:45 AM
Wel exactly 6 hours and 15 minutes away from the game,I'm ****ing buzzing can't wait for.I'm going for a 1-0 win for the lads

Tazskool
18/03/2007, 11:03 AM
cool.. I think i have found an internet radio station that will broadcast the game :)

Can someone pick me up a match program if its not too much hassle.. i will, of course, pay for it and p&p :)

dublin_owl
18/03/2007, 12:39 PM
I'll grab a programme for ya Taz! Just settin off down the N11 now, every game is an away game :)