PDA

View Full Version : Its only one game lads

gufct
12/03/2007, 8:26 AM
some of the abuse on here is not funny lads.Players are only human and picking on certain individuals doesnt do their confidence any good.The better Team won on friday and our team seemed to be overawed by the occassion for the first 20 mins but we created enough chances in the following 25 to have gone in ahead at half time.I cant comment on the goals as i missed both doing my job.

As for Season Ticket Holders having to walk around the pitch the reason for this is we have no turnstiles up the top end and we have to note each season ticket number going through because in previous seasons "some tickets" were being passed back out to be re used. We will try to have this sorted for the next night but were are seriously curtailed by the lack of Turnstiles and the need for segregation.

We hope to Iron out these problems for the next game but until we have enough turnstiles in Terryland we are always going to have problems.

Lads dont be looking to write us off after one game be positive Gary should be back next week and he was a huge loss on friday.

Terry
12/03/2007, 8:37 AM
Are you sure about Gary?

On the season ticket holders, When I was going through the turnstiles only one was in use for us, even though the second one was open, nobody was allowed through it????

gufct
12/03/2007, 9:02 AM
We had the majority of our stewards at the top gate as thats where the largest crowd was coming through .To get 3300 in to Terryland in the ground in time for a game especially when most of the arrive in the last 10 minutes before kick off at present is a very difficult .Friday nights game went off very well but we will try to have things even better for the Drogheda game.

People have to realise that all the people who work in Terryland on Match days are all voluntary and we need about another 10 to 20 people to offer their services so we can guarentee everyones needs will be catered for.

The second turnstile was soley for Sligo fans as unfortunately all games will be segregated from now on.

Conor H
12/03/2007, 11:17 AM
No need for Segreagtion.

Give them the last 2 Sections yes but turning their area into Fort Knox the last day was a bit OTT i think myself.

Nobody is having a go at the stewards gufct but as i'm sure you'll agree season Ticket holders shouldn't have to go walking the whole way around the ground to get to the Stand when they can quite easily walk in the Top Gate.

gufct
12/03/2007, 11:32 AM
Conor if there was trouble the last night because of no segregation who would take the blame? We have six Category A games this season and unfortunately the Sligo game is one whereas before it would be considered a category C game.

We have to keep a record of all Season Tickets being used as well as a record of everyone in the ground as our Safe Holding Capacity is restricted due to the ongoing development (Started at 8am this morning thank god).We will have a more user friendly sytem in operation for the Drogheda game and hopefully we will have the same attendance.

Conor H
12/03/2007, 11:38 AM
6 category A games?

Maybe you can't disclose that info here byt what teams are going to cause trouble down here in fairness?

Athlone would be an A+ if they were in the Premier!:D

gufct
12/03/2007, 11:40 AM
It isnt who are going to cause trouble Conor but ones with Potential from both sides including our own supporters.

Conor H
12/03/2007, 11:46 AM
Better safe than sorry i suppose.
I still can't see there been trouble though in Terryland itself.

There's 4 or 5 gomebeans ya'd want to keep an eye on over the next few games.
These are the planks that were involved in my wallet theft and the stoning of the Sligo supporters bus.

Coming in locked looking for trouble.There more likely to insinuate something than anyone else.

geezer
12/03/2007, 2:08 PM
that ****ed me off it was the standing waiting while the sligo lads walked into an empty gate and when i asked the stewards go all fbi like with earpieces and pretend they are mad busy dealing with arsonists and terrorists. In hindsight I shouldve donned a jacket and helped out catching the season ticket numbers at the sligo gate. I talked to 3 people their on behalf of a family man with 3 kids with a 300 season ticket but no one wanted to know.

Customer is always first, but i do also realise it was the first game back

gufct
12/03/2007, 3:21 PM
The biggest Problem GUFC have is the number of volunteers willing to help out Geezer and you should know this well enough yourself. We have to take into account the dangers associated with bigger games in Terryland and until we have more access and egress points in the ground we are always going to have problems.

Imagine what it would have been like if we didnt pre sell tickets and try to get the word out for people to come in early. We will have learned from friday night and will have hopefully sorted out any teething problems for the Drogheda game.

Its very easy criticise from the outside but maybe if more were willing to help we could sort out everyones problems.

sligoman
12/03/2007, 9:25 PM
gufct, if yer so particular about rules then tell your stewards not to wear club colours when stewarding. It's against FAI regulations.

One of the stewards was wearing a Galway United scarf on Friday night.

Terry
12/03/2007, 9:27 PM
that was him !!!!!!

sligoman
12/03/2007, 9:28 PM
that was him !!!!!!Long hair? Blondish? Kind of hippy looking?:D.

Terry
12/03/2007, 9:30 PM
no, thats definitely not gufct. I know who that is but dont know if he would like me telling everybody.

EDIT: agh man, what a waste of my 3,000th post

sligoman
12/03/2007, 9:36 PM
no, thats definitely not gufct. I know who that is but dont know if he would like me telling everybody.Don't need to know his name. I'm sure gufct knows him anyway. He should be told about not wearing club colours...especially if your based in front of the visiting fans!

geezer
12/03/2007, 11:07 PM
fair comment, you can ignore and keep the earpiece in or you can try something different and respect the regulars, it looks like your looking at the 2nd choice, thats good and different than the past, credit where credit is due.