PDA

View Full Version : Flynny: Coventry

Casegrande
07/01/2003, 4:23 PM
Rumours of Coventry City of England snooping around... I hope to God John O'Flynn stays for at least one more season. Although you couldn't blame him if a Premier or First Division club in england came in for him.

Along with Dan Murray (who has been outstanding) and Rennie we'd be fúcked with out them next year.

PLEASE STAY JOHN.

I'll give €40 a month to a fund to keep him here for ONE more season at least. Anyone else?

eoinh
07/01/2003, 4:33 PM
Coventry (now its time for those thingy mejeebs asterixs) **** off.

Gone Away
07/01/2003, 6:09 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if we lost him. We are a cowboy outfit with no real long term plans. If we do lose him, itll be the fault of the chairman, as it will be his lack of ambition which will make Flynn leave.

Players like Flynn need to be kept, Bohs have done it with Crowe and Hunt, so we should be able to do same with Flynn, George, and Murray.

Neil
07/01/2003, 6:18 PM
Originally posted by Gone Away
itll be the fault of the chairman, as it will be his lack of ambition which will make Flynn leave.

I think Brian Lennox DOES have ambition for Cork City FC but is realising now the huge job at hand. He cannot do it on his own and the sooner he realises that he has to bring in lots of new people (especially in Marketing and Merchandise IMO) the sooner the likes of John O'Flynn will even think about staying.

It's just a shame Flynn will probably be gone before we get rid of Noelle and the Old Skool.

patsh
07/01/2003, 6:40 PM
Originally posted by Neil
It's just a shame Flynn will probably be gone before we get rid of Noelle and the Old Skool.
I don't want to sound impatient, but will this ever actually happen?......:(

Colm
07/01/2003, 7:19 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
I don't want to sound impatient, but will this ever actually happen?
Well Brian Lennox was talking about getting someone in to run the club for him next season. If this person is any sort of professional there is no way he would put up with the crappy amatuer attitude which is in place at the moment.

As for John O'Flynn, I don't think he will be here next season but whether it's Coventry he signs for or not is another matter!

thecorner
07/01/2003, 8:39 PM
i heard a runour that Q.P.R. put in a bid. dont know how true this is

James
07/01/2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
i heard a runour that Q.P.R. put in a bid. dont know how true this is

thought they were looking at george o callaghan (tra la la la la)
not JOF

thecorner
07/01/2003, 11:15 PM
soory bout that james
my mistake

pete
08/01/2003, 9:59 AM
John O'Flynn will not be with city for much longer so better we get some reasonable cash for him now that get nothing later this year. Rovers seem to have got deal around £100k sterling with some sell on clauses for Noel Hunt which seems like reasonable business.

I think George is worth his place in the team this season but his performances have probably dropped as his fitness level has dropped as the season has progressed. 100k would be good money for him now.

shedboy
08/01/2003, 10:43 AM
Wouldn't be suprised if Q.P.R. were interested they had him on trials a couple of times when he was playing for Ireland U-14 and Springfield, was suprised they didn't sign him at the time. He'd also have some knowledge of the club making it attractive to him.

Éanna
08/01/2003, 6:48 PM
Originally posted by Casegrande
Along with Dan Murray (who has been outstanding) and Rennie we'd be fúcked with out them next year.
well I´ve heard rennie is quite likely to go back to waaaaaaterford if they come up- which is looking definite at this stage.

eoinh
09/01/2003, 4:32 PM
about half a mile from me (dungarvan glass factory?). Ill go down and sort him out if you want :D

Shane
09/01/2003, 6:37 PM
You'd have to think John O' will go. I can't seem him being here next season. The guy must want to make the most he can from the game in terms of how far he goes so you can't knock him for that, if he didn't have that kind of ambition he probably wouldn't be as good as he is. One more season would be great but I can't see it happening.

Guess it's time for Colin O'B to step up to the mike.

I agree with the fact that Bohs have managed to hang on to their top players, part of that is cash no doubt and a professional attitude. As for the marketing of the Club, it certainly does need a full time professional in to project the club and fully reaslise any kind of financial gains that can be made, as to secure players like O'Flynn. Good old B Lennox will find it hard to do all that on his own, a bit like running that busy counter on a Friday evening and dishing out those tasty pies.