PDA

View Full Version : referee's

Keithcon
11/03/2007, 3:23 PM
How poor are the refs in the eircom league ! Who in your opinion is the best ref in the league if there is any ?! Mine would be Declan Hanney

Hibs4Ever
11/03/2007, 4:49 PM
Can't really pick a best one. They're ALL rubbish

Alan Kelly definitely the worst though

pete
11/03/2007, 4:52 PM
Alan Kelly is supposed to be the best as rated from the FAI. I am not sure of the pecking order for the rest.

Kelly doesn't do our games as he from Cork. Strange how that rule doesn't apply to Dublin teams.

micls
11/03/2007, 4:54 PM
Kelly doesn't do our games as he from Cork

He does a few alright.....and he's always sh*te

Keithcon
11/03/2007, 5:39 PM
Ye how can he(alan Kelly) be voted the best ref in the league after a few dreadful displays especially bray v bohs when a goal went in but he didn't see it . When the refs make a mistake like that these refs should only be allowed do 1st division games until they prove themselves to be good enough again .And an independent accesor of referee's should be appointed ....because currently most of the accesors know the refs personally .

DmanDmythDledge
11/03/2007, 7:20 PM
I found McKeon to be fairly decent last year. Paul Tuite and Hugh Whoriskey are useless. I've never had to witness Alan Kelly...

Anto McC
11/03/2007, 7:30 PM
Kelly doesn't do our games as he from Cork. Strange how that rule doesn't apply to Dublin teams.

Deluded and paranoid

RĂ©iteoir
11/03/2007, 8:39 PM
Deluded and paranoid

That's due to Alan living in Cork Cty area itself - the thing with Dublin referees is that they live away from the Dublin clubs in completely different areas of the city (eg. it's normal for a ref from the Southside refereeing Northside teams)

Think of it not as "Dublin" where the indivisual referees are from - but actually Balbriggan, Finglas, Ranelagh, Clondalkin, etc.

The term Dublin is a catch all-term - just as London would be...

RĂ©iteoir
11/03/2007, 8:42 PM
and also to just answer Keithcon - there is in action currently a branch and root overhaul of the way the refereeing department operates at all levels - we're currently one of about 5 National Associations trialling the new UEFA Referees Development plan.

And if you think our guys are bad (with which I don't agree) - try looking at some of the officials from across Europe - you'll see far far worse.

Aaron
12/03/2007, 12:08 AM
I am not going to comment on who is the best or worst, all i'll say is i hope our refs this season will be fair and call the game right. Damien Hancock had a good enough the other night when we played Bray, was refreshing that he handled the game well. I am currently training to be a plumber and my lecturer was a LOI ref for many years. He also went into the refs changing room after games to point out decisions he made. He done this for a few years. Last season i rambled on about how refs are ****e and biased, but since learning from him the difficulties of refereeing a game, i've somewhat taken a different view when a ref makes a decision against us or in any game. Reiteoir you may know him

don ramo
12/03/2007, 1:25 AM
i dunno who the best is but the kellys are the worst, there oldman is in charge of the board :eek: the assesers are always around in the first division as thats where there blooded, last year at the limerick game we had another one hes the lastest kelly to join the family trait, what a gob****e, our manager was on the line as you do and he was circling around him and tellin him sit down and giving out to the whole bench, we scroed a late winner and were givin him abuse and he tried to make a go fo some fans but got dragged into the dressing room, but i know thats not the last well see of him,

oh and that :mad: eddie foley:mad: better stay out of cobh this season, hes lineman for id say nearly half our games at home what a joke, and hes rubbish,

Terry
12/03/2007, 7:19 AM
Alan Kelly is supposed to be the best as rated from the FAI. I am not sure of the pecking order for the rest.

then how come he was the ref for our replay against ye in the cup 2 seasons ago when ye won by a controversal penalty decision in turners cross???:mad:

BohsPartisan
12/03/2007, 7:59 AM
Yeah I'm nearly sure he reffed a Cork V Bohs game in the last couple of seasons. If a "Dublin" ref is refereeing one of our games there is a better chance he hates us than likes us (I'm convinced they all hate us anyway). However there is only one team in Cork so Kelly as a Cork referee would seem to have a conflict of interests in that respect.

Hibs4Ever
12/03/2007, 8:52 AM
Yeah I'm nearly sure he reffed a Cork V Bohs game in the last couple of seasons. If a "Dublin" ref is refereeing one of our games there is a better chance he hates us than likes us (I'm convinced they all hate us anyway). However there is only one team in Cork so Kelly as a Cork referee would seem to have a conflict of interests in that respect.

I remember seeing him a few times at Cork's U21 games against Pats in recent years

Block G Raptor
12/03/2007, 9:59 AM
Ian Stokes was terrible on Friday
Denied us too penalties the first one I'll have to see again on eircom league weekly but the second was absolutely BLATENT!!
that and a flurry of yellow cards for nothing and no card when Dessie Byrne nearly broke simon Webb in half

Danny
12/03/2007, 10:11 AM
have to say the lino on saturday v Longford was atrocious....
It looked liek he didnt have a clue, he got about 5/6 throws wrong, another 1/2 he just put his flag straight up in the air and waited on Tuite to tell him which way it was and some of the offside decisions he gave were unbelieveable.

RonnieB
12/03/2007, 10:18 AM
Glad I wasn't the only one to notice how terrible he was. He looked completely lost.

Schumi
12/03/2007, 11:44 AM
The ref for us v Rovers was great. Gave us everything. :D

Armando
12/03/2007, 3:21 PM
The ref for us v Rovers was great. Gave us everything. :D

Ye that guy was a joke alright! What really got to me was how he never played advantage, blew for every little foul even if a team retained possesion, and then inevitably called the player over for a little reprimand to justify stopping play! I find this a general trait of all LOI refs though. Very frustrating to watch.

P. S. The lineswoman in that game was reffing my LSL match on Saturday afternoon....very surreal altogether!

razor
12/03/2007, 3:35 PM
then how come he was the ref for our replay against ye in the cup 2 seasons ago when ye won by a controversal penalty decision in turners cross???:mad:Think that was a last minute thing, don't worry we were as surprised as ye were.

monkey magic
12/03/2007, 4:33 PM
[QUOTE=Danny;641962]have to say the lino on saturday v Longford was atrocious....
It looked liek he didnt have a clue, he got about 5/6 throws wrong, another 1/2 he just put his flag straight up in the air and waited on Tuite to tell him which way it was and some of the offside decisions he gave were unbelieveable.[/QUOTE

noticed this meself, on at least three occasions he got the offside wrong - From where i was watchin he even flagged for a player who wasnt involved in a move at one stage.:rolleyes:

Schumi
12/03/2007, 5:43 PM
What really got to me was how he never played advantage, blew for every little foul even if a team retained possession, and then inevitably called the player over for a little reprimand to justify stopping play!Agreed, very annoying.