PDA

View Full Version : SO...what do ye think??

RockofGibraltar
11/03/2007, 11:33 AM
Dont know how many of ye were out there but going on last night I dont think our prospects for the season are too bad. Obviously we dont have the players or finances to be challenging for europe we all know that but I think we will have no problem in steadying the ship this season and finish in mid table comfortably.

I mean I saw enough last night to suggest that we can finish ahead of the likes of Bray,Waterford,Galway,UCD and maybe Sligo but perhaps I am being a little too optimistic.

I think Mark Rutherford turned in a great performance last night looked like he was hungry for the game and that he was playing for his shirt. He drew at least 2 or 3 fouls that resulted in Pats players being booked. He still has great pace for a near 35 y.o. and his delivery was quite good from set pieces. I can see him becoming a fans favourite very quickly if he keeps turning in those sort of performances.

I also think young Pat Sullivan is an astute signing...we at last have a decent right back not like headless chicken alan murphy.

We were playing a few players out of position last night such as Davy Freeman on the right wing and Rob Martin on the left wing but once Baker and Deegan return we should be able to restore most of these such players to their natural positions. If Dave Mooney gets more clinical in front of goal I think we should have no problem finishing maybe 7th or 8th which will do grand for this season once we get the off the field stuff sorted out.

Anyways thats my opinion ;)