PDA

View Full Version : derry defeat

notever
10/03/2007, 6:25 PM
Bray may have been beaten last night but this was a good performance from Bray when you consider they were without three strikers. Bray could so easily have been ahead before Derry scored. It certainly was a very positive performance as Bray played some excellent footbal.It would give you great confidence for the future.Chris Deans was outstandig but he only got a 5 in the Star to-day. Roll on next Friday night don't miss it.

Eoingull
11/03/2007, 9:26 PM
Don't mind those newspaper ratings...they're usually nonsense. I agree Chris Deans had a great game, but then I felt most of the team played very well. I can't recall ever seeing a Wanderers team look so fit and full of running. Several of us had predicted Bray would play one up front and defend for most of the game, but we couldn't have been more wrong! They really gave it their best shot, and bar the result I was very encouraged by what I saw.

thedoyler
11/03/2007, 10:51 PM
Sounds like we got off to as good a start as i could have hoped for anyway, just shows you cant judge by friendlies, i was severly worried about derry away after the wexford and waterford games, but it sounds as if eddie got it right, i had a college exam friday from 6.30-8.00 in town so i couldnt make the game....roll on friday.

Hulsey
12/03/2007, 11:44 AM
Very good performance. Wasn't a single bad performance from any of the lads. And the most encouraging thing of all is that they showed fight and desire, sadly lacking last year. Eddie obviously has a belief installed in the team as the heads didin't drop when they conceded like last season. Liked the look of Dunphy up front, really looked like he isnt afraid to put himself about. On the day only the brilliance of Pat Mc Court separated the sides. Derry only looked like creating anything when he was on the ball.