PDA

View Full Version : Top of the League

DaveyCakes
09/03/2007, 9:08 PM
Crisis? What crisis?:D

SligoBrewer
09/03/2007, 9:09 PM
lol.. larve it larve it larve it larve it laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarve it.

Only1Rovers
09/03/2007, 10:02 PM
Go on THE BIT O'RED, who needs strikers!

SligoBrewer
09/03/2007, 10:06 PM
isnt it beautiful!

Only1Rovers
09/03/2007, 10:09 PM
where did Faz play? out on the wing? did Rovers play 4-4-3? how did Brush get on?

Conor H
09/03/2007, 11:20 PM
Sligo hammered us.

Very good all over.......alot sharper than us.

UTD were empahtically welcomed to the Premier Divison tonight by a much hungrier Sligo team.
Our kepper was embarassing for LOI and our wing backs shouldn't be playing for a pub team never mind us.

Nevertheless with Rodgers and O Flynn to come into the fold i think we'll be ok.

With Cork,Drogheda,Rovers and Pats all in a row though we'll be lucky to be mid table.

FFS.

SligoBrewer
09/03/2007, 11:28 PM
where did Faz play? out on the wing? did Rovers play 4-4-3? how did Brush get on?
well taking him out of goals and putting him upfront to relieve the striker crisis was a bold but genius move but we managed with no keeper and the formation is now great success!;)

feo123
09/03/2007, 11:43 PM
was 4-4-2. everyone played absolutly brilliantly. IMO turner was M.O.M at right full.....mckenzie(new captain) and peers were outstanding in the middle and foyzer didnt put a foot wrong! hughes was solid enough on the right, then the 2 boys ogrady and curran were also man of the match contenders! excellent! have never seen jay play so good since hes been at the showgrounds, excellent throughout, looked very comfortable on the ball at all times! took his goal excellently! faz was showed great bits of skill at times, and raf was his usual self....very very good, beat charles in the air all night! the first goal was a great move, faz's back heel, great through ball to hughesy, squared it perfectly for curran to tap home! and jay's was a perfect volley, took me about 2 minutes to realise it didnt go wide but anyway!
everyone of them played for the shirt, showed heart and fight! couldnt ask for one bit more from anyone!
thanks lads and well done!!

avvenalaf
10/03/2007, 1:40 AM
Conor, on what I saw tonight, your only hope of a point from those four games is against Shams. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid........

cillit1928
10/03/2007, 2:00 AM
one word,

BEAUTIFUL:) :)

Jeebus
10/03/2007, 2:16 AM
Sligo hammered us.

UTD were empahtically welcomed to the Premier Divison tonight by a much hungrier Sligo team.
Our kepper was embarassing for LOI and our wing backs shouldn't be playing for a pub team never mind us.

Nevertheless with Rodgers and O Flynn to come into the fold i think we'll be ok.

With Cork,Drogheda,Rovers and Pats all in a row though we'll be lucky to be mid table.

FFS.

Ya must be delighted that we sang a song about you??!! ;) haha

max power
10/03/2007, 2:20 AM
but is there not a league table until all teams have played,

pats will be top when they destroy us :(

Jeebus
10/03/2007, 2:34 AM
Sligo hammered us.

FFS.

Welcome to the big boys league. And we are not due to play ye again for another while so dont know why you mention us again.

Gaillimh Al
10/03/2007, 7:30 AM
Well done Sligo. Very good performance.
O'Grady man of the match for me. Think it was even enough until the 1st goal went in, but then the difference in class told.
We should have scored first(Armstrongs header) which might have changed the complexion of it, but the efforts after going behind were poor on our part and Sligo's tactics were spot on.

Red&White Rover
10/03/2007, 8:14 AM
what an excellent performance all round! was delighted for Conor O'Grady, it meant so much to him (and all of them) at the end! Bring on Derry....

and i have to say, the Rovers player i was most impressed with was Dick Brush....he's come from being not so confident understudy to a solid shot stopper now!

DonalE
10/03/2007, 9:06 AM
what an excellent performance all round! was delighted for Conor O'Grady, it meant so much to him (and all of them) at the end! Bring on Derry....

and i have to say, the Rovers player i was most impressed with was Dick Brush....he's come from being not so confident understudy to a solid shot stopper now!

And he's still another month away from fitness too, shouldn't have been playing but came in and did a great job with a heavily strapped knee. From the looks of it he could just about manage to walk off after the game so well done Brushy.

Conor H
10/03/2007, 9:36 AM
Ya must be delighted that we sang a song about you??!! ;) haha

:cool:

BohsPartisan
10/03/2007, 10:45 AM
Great result lads. Nearly fainted when I heard it on the radio in the car on the way home. Lucky I was sitting down - as you would be in a car.

avvenalaf
10/03/2007, 10:55 AM
The state that Dick Brush played in last night tells you something about Leo's opinion of Arcaba.

Darco Ooragnak
10/03/2007, 11:07 AM
The state that Dick Brush played in last night tells you something about Leo's opinion of Arcaba.

Was Arcaba on the bench last night, thought the sub `keeper looked about 17.

feo123
10/03/2007, 11:27 AM
no he was ineligable, the 3 clubs rule thing i think! that was the new under 21 keeper, dont know his name!

Red&White Rover
10/03/2007, 1:17 PM
actually he was ineligble..

feo123
10/03/2007, 2:30 PM
id say dick got an injection? and then put all the bandages over it! could barely walk off after it! fare play to him! looks very very good, i heard last year he was just as good as o'hara in trainin/U21's etc.... but never got a chance because john was that good!

Red&White Rover
10/03/2007, 3:31 PM
id say dick got an injection? and then put all the bandages over it! could barely walk off after it! fare play to him! looks very very good, i heard last year he was just as good as o'hara in trainin/U21's etc.... but never got a chance because john was that good!
when i saw him towards the end of the season in UCD he wasnt at all confident, especially on crosses...different class yesterday/...

Terry
10/03/2007, 3:40 PM
sligo were by far the better team last night, with cretaro the Man of the Match for me. Brush also had a good game in goals, as did turner and one or 2 others. The teams fitness levels ( bar foy) looked very high and I think if they can play like that every week will do even better this season than last.

Well done and good luck

Da Real Rover
10/03/2007, 4:06 PM
And leo looked fairly pleased with himself at the end of the match. rightly so, $ean connor eat your heart out.