PDA

View Full Version : Rams 0 Limerick 2

ramblers
09/03/2007, 8:40 PM
Wasnt able to get to the game but limerick missed a penalty as well.

Anyone got a report?

rambler14
09/03/2007, 9:35 PM
Ramblers met my exact expectations for the coming season tonight.
I don't know why people on the forum underestimated Limerick 37 as their team is made up of most of last years Limerick side with 1 or 2 exceptions.
Ramblers went out with no midfielders with consistent eircom league experience(with exception 4 Davin) and 2 strikers who are both in thier late teens to early twenties and just arn't experienced enough to lead the line together. Kearney at left-back is only just out of the MSL so isn't used to the eircom league level.
Our experience comes at the back with James McCarthy(who is prone to a clanger), Alan Carey, Murray, Guthrie and Davin. That makes it only 5 players in the 1st team squad who actually have some bit of know how.
We better get used to the site of Ramblers on a losing result this season because lets face it our squad is not strong enough to compete!
The Munster Cup should be all we achieve this season and if we don't win the Munster Cup it will be a massive dissappointment and huge failure.

don ramo
09/03/2007, 11:46 PM
davin will be a big loss was talking to hendo he said his hamstring is f***ed and its twice it normal size so he may be out for a few weeks (that was a reckless challenge and should have been a red) good to see o'reilly back though, mikey was on the bench so there is another that we can call on, i still think were stronger than that game showed limerick were hungary, we saw it from the start they wee chasing everthing and gave us no time on the ball, there keeper was fairly dodgy and wasnt tested enough fro my likins, they were really physical i wasnt expecting them to be that physical really,
the team seemed in disarray, i walked by the dressig room at half time to see hendo outside so dunno who gave the speech, whos in charge hendo or mellerick our both, next game i dont wanna see hendo outside he should be inside the dressing room gettin the players goin with mellerick, mellerick is good so there is no point beenin outside you wont learn anything hendo,

Monkfish
09/03/2007, 11:50 PM
davin will be a big loss was talking to hendo he said his hamstring is f***ed and its twice it normal size so he may be out for a few weeks (that was a reckless challenge and should have been a red) good to see o'reilly back though, mikey was on the bench so there is another that we can call on, i still think were stronger than that game showed limerick were hungary, we saw it from the start they wee chasing everthing and gave us no time on the ball, there keeper was fairly dodgy and wasnt tested enough fro my likins, they were really physical i wasnt expecting them to be that physical really,
the team seemed in disarray, i walked by the dressig room at half time to see hendo outside so dunno who gave the speech, whos in charge hendo or mellerick our both, next game i dont wanna see hendo outside he should be inside the dressing room gettin the players goin with mellerick, mellerick is good so there is no point beenin outside you wont learn anything hendo,

Have to agree with that, very surprised with Cobh tonight

bellavistaman
10/03/2007, 1:27 AM
some rams players didnt perform tonight, thats the fact of it all, kearney was outstanding tonight dunno where your getting not used to eircom league standard from he was our only bright spark, lets take the positives out of tonight i think the first half showed what were capable of. roll on when we have gareth, john and ken coleman back we need them badly, mikey is also a big loss we all know what he can give us when he gets fit. hope davin gets fit soon, shockin tackle on him.

Comic Book Guy
10/03/2007, 8:15 AM
Take into account that we were missing Ken Coleman, Gareth, Mikey (not 100% fit) and John Meade then we were going to struggle, I thought that Davin was running the show in the first half and was our biggest threat but that was a fairly shocking and cynical challenge on him that should have got red. Then Guthrie got booked after winning a clean header:rolleyes:
Never in it in the second half but shocking mistake for their second, their penalty award was another howler by the ref but I am not taking anything away from Limerick who deserved the win for their 2nd half display.

paudie
10/03/2007, 8:45 AM
Thought ramblers played some great stuff in the first half but didn't finish off some fine moves.

Limerick came out a different team and once they scored were well on top. Rams needed a few more leaders when behind but the team was very inexperienced.
Agree that the penalty decision was a shocker.

nismo
10/03/2007, 9:23 AM
we need new strikers is what! those 2 lads are not up to it..they just looked lost

don ramo
10/03/2007, 11:28 AM
once reillys back to his best, and when davin and mikey are 100% we should be well on our way but we may have to deal with a rocky start, we have to get behind the team home and away if possible, with such a young team you cant expect the world straight away

TheBoss
10/03/2007, 7:18 PM
Who was on the Bench for Ramblers ?

nismo
10/03/2007, 11:06 PM
once reillys back to his best, and when davin and mikey are 100% we should be well on our way but we may have to deal with a rocky start, we have to get behind the team home and away if possible, with such a young team you cant expect the world straight away

typical ramblers attitude...give them a chance... well be better next year...there a young team...newsflash lads theyve been a young team for the last 10 years :rolleyes: this attitude is part of the reason were rotting away in the first division every year!

don ramo
11/03/2007, 12:34 AM
typical ramblers attitude...give them a chance... well be better next year...there a young team...newsflash lads theyve been a young team for the last 10 years :rolleyes: this attitude is part of the reason were rotting away in the first division every year!

alright so reillys expierienced mikey, davin, cambridge and coleman also but at that there all injured or suspended so whos left, king, carey, mc carthy, barrett, kearney, nolan, etc they will have to paly together and gel, the quicker they gel the better the team will be
if anyone can get an extra thousand fans through the gate and keep them there for two seasons we'll have a good squad otherwise as soon as there good our get sick of it theyll leave cause other clubs can offer more money our even full time.:mad:

Rams Mc 7
12/03/2007, 7:41 AM
rams played well up until davin went off..he was causin limerick lots of problems..the game changed after that.limerick were the better team i suppose in the second half and they took there chances from our mistakes..hopefully we will improve next week..

The Rebel Ram
12/03/2007, 10:20 AM
One thing that needs to be sorted out is disipline!
We all saw how much of a depleted squad it is for the coming season and there were 2/3 unnecessary bookings in the secondhalf that were bourn out of frustration. Sort it Hendo or we will have absolutely no hope!

jebus
12/03/2007, 10:23 AM
Whatever about the penalty decision lads but your keeper should have walked for handling outside the box early in the second half. I think its fair to say the ref/linesmen were a bit ****e

bellavistaman
12/03/2007, 1:10 PM
Whatever about the penalty decision lads but your keeper should have walked for handling outside the box early in the second half. I think its fair to say the ref/linesmen were a bit ****e

a bit?

don ramo
12/03/2007, 2:15 PM

pobably ya i didnt get a clear view of the handball, but yer number 5 should have walked for the tackle on davin in the first half, so i suppose if our keeper handballed outside the box it even on decisions, but the game was lost when davin was taken out for us

jebus
12/03/2007, 10:23 PM
pobably ya i didnt get a clear view of the handball, but yer number 5 should have walked for the tackle on davin in the first half, so i suppose if our keeper handballed outside the box it even on decisions, but the game was lost when davin was taken out for us

Fair enough, I thought it was a shocking tackle to be honest, was very surprised he didn't walk for it. That said I still think we outplayed you! :p

TheBoss
13/03/2007, 2:32 PM
No one knows the Ramblers un-used subs ?