PDA

View Full Version : New Limerick website

lims fan
06/01/2003, 9:01 AM
http://www.geocities.com/mark_grad99/classic_blue.html

LFC in Exile
06/01/2003, 10:53 AM
What a laugh. :) Well done. Put a smile on a miserable Monday morning. As for the honours page - wow, Limerick really are a club steeped in glory.

deise deserter
08/01/2003, 4:00 PM
Jesus, I really hate to ask this Lims Fan but do you actually ever enjoy the games?

Maybe it's time for a break for you - I'm sure a heart attack is around the corner if this level of rage and malice that I've read in your site pours over into you're everyday life!

Seriously though, who is your "reporter" that was at the Athlone game? Obviously not one who was watching the match at any rate. It reads like something that was heard 4th or 5th hand. Most definitely the writer has what can only be described as a smalltime mindset who is looking for fault at every turn.

"a toothless front line of Anton Mannering and Ciaran Foley."
Actually (as someone who was at the match) Mannering, Foley and heffernan slotted together quite well and kept the pressure on Athlone for the vast majority of the game. Hardly toothless.

"Noel O'Connor must have been pleased with the win but few will shed a tear when as expected he will stand down in the coming weeks."

Just wondering where your intrepid reporter found this nugget of information? Has O'Connor given indication of this? Incidently his tactics were nothing less than spot-on in Athlone.

Other than these points and the potential of libel ;) well done on putting up a site, it's nice to get an "alternative" viewpoint.