Alan Cawley and Gavin Doyle - Bray
Gareth Farrelly and Colin Healy - Cork
Ray Scully - Waterford
Dean Pooley - Bohs

First Division
Shaun Holmes - Finn Harps
Conor Meade - Cobh
Leech & Brophy - Shels

According to 'The Sun' (yes i know its a rag) all these players are illeligable to play for there clubs till July as they have played for two clubs in the last year

gustavo
08/03/2007, 2:01 PM
They all look perfectly legible to me but maybe you just have bad handwriting.

osarusan
08/03/2007, 2:20 PM

Haha:D . Much better than the comeback I had.

Mark Breen
08/03/2007, 2:33 PM

I hate the smart arse's on these sites you all know what i mean, Unfortunately i can't change the title of this thread (maybe the mods can)

according to one of the lads on the shels site the FAI are just going to ignore this rule (Can they do that)

gustavo
08/03/2007, 2:47 PM
But seriously , I think the FAI will have to put their foot down as regards the differing calender the League operates under and how it might put us at a disadvantage

Seagull
08/03/2007, 2:50 PM
But seriously , I think the FAI will have to put their foot down as regards the differing calender the League operates under and how it might put us at a disadvantage

Well it's a FIFA rule but it's ridiculous it's only come to light now in the week the season starts. Bad start for the FAI run League imo.

BohsPartisan
08/03/2007, 2:52 PM
FAI run League.

ROFL :D

DmanDmythDledge
08/03/2007, 2:55 PM
I don't think it should affect Brophy and Leech as they were on loan deals last season.

blue til i die
08/03/2007, 3:22 PM
its turning into some joke. Waterford have been informed that Ray Scully is unavailable having already played for Rovers and kildare.
http://www.waterford-united.ie/nextpage.php?subaction=showfull&id=1173340316&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

Burnsie
08/03/2007, 3:26 PM
Dmand, the fact that it was a loan deal makes no difference as far as FIFA's three-club rule goes

Philly
08/03/2007, 3:49 PM
The FAI are meeting tonight and might decide to overlook the rule. The Finnish league does the same.

lofty9
08/03/2007, 3:54 PM
according to one of the lads on the shels site the FAI are just going to ignore this rule (Can they do that)

I've heard the Finnish league is having the same problem and they are going to ignore Fifas rule. It is breaking all laws on employees movement etc. The fifa directive actually stops these footballers from earning a wage.

just as Philly says!!

BohsPartisan
08/03/2007, 4:01 PM
I've heard the Finnish league is having the same problem and they are going to ignore Fifas rule. It is breaking all laws on employees movement etc. The fifa directive actually stops these footballers from earning a wage.

Well if the FAI are ignoring this rule, fair play to them. Credit where its due and all that.
Hang on, can I be fined for posting a positive comment about them? :D

Burnsie
08/03/2007, 4:18 PM
i think you can claim a grant bohspartisan. it's only fair.

RĂ©iteoir
08/03/2007, 4:35 PM
Well if the FAI are ignoring this rule, fair play to them. Credit where its due and all that.

10 GRAND, IN CASH, NOW

PM me for the address to send it to

passerrby
08/03/2007, 4:38 PM
willie doyle for the mons as well. FAI are fighting it but will not hold my breath

pete
08/03/2007, 4:42 PM
FIFA won;y care what we do in our domestic league & I guess they don't care what goes on inside Uefa either.

The FAI should ignore the rule, ignore FIFA & petition Uefa to ignore in time for the Europe games in the summer.

Student Mullet
08/03/2007, 4:45 PM
I don't think ignoring the rule is a good idea, especially with the rules stating a three point deduction for fielding an ineligable player.

Philly
08/03/2007, 5:02 PM
As far as I know the Finnish league have allowed such players to play and FIFA have turned a "blind eye" to their ignoring of that particular rule.

FIFA rules technically can't be imposed over our domestic leagues rules, they just are usually followed, or something like that.

passerrby
08/03/2007, 5:04 PM
ah but you see they applied commen sense to the problem whereas we......

Philly
08/03/2007, 5:11 PM
Maybe the FAI should leave UEFA in protest. Join the Asian Football Confederation or something. We might qualify for something that way. :)

Student Mullet
08/03/2007, 5:14 PM
From the FAI rulebook:

RULE 4. MEMBERS’ OBLIGATIONS
The Members of the Football Association of Ireland have the following obligations
a) To comply fully with the Statutes, regulations, directives and decisions of FIFA, UEFA and the Football Association of Ireland at all times and to ensure that these are also respected by its membersI really think that ignoring the ruling is inviting another trip to the high court.

passerrby
08/03/2007, 5:15 PM
Maybe the FAI should leave UEFA in protest. Join the Asian Football Confederation or something. We might qualify for something that way. :)

they will not except us as would bring down there co efficencey

neville neville
09/03/2007, 8:16 AM
any news on this Lads?

Dodge
09/03/2007, 8:19 AM
From the FAI rulebook:
I really think that ignoring the ruling is inviting another trip to the high court.

It wa the league saying they will ignore the FIFA ruling (Finland already does) as they belive it was not designed for our summer season.

Disgrace it was left until now

Mark Breen
09/03/2007, 8:37 AM
any news on this Lads?

Havn't heard any, I know Shels have left Brophy and Leech out of teh squad for tonights game, Leech is going to be a huge loss

GuisaSaigon
09/03/2007, 8:45 AM
Galway United's Gary Rogers has been told he can't play tonight he played for both Dublin City and Bray last season.Seems it wasn't pointed out until last night. :mad:

harpskid
09/03/2007, 9:37 AM
Galway United's Gary Rogers has been told he can't play tonight he played for both Dublin City and Bray last season.Seems it wasn't pointed out until last night. :mad:

I heard that Dub City aren't counted in this rule as they went belly up....? :confused:

What a joke! We had Shaun Holmes signed since before Christmas and the FAI decide to tell us days before our opener that he couldn't play. Welcome to the super-duper league folks where everything's going to be great :rolleyes:

WeAreRovers
09/03/2007, 10:11 AM
I heard that Dub City aren't counted in this rule as they went belly up....? :confused:

Didn't stop our points deduction last year even though the rules stated that players registrations revert to the league when a club goes bust. They've been ignoring their own rules for years so why not start ignoring FIFA ones.

KOH

Jerry The Saint
09/03/2007, 10:18 AM

That's really bad form - what if a player has 2 clubs that go bankrupt in one season (unfortunately a scenario that's far too likely in this country :eek: )? Are they not allowed to join anyone else? Silly FIFA rule.

Dodge
09/03/2007, 10:20 AM
Its likely that a man can be manager of two clubs that go bust within a year in this country

Sheridan
09/03/2007, 10:46 AM
Any implications for L37 considering Limerick F.C. presumably counts towards the permissible total of clubs?

paudie
09/03/2007, 12:11 PM

On the contrary, you should be entitled to a payment from the FAI for making a positive comment.

Then at least the fines received by the FAI will be put to good use;)

GuisaSaigon
09/03/2007, 12:21 PM
I think this rule was ignored last season but recent high profile cases have brought it to the FAI's attention. Didnt Eric Lavine play for Longford, Galway and Athlone last season? I think Mick O'Donnell played for ucd, dublin city and Galway United last season. I'd better stop now before I get fined!

Raheny Red
09/03/2007, 4:38 PM
Havn't heard any, I know Shels have left Brophy and Leech out of teh squad for tonights game, Leech is going to be a huge loss

Judging by his performance on Sunday, he will not be missed!

GuisaSaigon
12/03/2007, 3:41 PM
Its been reported that the FAI are sending a delegation to FIFA some time this week to sort this out. They are seeking a temorary dispensation. Does anybody know exactly when this is happening?

Risteard
13/03/2007, 12:06 AM
Sounds good although i'd be hoping for City to win their own case soon.
Where has this been reported?

GuisaSaigon
13/03/2007, 8:45 AM
Where has this been reported?
In Friday's Star.

Magicme
13/03/2007, 8:53 AM
Apparently he was heading off yesterday or today to try sort it out.

Go on Fran get us Willie back!

BohsFans
13/03/2007, 10:40 AM
Pooley played for Bohs on Friday night, as the FAI put his registration through.

GuisaSaigon
13/03/2007, 11:25 AM
Pooley played for Bohs on Friday night, as the FAI put his registration through.

Has he played for 2 other clubs this year?

BohsFans
13/03/2007, 1:41 PM
Has he played for 2 other clubs this year?

Don't know, don't care.
Saw his name on this list and replied:

Premier League
Peter Hynes - Derry City
Alan Cawley and Gavin Doyle - Bray
Gareth Farrelly and Colin Healy - Cork
Ray Scully - Waterford
Dean Pooley - Bohs

First Division
Shaun Holmes - Finn Harps
Conor Meade - Cobh
Leech & Brophy - Shels

carrickharp
14/03/2007, 8:41 AM
Any word on these appeals yet??

Magicme
14/03/2007, 8:56 AM
AFAIK it will be 5 workin days b4 FIFA get to consider the appeal so all players will b unavailable for another few days.