PDA

View Full Version : Connor questions Sligo Rovers' ambition

BohDiddley
08/03/2007, 7:42 AM
Apologies if this is already posted here... but it's about you, not us ;)

Connor questions Sligo ambition (http://bohsnews.wordpress.com/2007/03/08/connor-questions-former-clubs-ambition/)
Seán Connor has weighed into the debacle surrounding Rob McDonald’s departure from Sligo Rovers by questioning the ambition of his former club. ‘I took a lot of criticism over the reasons why I left,’ said Connor. ‘And, while I’ve never gone into those reasons, maybe some of the reasons why I left are the reasons for his going."

HomeBrewPlease
08/03/2007, 9:00 AM
Apologies if this is already posted here... but it's about you, not us ;)

Connor questions Sligo ambition (http://bohsnews.wordpress.com/2007/03/08/connor-questions-former-clubs-ambition/)
Seán Connor has weighed into the debacle surrounding Rob McDonald’s departure from Sligo Rovers by questioning the ambition of his former club. ‘I took a lot of criticism over the reasons why I left,’ said Connor. ‘And, while I’ve never gone into those reasons, maybe some of the reasons why I left are the reasons for his going."

You're not suggesting that McDonald was a money grabbing good for nothing scumbag are you?

gustavo
08/03/2007, 9:10 AM
He's only looking for reasons to justify his departure.

showgies
08/03/2007, 9:20 AM
He's only looking for reasons to justify his departure.

Sadly, Rovers have just provided those excuses with the latest debacle :mad:

Rocky
08/03/2007, 11:59 AM
You're not suggesting that McDonald was a money grabbing good for nothing scumbag are you?

When Sean came first i asked him in the forum what would make our 'connection' with BCFC different from the failures like Shels - Man U or Cork - Leicester, ad he said "my personal relationship with Steve Bruce". He's a joker, better not to talk of him again!

Rovers1
08/03/2007, 12:03 PM
the closest thing Sean Connor got to a personal relationship with Steve Bruce, was when he saw a picture of him in the star, looking for a piece on himself!! >:(

Fivesilver
08/03/2007, 4:27 PM
He's been pretty much all over the papers the last few days. It's handy for the hacks who don't want to spend too much time or effort on domestic football to have a rentagob like Connor.
He's doing plenty bigging himself up - 't will all end in tears, mark my words.

Red&White Rover
08/03/2007, 7:51 PM
He's been pretty much all over the papers the last few days. It's handy for the hacks who don't want to spend too much time or effort on domestic football to have a rentagob like Connor.
He's doing plenty bigging himself up - 't will all end in tears, mark my words.

i feel that'll happen too....

red bellied
12/03/2007, 12:54 PM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=26888

If Turner continues to play like he did Friday night it wont just Bohs that will be interested.

Fivesilver
12/03/2007, 1:02 PM
Tells you a lot about Connor, doesn't it?

First of all, it's a bit low doing your best to unsettle Turner at Rovers with months to go to the transfer window.

Secondly, is he not going to spend the next couple of months going through his 'contacts' in England? :p

He was constantly going on about this when he came to Sligo, and just before he joined Bohs. Looks like all he can do along these lines for Bohs is try to loot Rovers - and he didn't even bring those players to Sligo in the first place.

He was found out in terms of integrity in the latter stages of last season; looks like he's going to be found out as a manager this year.

Prat.

red bellied
12/03/2007, 1:07 PM
Heard he made a bigger prat of himself Friday night in a interview after the match in Dalymount, should his true arrogant colours.

Fivesilver
12/03/2007, 1:17 PM
Reckon he'll be trying to sign Gerry Cassidy next. :p

red bellied
12/03/2007, 1:21 PM
Well didnt actually see it myself but from what I heard, some young one was interviewing him after the game and came across something like this "Ah well Sean you were lucky to get a point in the end" Connor was having none of it saying Bohs should have won the game, what game were you looking at kind of thing in a very thick manner.

Red4Eva
12/03/2007, 2:39 PM
any1 wanna start a sweep on how long b4 he gets sacked by bohs? he's making excuses for his ineptitude already "we'll be good in a cupla months" & "i'd be happy with a top 4 finish".

feo123
12/03/2007, 5:01 PM
Chris Turner imo is our best player, he's composed on the ball, picks a pass, he's fit, strong and our best tackler.....we may not have brought in many players but it was more important than any signing we could have made to have chris stay with us!

Only1Rovers
13/03/2007, 2:00 PM
Chris Turner imo is our best player, he's composed on the ball, picks a pass, he's fit, strong and our best tackler.....we may not have brought in many players but it was more important than any signing we could have made to have chris stay with us!

Ditto, even if we did sell Chrissy for decent money we'd prob be better off having him than two mediocre players that would come in for the money we got for him. I'm surprised with his attitude in the Galway game, but if he wants to move on from Rovers he'll have to play well, and it seem thats what he's gonna to. Let just hope we keep him for the season.

That should be leGEnd no LEdgEND...