PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Fear

passinginterest
07/03/2007, 11:20 AM
My biggest fear for Friday having been at the Bray match and read the reports available from the other games is that we get a player sent off early and end up taking an embarassing pasting.
Two players were booked against Bray and deservedly so, reports from Waterford and UCD also suggested some fairly meaty tackles flying about. I'm worried that the adrenaline rush and enthusiam for the first game will lead to something silly.
Anyone share my fear?
Predictions wise I'm saying 0-0 but I think that might be wishful thinking. I'd say not getting beaten by more than 2 would be a great achievement and to score a goal or two would be a massive bonus! :)

wexman
07/03/2007, 11:24 AM
would do v well to score if three friendlies are anything to go by it could be back to the walls for 90 mins & hope we dont get ****e hammered out of us

Magicme
07/03/2007, 11:24 AM
I wouldnt be so fearful of a pasting as we will be missing some key players including our new goalie. Think we may just sneak one in and win 1-0, but I we wont be at full strenght so even that is not assured.

Lim till i die
07/03/2007, 12:16 PM
Pasting?!?! :eek:

Relax lads, your playing Monaghan :p

Tazskool
07/03/2007, 1:15 PM
As far as I see it.. yes the lads may run about like headless chickens in most games.. but as long as they improve as a team and pull off the occasionaly draw.. and hopefully 1 -2 wins this season i will be happy :)

YellowbellyRed
07/03/2007, 4:56 PM
Chaps lets not be too downhearted at this stage. Give the chaps a five game lead in, and then watch them rise through the league Sunderland like...