PDA

View Full Version : Mayo 1st Division 2008

Pages : [1] 2

short_frank
07/03/2007, 12:31 AM
Anyone any views on the 1st division this year. I think it will be the tightest division of all because there are a lot of quality teams in there. Urlaur and Moyvilla who came up will be good. Anyone any views on how Conn Rangers and Killalla will react to relegation? I think that Urlaur, Inver and Moyvilla will be chasing hard for promotion.

sinabhuil
07/03/2007, 6:25 PM
Urlaur are very good at breaking quick from defence with very good long range strikers of the ball. Moy villa must be good as Ballyheane B were very good last year and Moy Villa beat them easily. Urlaur's squads rarely change.

mandarin frogs
07/03/2007, 6:43 PM
Anyone any views on the 1st division this year. I think it will be the tightest division of all because there are a lot of quality teams in there. Urlaur and Moyvilla who came up will be good. Anyone any views on how Conn Rangers and Killalla will react to relegation? I think that Urlaur, Inver and Moyvilla will be chasing hard for promotion.

You're spot on S_f, it will be awful tight in that division. It reads like a list of nightmare opposition for most teams in the mayo league. Cant ever remember getting anything easy out of visits to the likes of conn, killalla, and especially urlar. Moy villa had a great season in a poor division last year, but you can only beat whats put in front of you. They will be a force this season. Watch Inver, they will be there or thereabouts.:ball:

renovater
07/03/2007, 10:07 PM
Urlaur to win the division Ballyheane and Kilalla to be relegated:D

juan pablo
08/03/2007, 9:00 AM
Moyvilla to win the league and ballyheane and partry to go down.

short_frank
08/03/2007, 11:59 PM
Moyvilla to win the league and ballyheane and partry to go down.

You should have held back on that statement JP until after the match sunday. Don't base anything on last year as Partry were flying until they got the legs kicked off them by one club and consequently lost 7 first teamers. They came back strongly at the end of season when the injuries abated.

Partry will be no pushovers and will suprise quite a few teams as they did Westport B last Sunday.

juan pablo
09/03/2007, 1:09 AM
sunday is a once off cup match, its always tough playin partry in this cup, year after year the match's have always been competitive so robe are not expecting at all to think they'll walk this one,

by the way, this is not JP but another player but can you guess who. J.P is actually out injured with a calf muscle he injured against cross celtic 2 weeks ago, was talkin to him last sunday and he doesnt reckon he will be able to play. I can see why me being Juan Pablo could trick people into thinking i was JP, but luckily im not!!

as for the league 1, i think it will be close and partry as you said seeing as they have lost some players will find it difficult this year, i would not like to see partry go down at all so hope i am proven wrong.

many out injured sunday mike??? :)

short_frank
09/03/2007, 5:36 AM
sunday is a once off cup match, its always tough playin partry in this cup, year after year the match's have always been competitive so robe are not expecting at all to think they'll walk this one,

by the way, this is not JP but another player but can you guess who. J.P is actually out injured with a calf muscle he injured against cross celtic 2 weeks ago, was talkin to him last sunday and he doesnt reckon he will be able to play. I can see why me being Juan Pablo could trick people into thinking i was JP, but luckily im not!!

as for the league 1, i think it will be close and partry as you said seeing as they have lost some players will find it difficult this year, i would not like to see partry go down at all so hope i am proven wrong.

many out injured sunday mike??? :)

Bad run of injuries were last year but the close season has been good to Partry and so far (touch wood) they are ALL fit to go. All players back and a couple of good additions, one new and one who took a year out. Feeling confident for the new season and raring to go.
Oh yea I will be like you and deny totally the assumption in the last post of who I really am hiding behind this alias.:)

the dude
09/03/2007, 9:50 AM
Urlaur to win the division Ballyheane and Kilalla to be relegated:D
for a man whos involved in ballyheane u dont have much faith in ur own players

the grape vine
09/03/2007, 10:30 AM

very good point, dont hear to many more chairmen putting there own club down. if he thinks that at least let him keep it to himself or try and do something to help avoid that happening !!

The Don
09/03/2007, 1:19 PM
I think Ballyheane B could have enough about them to survive in the division

the dude
09/03/2007, 1:55 PM

and who have they signed to help them survive. any new players join?

juan pablo
09/03/2007, 2:14 PM
Bad run of injuries were last year but the close season has been good to Partry and so far (touch wood) they are ALL fit to go. All players back and a couple of good additions, one new and one who took a year out. Feeling confident for the new season and raring to go.
Oh yea I will be like you and deny totally the assumption in the last post of who I really am hiding behind this alias.:)

i am not denying any assumption, right so, this is JP, happy now even though it isnt him.

anyways back to footballing matters- good to see ye have ye're squad back.we only have 1 new addition and as i said before, he's a goalie from dublin, big, strong and a great kick out. defense is dodgy this year, the doozer centre back,hes training hard this year, midfield is decent, some tough tacklers, and the strikers only decent,heads can drop if things are not going their away,(sorry Shane & JP!!)

sinabhuil
09/03/2007, 4:00 PM

I dont think they will merely survive. I think they will thrive.

the dude
09/03/2007, 4:07 PM
very good point, dont hear to many more chairmen putting there own club down. if he thinks that at least let him keep it to himself or try and do something to help avoid that happening !!

exactly. who wants to play for a club where their own chairman is putting them down even before the season has started

renovater
18/03/2007, 1:42 PM
Hay dude no its not grass
but you can prove that as one of there own, because if you can please tell us.
but you cant.
May be its called motivation!!!:D

the dude
20/03/2007, 9:48 AM
Hay dude no its not grass
but you can prove that as one of there own, because if you can please tell us.
but you cant.
May be its called motivation!!!:D
what?

renovater
28/03/2007, 9:45 PM
what?
DID ya get stuck for words!!
when you read something, of fen there is a hidden message for others.
Don't get alarmed.
Motivation is of fen the key to success!!
:)

short_frank
29/03/2007, 5:17 AM
Well we finally have the fixtures and the new season is nearly upon us.
I think, as I said before, that the 1st division will be the most competitive despite the super league hype in the papers and on these forums.
Personal opinion time :- the title will be between Charlestown and Moyvilla with Inver, Urlaur and Partry knocking on the door.:ball:

gunner1
29/03/2007, 2:07 PM
and who have they signed to help them survive. any new players join?

as a" b team" they dont have anything to prove, i think mid table and a good run in the cup,team to watch for is moyvilla best team in div 2 last year by a long shot, could go unbeaten other team to watch is partry

short_frank
03/04/2007, 12:02 AM
Interesting weekend in the 1st division. As we all predicted it looks like it could be a tight division with the top teams all taking points off each other. I know it was only the first round of games but it seemed to pan out largley as I thought (Mystic Meg i am not).
Was at the Partry - Killalla game. Good game with Partry coming back from 2 goals down. Partry should have won and indeed had the ball in the net a third time but given off side (wrong decision but the referee to be fair has to make an instant decision in a crowded penalty box). Partry had more of the chances and were unfortunate to only come away with a point.:ball:

the dude
05/04/2007, 3:23 PM
does any one know the next round of fixtures

swinfordfc
19/04/2007, 2:20 PM
must say this forum is very quite!!! no one to report on division 1.....

erris off to a flyer also B.B.bombers

and your dumb! they in Division 2A - just shows how much you know :D

juan pablo
19/04/2007, 2:24 PM
what you talkin about swindford???????

:-)

short_frank
20/04/2007, 12:32 AM
Back to Football.
The division is shaping up early with some interesting results:- Killala's 5-1 demolition of Charlestown in Charlestown, Urlaur's early pace setting, Inver's collapse.
Interesting game this weekend Urlaur v Partry. Partry very unlucky not to have six points in the bag by now, some refereeing decisions wrongly going against them and Urlaur with two good wins. Could be a cracker between two good footballing teams.:ball:

dahamsta
20/04/2007, 10:22 AM
Off topic garbage moved here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=58588).

leftoutside
23/04/2007, 8:17 AM
Big Win for party away to the favourites. Looking good along with moyvilla in thay division.

sinabhuil
23/04/2007, 7:02 PM
Short Frank - great result. Where did that come from? Is your hard work and good research paying off? If you can keep the injuries at bay you should have a good run.

short_frank
24/04/2007, 1:12 AM
Short Frank - great result. Where did that come from? Is your hard work and good research paying off? If you can keep the injuries at bay you should have a good run.

We have been threatening that in the last couple of matches but our touch in front of goal was off, dominating the last two games but not putting them away. We did some hard work in training and it all came together up front on Sunday.
We totally dominated the game from start to finish and were 2 up within 12 minutes.They got an extremely dodgy penalty but thats football, the ref has to make an instant decision and he is only human.
Good researchers are a great help alright!!!!

short_frank
27/04/2007, 4:40 AM
Anyone any views on the games this weekend.

Conn Rangers v Ballyheane ‘B’
Charlestown Athletic v Moy Villa
Kilmore v Inver Utd.
Mulranny Utd. v Partry Athletic
Killala v Urlaur Utd.

Partry have the trip to Mulranney, Should be competetive. All last years games were tight tense affairs.
Charlestown/Moyvilla already played out a 3-3 draw this season so could be entertaining.

Maximus
29/04/2007, 10:57 PM
Unfortunately Urlaur cud'nt field a team at Killala today, which is disappointing because everyone was looking forward to a good cup contest between two of the top teams in the league. Any ideas why urlaur didnt turn up??? Cud be a big fine!

leftoutside
30/04/2007, 9:25 AM
They Probably find the league more challenging than an easy cup run

Maximus
30/04/2007, 9:30 PM
Every competition sud be important for a big club like Urlaur!

Time will tell in the leaugue!!:ball:!!

the dude
21/05/2007, 10:27 AM
how did the results in this division go the weekend

Muscrat
22/05/2007, 11:20 AM
Partry Ath 0 1 Moy Villa
Kilmore 3 1 Conn Rangers
Inver United 2 4 Urlaur United
Ballyheane B 1 1 Killala

Bit of a shock for Killala away to the 'Heane B. They were looking very steady up to this result.. Could be tight at the top here this year. Moy Villa are playing some good football as are Urlaur who wull have to be careful not to miss anymore cup games so to avoid a repeat of their previous campaigns. Killala seem to be inconsistant every season and don't see them causing too much bother

the dude
22/05/2007, 12:02 PM
Partry Ath 0 1 Moy Villa
Kilmore 3 1 Conn Rangers
Inver United 2 4 Urlaur United
Ballyheane B 1 1 Killala

Bit of a shock for Killala away to the 'Heane B. They were looking very steady up to this result.. Could be tight at the top here this year. Moy Villa are playing some good football as are Urlaur who wull have to be careful not to miss anymore cup games so to avoid a repeat of their previous campaigns. Killala seem to be inconsistant every season and don't see them causing too much bother

i was at the kilalla v ballyheane b game. kilalla are a gud side if they just play football and stop their bickering. they wer complaining about everything and this disrupted their game.. they wer like an under 12 side giving out at the littlest of things. if teams just keep winding them up at games they will get a result. they should just concentrate on playing football.

are the fixtures out for nxt weekend

Maximus
22/05/2007, 8:34 PM
Regarding the Killala - Ballyheane B match, there was a lot of bickering from both sides, which did upset the game!(Which was induced by the referee's poor decisions) Bheane did steal a point from the match, with their only real chance of the game, but they will take points off other top teams. It happens every season. Conn Rangers took points off Glenhest last year in the forth round of the league and they went on to win it outright!

Muscrat
23/05/2007, 9:27 AM
i was at the kilalla v ballyheane b game. kilalla are a gud side if they just play football and stop their bickering. they wer complaining about everything and this disrupted their game.. they wer like an under 12 side giving out at the littlest of things. if teams just keep winding them up at games they will get a result. they should just concentrate on playing football.

are the fixtures out for nxt weekend

I agree Killala can play football but their bickering against the referee and the opposing team is probabaly some of the worst I've heard when playing against teams throughout the league. In fairness some refereeing decisions can be bewildering at times and aggrevating when your pushing fro promotion or tryin to survive, but teams in the lower leagues will just have to realise that these decisions are going to happen week in week out, and they are just going to have to get on with it:ball:

the dude
23/05/2007, 9:58 AM
I agree Killala can play football but their bickering against the referee and the opposing team is probabaly some of the worst I've heard when playing against teams throughout the league. In fairness some refereeing decisions can be bewildering at times and aggrevating when your pushing fro promotion or tryin to survive, but teams in the lower leagues will just have to realise that these decisions are going to happen week in week out, and they are just going to have to get on with it:ball:

these players are in their 20's. they should know from an early age that every refereeing decision is not going to go their way and they should just get on with it. i dont mean to give out to kilalla. they are a gud side. its just annoying to see players shouting at each other if things dont go their way

Cloggs
23/05/2007, 5:57 PM

played against killala last season and they have to be the moaniest gang of lads that i've ever encountered (apart from ourselves at times!!)didn't think that they played great football at all but if things weren't going their way,as was often the case last season for them they just gave constant abues to the other team,the ref,you name it!they're also the most the unsporting team when they lose a match-fair enough if you lose and aren't happy about it but you've got to get on with it and shake hands with the opposition afterwards-terrible attitude to have!:(

The Don
24/05/2007, 8:17 AM
Most of their team didnt even shake the hand of the person next to them! They just headed straight for the dressing room. It was a poor game, but if they had stuck to playing ball they should have won it.

Muscrat
26/05/2007, 11:06 AM
Any Predictions for tonights games...? Couple of big ones going on!

Maximus
26/05/2007, 4:56 PM
Ballyheane ‘B’ v Kilmore Away
Inver Utd. v Charlestown Athletic Away
Killala v Moy Villa Home
Mulranny Utd. v Partry Athletic Away
Urlaur Utd. v Conn Rangers Draw

the dude
18/06/2007, 9:54 AM
how did the weekends games. any1 know the table

irishyop
18/06/2007, 11:18 AM
http://www.soccerbot.com/mayo/tables/div1-2007.htm

the dude
18/06/2007, 1:20 PM
http://www.soccerbot.com/mayo/tables/div1-2007.htm

didnt charlestown lose to ballyheane b. moyvilla also lost. didnt see that happenin

irishyop
18/06/2007, 1:41 PM
I see Aertel have a different result!! A Draw between them!!

the dude
18/06/2007, 2:29 PM
I see Aertel have a different result!! A Draw between them!!

ballyheane b did win 1 - 0

short_frank
03/07/2007, 4:38 AM
Cup semi-finals on on thursday. Kilmore v Moy villa and Partry Athletic v Conn Rangers. Any views on how they will go and how the final will pan out.

Midway through the season and the league is looking like a three horse race between Kilmore, Moy Villa and Urlaur. Any views on the promotion and relegation battles.

C'mon lads this is the quietest division of all. Lets get some dicussions going.
:ball:

Muscrat
07/07/2007, 4:21 PM
Sorry Ive been inactive for a while... In regards to this division it's far from being a now" three horse race". If you look at the last few results in all competitions from teams in the top half of the league they are all as inconsistant as eachother, which is fairly usual with the lower leagues as player intrest and commitment comes and goes.. As far as final standings go I think it will have a lot to do with who's got the bottle to keep up theor form and I can see no reason why teams like Charlestown, Partry, Killala and even Mulranny, should they put a good run of wins together and perhaps win away at the top teams that either of them cannot sneak a promotion place... All to play for yet I'm thinkin lads and bids to be a little exciting don't ye????