PDA

View Full Version : Weekender & Website interviews with Rob

SligoBrewer
06/03/2007, 10:39 PM
http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story.asp?j=32048&cat=sport

I don't know about this... he deserved a contract in my eyes. The guy breathed football and yet the club annoyed him so much that he leaves? Why?

red_away
07/03/2007, 7:30 AM
Its ez to talk - i cant say whether he was good ro bad - but it will be interesting to hear the MCs cide of things - such as why did RMD not have a contract and was money the stumbling point with Strong?

One point i am a bit sceptical of is the criticism of McT - he may have gotten "only" 8 goals last season but he is definitely better than having no striker!

akearins
07/03/2007, 9:42 AM
Read weekender interview just this morning apart from all the obvious stuff how players are getting on , tactics etc...a lot about having no contract, wasn't too complimentary about the pitch which we all know is terrible to play attractive football on and the fatc that it seems he wasnt allowed sign players, Strong and some American guy.Seems he thought they were good enough but management overruled him.

Now we all agree that the contract issue is hard to get around but the club MUST come out and explain as to why they employed a amanger and employee of Sligo Rovers and never offered him a contract, or give their side of the debate, maybe Rob was happy to work without a contract and it was these other issue which drove him to resignation.We deserve to know.Thats not too much to ask

More serious is (if true) if he was refused permision to sign players.Remember he was hired by the club officers as the footballing expert who could better the job Sean did yet when he deicided a player was good for us it seems the same offiecrs took the ridiculous decision of overruling him.On whos say?
It may be ok to play football manager on the playstation or fanatsy football on line but this is a REAL soccer team and this cannot be tolerated.

In todays Star newspaper M.Toolan states that a major problem was the fact that Rob was discussing the contarct issue in the press when he shouldn't have been, so this may be why he wasnt given a contract.

Is this what we are too expect now the FAI has taken over the LOI(look at Derry being fined €5000 for giving opinions on the FAI which they didnt like, did the club know that they could get away with this without any backlash from their bosses in merrion square)step out of lien or don't do what your told and we'll show ya...

Sorry but isnt that censorship, what happened to freedom of speach the man deserved respect as any employee as a persona nd an employee of Sligo Rovers F.C .I doubt very much if anyone either on the MC or on this forum would work without a contract.So why should a football manager be different.

Problem now may be that we will not attract the high quality candidate which such bad press nationally and the club has done very little to counteract Robs version of events. So all we have to go by is what we read until we get both sides of the story

So please let us know your version of event MC. Is it true Rob was refused permision to sign players, was the money available to him or not, was his contract just ready to sign, was there any intenetion of ever giving him a contract, did he agree to work wothout a contract, what happened that it went to this, are ye glad to se him gone, what efforts if any was there to get him back, what are the players reaction...etc. etc..

Just let us know sooner rather than later for the good of the club or you will get or you will see the response from disillusioned fans when they do not turn up at the Derry match....

gustavo
07/03/2007, 10:19 AM
An interview with Rob taken after his last match in charge.

http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=276&Itemid=88

sligo1
07/03/2007, 10:26 AM
Alan,
I thought that there were members of the Management Committee members of theTrust and that one of your officers was elected to the committee at the last AGM.
Would he not be the best person to ask what's going on in our club?

akearins
07/03/2007, 10:44 AM
Can do , as before if the trust can help fans in any way i.e. posing questions to the club we will.

All this happned so quick and only hit the press yesterday officially so need a bit of time to get things together.

Hopefully the club will release further details on the matter soon which will help clarify and put supporters minds at ease.Finger crossed

Anyone with queries can they PM me or send queries to info@thebitored.org and we'll do our best to get some feedback from the club.

sligo1
07/03/2007, 10:52 AM
Good Luck with that Alan.
Rumour has it that Rob is looking for compensation-that should be interesting.

akearins
07/03/2007, 10:57 AM
Wouldnt imagine it would be easy if he never hada contract....Rob Who never heard of him..lets hope it doesnt get messy

Rovers1
07/03/2007, 11:49 AM
Rumour has it that Rob is looking for compensation-that should be interesting.

whos Rob? :D

if he didnt have a contract then he has no entitlement to compensation!

feo123
07/03/2007, 9:23 PM
i heard he was very much liked by all the players! so dont come to any comclusions just yet