PDA

View Full Version : Derry city chat

headtheball
06/03/2007, 6:43 AM
Is it down on purpose due to the fine from FAI for the article on the official site?

dcfc_1928
06/03/2007, 7:10 AM
Why would you say that?

:rolleyes:

headtheball
06/03/2007, 7:16 AM
Why would you say that?

:rolleyes:

Can't understand why it has been down since early afternoon yesterday, as it has never been down that long before.

Then this fine comes into the public eye this morning, with Derry getting their legal team involved. Was the forum taken offline to protect the legal defence?

dcfc_1928
06/03/2007, 7:29 AM
Why would the forum - which isn't actually involved in any of this - be taken offline, when the blog article itself is still online?

http://www.derrycityweb.net/index.php?blog=2&title=well_here_s_another_fine_mess_you_ve_got&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Having a fair amount of inside knowledge on this, I can assure you that no website was asked to be taken offline because of the involvement of the club solicitor.

dcfc_1928
06/03/2007, 7:39 AM
Where does it appear on the official website?

Tell me the URL on derrycityfc.net that it appears?

Therefore it has been removed from the website!

headtheball
06/03/2007, 7:50 AM
Where does it appear on the official website?

Tell me the URL on derrycityfc.net that it appears?

Therefore it has been removed from the website!

You are correct. Not on official URL so i am mistaken. Article has been removed from the official site. Derry City FC cannot be responsilbe for any content outside official site, so this issue of a fine is a complete joke.

dcfc_1928
06/03/2007, 7:56 AM
What did Des say on the radio this morning anyway?

:)

headtheball
06/03/2007, 8:04 AM
What did Des say on the radio this morning anyway?

:)

More or less that what was contained in the article cannot really be argued against. The club had it removed early Feb, and he was dealing with Fran Gavin in private regarding the issue, then outta the blue on Friday they got this official fine from the FAI.

He says the club will fight it as they don't believe it to be fair.

dcfc_1928
06/03/2007, 8:12 AM
Aye it was removed immediately on the 13th/14th Feb.

Yet still, over 2 weeks after it was removed, they are issued with a €1000 fine for every day it remains on the site.

What next? Will clubs get fined for things written on foot.ie?

headtheball
06/03/2007, 8:21 AM
Aye it was removed immediately on the 13th/14th Feb.

Yet still, over 2 weeks after it was removed, they are issued with a €1000 fine for every day it remains on the site.

What next? Will clubs get fined for things written on foot.ie?

Every club in the country would be bankrupt in fines if that was case. I hope common sense prevails here as the FAI will be open themselves to ridicule when they have enuff heat on them already with the international team.

The press love stories like this, and it will be FAI who'll get the sting. This issue should have stayed private without creating a story that is in every national paper today, about a nothing article.