PDA

View Full Version : Club in absolute crisis, where is your pride?

lims fan
02/01/2003, 7:43 AM
Get real Limerick fans. This talk about the ideal Limerick lineup is a load of ****. These players don't even merit the effort of tapping their name on your keyboard.
Get O'Connor out now, get his crap players out.
One reason that clubs like Shamrock Rovers are still at the top of the game in the country is that they have a hardcore who will never let the club stoop below a certain standard. Its nothing to do with money.
This passion does not exist at Jackman Park with fans just going along to games hoping against hope and they never complain, never protest and never call for any improvements to be made.
This club is dying rapidly. There is a cancer in the club so visible that the "fans" have see no alternative but to ignore it.
The old hat of "we have no money" doesn't wash any more.
Limerick has the same currency as other Irish cities and money is there to be got if the club wants it. if I sat on my ass every day I would have no money but I have to go out and get it.
Why don't fans say it straight out am I right or wrong. Please no drivel about "I agree with what some of what you say" etc.
Either you agree or you don't. Have a full on opinion one way or another.
By the way anybody who thinks that Limerick FC have a problem with me can think again as chairman Mike O'Sullivan warmly greeted me on Sunday. Maybe he respects my passion and commitment to the club as he is a football man and can understand my anger at the club.
The problem is that O'Connor is a stubborn individual who will never leave the club unless the fans demand it and he is exploiting the good nature of O'Sullivan by not stepping down.
Do the decent thing you mule.
For all of you who call me a coward, I personally confronted Noel O'Connor on Sunday and complained about "the disgraceful performance in the first half" I did not shout or swear.
He retorted "**** Off"
I then told him "it was time to go Noel", "Your time is up"
How dare that ignoramous tell me to **** off. For all he knows I could have been LFC in exile or someone else.
Nobody will ever call me a coward on any message board and if they do can they at least have the guts to identify themselves as I am not petty enough to trace their IP.
Limerick 'till I die. We want players who will pump blood for the jersey and our fans deserve more. You deserve better.

Fr. Joe
02/01/2003, 12:22 PM
Lims Fan you are a legend in my eyes. You care so much for soccer in this wonderful Treaty city of ours and it's a pity there isn't more like you out there. We call ourselves the Sporting Capital of Ireland and our soccer team is a disgrace, it kills me to say that but it is the truth. Long gone are the days when players would die for the Blues now we have to go to probably the worst sports venue on the Emerald isle and watch a bunch of layabout students go through the motions and there's Mr. O'Connor then on the sideline who hasn't a clue what the fcuk is going on, he only picks them players because he can't command the respect of the more senior players in the city. Its sad in fact its sick.

deise deserter
02/01/2003, 3:02 PM
Mark, I agree with some of what you are saying but i think you are seriously out of line with a couple of your comments.

"This passion does not exist at Jackman Park with fans just going along to games hoping against hope and they never complain, never protest and never call for any improvements to be made."

Actually Mark there was a Fans Forum in which a number of "fans" (your inverted commas) went not to complain but to point out where we need to improve and to try and work with the club to bring up standards. For someone so zealous to make changes as you I was very surprised you didn't show.

There is another follow-up meeting planned for sometime in January where hopefully the fans and club will try to get some of the ideas and initiatives mentioned off the ground. As you say the club needs to go out and to get money - help them do it. I really think you would do better to put your energy into ways to help the club rather than whinge on the internet. You obviously feel strongly about this and if you put as much effort into the upcoming meeting as you do with your internet posts we'll be top of the premiers in a couple of years. Looking forward to seeing you at the meeting!

Monkfish
02/08/2011, 4:23 PM
Its a farce! everyone out!!!!

nosebleds
02/08/2011, 9:57 PM
Thats 1 hell of a post,but very interesting Hmmm.