PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Chairman

McSligo
05/03/2007, 11:58 AM
The least you would expect is an official statement from the Club, but we all know when it comes to PR, our Chairman and board are in a league of their own, Professional FC lead by amateures.
Mr. Chairman: Let the supporters know what is going on with OUR CLUB, time for a bit of transparency, openness and honesty,
If you are not up to delivering that, then move aside and give the job to someone with a pair of balls!!

Only1Rovers
05/03/2007, 12:01 PM
Amen.

red metal
05/03/2007, 12:04 PM
Spot on mcsligo!:mad: :mad:

GloryNights
05/03/2007, 12:05 PM
The least you would expect is an official statement from the Club, but we all know when it comes to PR, our Chairman and board are in a league of their own, Professional FC lead by amateures.
Mr. Chairman: Let the supporters know what is going on with OUR CLUB, time for a bit of transparency, openness and honesty,
If you are not up to delivering that, then move aside and give the job to someone with a pair of balls!!

With you 100% on that.

Rory H
05/03/2007, 12:20 PM
taken from bitoredxp

Anyone hear that guy going around in a van advertising the circus on the bundoran road?I think he got the address wrong because its a little closer to town than that.Its due to leave on March 11th so i guess it is a different circus....so who is the ringmaster at the other circus in this town

Cast your mind back to the time Sean Connor left Sligo Rovers.The club having their best time on the field in over a decade and a manager who regardless of how much he was hated really was doing a good job.So of course news of the budget being decreased wasn't exactly taken well.He went off to Bohs and took our good players while we,turning down Ski Mc Gee who would have been a manager who actually cared about Sligo Rovers and knew about the league, appointed Rob Mc Donald.He knew nothing of our league and we knew nothing of him

So we did the obvious thing on a reduced budget ...went totally full time and got rid of our passionate players who cared about the club. Our Chairman defended the policy vigourously until the manager realized he couldnt find a Estonian full time holding midfielder that was better than O' Grady and brought back the player he disposed of. That was a crucial part in all this mess. Proof the people in charge at the Showgrounds know nothing and do not know what is best for this club

We watched the likes of Kevin Julian[a replacement for Liam Burns??] and in 4 pre season games fans,committee members and really anyone connected with Sligo Rovers paniced because we realized just how screwed we were. I say "were", then we find out our manager has left.Of course he has. I can't blame him...he underestimated the quality of our league and the incompetence of his employers. Who blames Sean Connor for walking out on a GAA head to go manage a well run club,right now i do not!

It would be easy to list 25 things the people in charge of our club are at fault for, they were rightly praised at the agm for their good work and the lower the debt goes the better for the club. But now it is time for a change. A new committee must be formed as i hope the inevitable agm will take place in the coming weeks. They cannot get away with this.They appointed him so they must pay the price. Mc Donald was a different person to the excited manager unveiled 4 months ago,he had lost something!He was disillusioned without going into detail . He talked about future signings just like Sean Connor did 5 months ago..and resigned 24 hours later.

How can a club break a man with such passion for football in 15 weeks?That has to be the question.

gustavo
05/03/2007, 12:25 PM
Sean Connor didnt know anything about Sligo Rovers before he joined either. Its a shame he has gone because he didnt get a chance to bring his ideas to the club. All any manager needs is to be judged on his results and its just sad that Rob didnt get a chance to prove his worth at this level for whatever reasons which will hopefully be made public

neutrino
05/03/2007, 12:48 PM
this is utterly shambolic !!! So, the club have simply decided not to compete this year ? I heard before that some people in the club didnt actually want Premier football becuase it was too much work. I refused to believe it, but now it's seems that theory is transpiring in front of our eyes.

The MC has done well to date improving finances and infrastructure in the ground, and now they seem ok with undoing all their own good work. But they have always been a PR disaster. They think they own the club and interfer with the manager about things that dont concern them. Our previous manager endured quite a bit during his time and I was not surprised to see him go. The structure of the club is supposed to protect it but it's been derived through the years to ensure certain people are maintained in it's ranks.

Throughout the years they've alienated & ignored supporters, players, former players, managers and sponsors - so is this all coming back to haunt us now. I never thought it would fall apart like this but maybe i'm wrong to be surprised in light of all that's happened throughout the years.

Rob arrived with all the credentials but his threshold for the MC interfernce's must have been low. We all thought he was underestimating the job but it's apparent no support was coming from the MC.

Does anyone know why fergal keavney left ? is there actually a finance problem that hasnt shown up. Someone surely has to know something. Was looking forward to returning to seeing rovers again - but in the Prem Division !!

The MC just seem to have given up. The dawn that heralded promotion and what looked like a new era has been false. The great supporters of this great club need to mobilise and take matters in their own hands. I dont know what can be done but maybe fans could at least force a statement from the club ? maybe the sligo supporters clubs or the supporters trust can get into dialog and let us the fans (owners & custodians of Sligo Rovers FC).

This does really some it all up as WR posted

How can a club break a man with such passion for football in 15 weeks?

Well they've broken the spirit of alot of people throughout the years. If we dont stay in the Prem - we're doomed to another 6 (at least) years in the wilderness.

Alot of people have walked out the rovers exit door and not returned. But it will be the good decent fans of rovers who reap what the MC have sewn.

Time for an EGM now !! I believe just a couple of shareholders can call such a thing ?

Sorry for the rant - but this is our club - and it seems to be going down the river right in front of us !

The Sligo Champion or Weekender should get onto Rob and see what's actually happened.

Tir Oilean
05/03/2007, 1:00 PM
Sorry for your troubles lads. Its a ****ty feeling especially so close to the start of the season. No club it seems is exempt from the crisis all fans fear. The crisis that can see a club to its grave. But im sure ye can find the backing to turn it around and we know ye have the passion for it. So dont go chairman bashing just yet organise a replacement committee then bring it to the present guys and get them to move aside (if thats what ye feel the club needs). Its a bit like your floodlight situation dont get rid of them before you have the new ones lined up!

SligoBrewer
05/03/2007, 1:19 PM
can a complete clearout of the comittee members take place and new elections be held?

GloryNights
05/03/2007, 1:29 PM
can a complete clearout of the comittee members take place and new elections be held?

I for one am hoping so, this situation has gone way too far in my opinion. I think Tir Oilean is right, we should have people willing to step up to the mantle before pressure is put on the board to resign as to have them resign without any replacements lined up would be a complete disaster. Is there any possibility of some kind of protest that might bring closure to the situation??

SligoBrewer
05/03/2007, 1:31 PM
I for one am hoping so, this situation has gone way too far in my opinion. Is there any possibility of some kind of protest even which might force them to resign their positions??

we do need to show them we are not happy..

their are some good people in the mc.. but its the bad ones i want out

red_away
05/03/2007, 2:52 PM
I see some forum members are now seeing connor in a different light - he was what he was - good for purpose and the time was right for him to go albeit not with all our team!

The club will go on but all this conjecture is going round in circles - we will have to wait for the MC statement.

The issue now is to make the correct appointment and not the first available candidate and with regard to the MC a bit of transparency is well overdue!!!!!

SligoBrewer
05/03/2007, 4:15 PM
I see some forum members are now seeing connor in a different light !

me for one...

feo123
05/03/2007, 4:47 PM
i wouldnt call them bad people, they probably mean good at heart but just IMO they are nieve and amateurish and just lackin basic skills to run a football club!

A face
05/03/2007, 6:34 PM
Ski McGee .... Where is he now ??

gustavo
05/03/2007, 6:34 PM
managing Limerick 37.

betty swollox
05/03/2007, 6:55 PM
Of course the mc are ameturish, you have to be paid to be professional. Protest? remember the last one in the blue stand, fair play to the lads who tried,their heart was firmly in the right place but if anything it wouldve given don a feeling of relief. For weeks before people here (or maybe it was the old forum)were mouthin off about what a great idea it was and how they'd support it, when push came to shove,did they ****! Its one thing commenting on everything in the showgrounds from the floodlights to foyzers weight but thats not helping the club, Actions speak louder than words and with the exception of a handful of people on here thats all you get from keyboard warriors, empty words. when it comes to actually doing something i.e. protesting, helping out on a saturday morning, participating in the trust etc.. most are happy enough to hide behind their psuedonyms and bitch about why it didnt work out.Its all very well and good saying mc out but who heres actually gonna commit to it, who'll realisticly take their place?
i'd also like to say fair play to anyone who volunteers for sligo rovers in any capacity. You are the people most important to this club. 15 minutes of your time is more helpfull than someone who spends 10 hours a day on foot.ie discussing the merits of allowing people go to the shop across the road at half time

DonalE
05/03/2007, 7:01 PM
Of course the mc are ameturish, you have to be paid to be professional. Protest? remember the last one in the blue stand, fair play to the lads who tried,their heart was firmly in the right place but if anything it wouldve given don a feeling of relief. For weeks before people here (or maybe it was the old forum)were mouthin off about what a great idea it was and how they'd support it, when push came to shove,did they ****! Its one thing commenting on everything in the showgrounds from the floodlights to foyzers weight but thats not helping the club, Actions speak louder than words and with the exception of a handful of people on here thats all you get from keyboard warriors, empty words. when it comes to actually doing something i.e. protesting, helping out on a saturday morning, participating in the trust etc.. most are happy enough to hide behind their psuedonyms and bitch about why it didnt work out.Its all very well and good saying mc out but who heres actually gonna commit to it, who'll realisticly take their place?
i'd also like to say fair play to anyone who volunteers for sligo rovers in any capacity. You are the people most important to this club. 15 minutes of your time is more helpfull than someone who spends 10 hours a day on foot.ie discussing the merits of allowing people go to the shop across the road at half time

Behind you 100% there, this place is full of keyboard warriors who can talk the talk all day long with their username but where are they when their club needs them? Very few can walk the walk.

SligoBrewer
05/03/2007, 7:03 PM

agree 100% with that betty..

A face
05/03/2007, 7:04 PM
Of course the mc are ameturish, you have to be paid to be professional. Protest? remember the last one in the blue stand, fair play to the lads who tried,their heart was firmly in the right place but if anything it wouldve given don a feeling of relief. For weeks before people here (or maybe it was the old forum)were mouthin off about what a great idea it was and how they'd support it, when push came to shove,did they ****!

Its one thing commenting on everything in the showgrounds from the floodlights to foyzers weight but thats not helping the club, Actions speak louder than words and with the exception of a handful of people on here thats all you get from keyboard warriors, empty words. when it comes to actually doing something i.e. protesting, helping out on a saturday morning, participating in the trust etc.. most are happy enough to hide behind their psuedonyms and bitch about why it didnt work out.Its all very well and good saying mc out but who heres actually gonna commit to it, who'll realisticly take their place?

Agreed with that fully. What you have here now is a test of their metal. All Rovers fans have a choice right now, to go against the grain and hamper the situation OR to step up to the plate and look at pitching in and helping out when it is most needed.

Football would be boring if stuff like this didn't happen. Its all very well to point the finger now and what is needed is people to row in behind in a united effort to help improve the situation.

Fans have the opportunity to be pro-active and get stuck in. Change the attitude and make a difference, your club will be better for it.

SligoBrewer
05/03/2007, 7:07 PM
i want another meeting that similar to the one held at the radisson earlier in the season..