PDA

View Full Version : A request please

gael353
05/03/2007, 12:46 AM
Right lads being all music buffs as well as football heads i have to ask ye what music we should use at the ground. You know things like when the team come out, an anthem or anything have your say now. For me id go for the start of the stone roses "i wanna be adored" for the teams comming out and when we're all heading off home a mix and last segment of Underworlds "born slippy". Thats my view now have yours. When we get a few then maybe SLK can put up a poll.

don ramo
05/03/2007, 12:50 AM
you could mock everyone who come and play the CSI LV theme tune "who are you" but a bit heavier:D

jebus
05/03/2007, 1:01 AM
Outside of having to play God Save the Queen when Cobh visit I'm not too sure. I Wanna Be Adored sounds good, but Born Slippy has dated a bit. How about Dire Straits Walk of Life, good song and it would bring back memories of watching goal of the month on Match of the Day :)

osarusan
05/03/2007, 1:02 AM
How about the Champions League music................instantly recognisable and associated with football?

don ramo
05/03/2007, 2:43 AM
Outside of having to play God Save the Queen when Cobh visit I'm not too sure. I Wanna Be Adored sounds good, but Born Slippy has dated a bit. How about Dire Straits Walk of Life, good song and it would bring back memories of watching goal of the month on Match of the Day :)

says the man with king james castle on his jersey,:eek:

oxide and neutrino bound 4 ta reload, some nice gun fire there:D

Lim till i die
05/03/2007, 7:53 AM
Right lads being all music buffs as well as football heads i have to ask ye what music we should use at the ground. You know things like when the team come out, an anthem or anything have your say now. For me id go for the start of the stone roses "i wanna be adored" for the teams comming out and when we're all heading off home a mix and last segment of Underworlds "born slippy". Thats my view now have yours. When we get a few then maybe SLK can put up a poll.

Adored for the entrance but that's it, NO MORE

Other acceptable entrance themes would be "This is The One" or for comedic value "To Win Just Once" by the Sawdoctors

Can you imagine how hilarious it would be slowly walking out onto Careys Road with Born Slippy on?! No Tah :o :D

Roadend
05/03/2007, 8:37 AM
Since King John's castle is on the crest, you'll have to go with King - Love and Pride.

Monkfish
05/03/2007, 9:06 AM
The Birdie Song! :)

Breska Rover
05/03/2007, 10:04 AM
Maddness, One Step Beyond. Seen it on Soccer am recently where Walsall fans sang it themselves in the crowd, the place went mad! Great song that everyone knows and would get the crowd going. Also welcome to the house of fun another cracker or we could just go with the third verse of Ole Ole Ole!

jebus
05/03/2007, 10:31 AM
The Birdie Song! :)

You can't take the Shed's party piece like that! :)

On another music note gael, try and see if you can make sure that no music is played after a goal, noticed this being tried out in lower league English games and it sounds desperate, just another attempt to drown out fans voices

Monkfish
05/03/2007, 11:10 AM
Im all for a roses entrace, and what about the house that jack built by Metallica? or i predict a riot by the kaiser chiefs? i also have to agree that there should be no music after a goal.

young boy
05/03/2007, 11:33 AM
paradise city by the Guns and Roses....

thelimerick
05/03/2007, 12:21 PM
I'm all for the "birdie song" for when we're winning and "is this the way to amarillo" throughout!!, we can sing the alternative lyrics ourselves...
Seriously though can you imagine how funny it would be if the birdie song came on as the teams came out:D I'd still find it funny at the end of the season, but then again I'm very silly

Ash
05/03/2007, 12:26 PM
When they're running out you could play the Benny Hill tune and have
the players running around the pitch and chasing each other around
the corner flag :)

Oh, have the signings of Paugie Moran and Anthony Hayse been confirmed?

Lionel Ritchie
05/03/2007, 1:22 PM
Ennio Moricones 'Ecstacy of Gold' has served Metallica well for 25 years.

You can hear it here ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2OlD1pohPU

Sounds like threatening, ominous sh1t ...and we'd all have great craic trying to sing along with the operetic parts.:D

Big Ears
05/03/2007, 5:05 PM
'I wanna be adored' is perfect for the team to come out to , and it's best that no music be played after as goal .

Needtoknow
05/03/2007, 5:36 PM
'I wanna be adored' is perfect for the team to come out to , and it's best that no music be played after as goal .

Agreed.

What about a blast of Irish & use the Chorus from

GRÁINNE MHAOL

Óró sé do bheatha 'bhaile (oh welcome home)
Óró sé do bheatha 'bhaile
Óró sé do bheatha 'bhaile
'Nois ar theacht an tsamhraidh. (Now that the summer is coming)

If enough sang it repeatedly faster & faster it would be savage!:D

Needtoknow
05/03/2007, 5:41 PM
Sean South for the road home.:D

don ramo
05/03/2007, 6:24 PM
wolfe tones celtic symphoney

ramsfan
05/03/2007, 9:05 PM
what about the whore dancing among the nettles by pa connors

ramsfan
05/03/2007, 9:07 PM
or the theme tune to blade or an even better song what about the song with the line "we got to get out of this place if its the last thing we ever do"

Monkfish
05/03/2007, 9:10 PM
We were keeping that one for Cobh til the match got changed!

LFC in Exile
06/03/2007, 7:53 AM

After goals? You haven't been at many matches alright. :)