PDA

View Full Version : If Man City and Charlton got relegated...

B1977
04/03/2007, 10:10 AM
Dunne and Ireland would be bought by other clubs in the premiership similar to man city

bellavistaman
04/03/2007, 11:46 AM
Dunne and Ireland would be bought by other clubs in the premiership similar to man city

definitly, i reckon somebody like wigan could snap andy reid up.

bellavistaman
04/03/2007, 12:41 PM
he wouldn't cost too much i'd say. i think this thread is all Irrelevant because i don't see Man City geting relegated, but it would be interesting to see if the irish players would be targets for premiership clubs.

eirebhoy
04/03/2007, 12:43 PM
I can't see Man City being relegated but if A.Reid had avoided injuries he'd have surely been signed by a premierhip club. Now I think he'll be a championship player next season.

pete
04/03/2007, 1:10 PM
Only Richard Dunne would attract attention from Premiership sides. The rest are either unproven or too old.

carloz
04/03/2007, 2:41 PM
People seem to have a very high opinion of Ireland. For me he has done little to justify this. He has become a first eamer in the last couple of months for City but during thoses two months they have slumped a lot.

republicofwhite
04/03/2007, 4:42 PM
If Charlton go down I reckon Randolph will establish himself as No.1 pretty quickly. Sure Carson will be on his way anyway so its inevitable that he'll fill the gloves. He was very highly rated by Les Reed(who knew his stuff apparently) A lad I know who played all underage all the way up was telling me he's absolutely brilliant as well, which may explain why he was the pick of the bunch called up for the San Marino squad.

Lionel Ritchie
04/03/2007, 6:13 PM
Strongly reckon the current bottom three will go. City just have to match Charltons results and they're fine.

Fergie's Son
04/03/2007, 6:34 PM
Ireland really hasn't impressed that much but then he is still very young. Other than Dunne I can't see any Premiership team buying any of the above mentioned players.

Torn-Ado
05/03/2007, 1:13 AM
Man city will not go down. They have too much quality compared to the others in pursuit. If Charlton go down, I cannot see Reid getting back into the premiership. I don't rate him highly at all. He doesn't even have the fitness of a premiership player. He was a gamble by Spurs and it didn't pay off.

as_i_say
05/03/2007, 5:37 PM
holland will never play for us again anyway. shame reid is injured. himself and steve elliott seem to be going down the keith o neill path...

pete
05/03/2007, 5:54 PM
holland will never play for us again anyway. shame reid is injured. himself and steve elliott seem to be going down the keith o neill path...

There are many talented players (i don't include Reid for this argument) with muscle injuries who will never get an extended fit period. I said it here before that Elliot will always be crocked but was shot down.

dr_peepee
06/03/2007, 10:26 AM
Happened when Duff went down with Blackburn. Worked out in the long run and I know he was young at the time, but very few people outside Ireland and I'll assume Blackburn made any noises about such a talent in the Championship...

Traps Cat
06/03/2007, 1:48 PM
Cant see city going down - and dont think its likely dunne would move if they did

John83
06/03/2007, 4:40 PM
Happened when Duff went down with Blackburn. Worked out in the long run and I know he was young at the time, but very few people outside Ireland and I'll assume Blackburn made any noises about such a talent in the Championship...
I'd expect Steven Ireland to go down a similar road if City are relegated. Dunne would attract a bid from someone, I'm sure.

bellavistaman
07/03/2007, 9:50 PM
I'd expect Steven Ireland to go down a similar road if City are relegated. Dunne would attract a bid from someone, I'm sure.

agreed.

paul_oshea
12/03/2007, 3:26 PM
i reckon reid could be bought by sunderland, especially if htey get promoted and charlton go down, which one of htem is quite likely. i wonder what odds you would have got for charlton to go down and sunderland to go up at the begining of the season!

danonion
12/03/2007, 5:32 PM
You're delusional if you think Holland wouldn't be snapped up by the newly promoted teams - he's in great form and he's a free agent.

tricky_colour
15/03/2007, 1:22 AM
Dunne had a great game against Chelsea he is way to good for the championship. I would not be surprised if Mourinho snapped him up to honest. Was top rated City player on Sky (both categories) and BBC. Higher than most of the Chelsea players despite being on the losing side.

shakermaker1982
15/03/2007, 7:10 AM
He had a very good game - nice tug of the shirt as well. Ireland gave the ball away too often for my liking but set up Barton nicely late on who should have hit the target.

Man City are in trouble. Their defence is pretty good on the whole but with no threat from their forwards I can see the relegation battle going right to the wire if they are not careful.

eirebhoy
15/03/2007, 8:44 AM
Dunne had a great game against Chelsea he is way to good for the championship. I would not be surprised if Mourinho snapped him up to honest. Was top rated City player on Sky (both categories) and BBC. Higher than most of the Chelsea players despite being on the losing side.
Yeah, I noticed he got the 3 bonus points again in the premier league fantasy football. There's something about Dunne that people still see him as a player likely to make a mistake at any moment. I think he'd be well capable of playing for one of the top teams.

tetsujin1979
15/03/2007, 9:27 AM
Dunne has 61% of the voting for MOTM on the Manchester Evening News site: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/
Thought he was a rock last night, even getting forward and making chances for himself

John83
15/03/2007, 1:48 PM
He's putting his performances where his mouth is, for sure.

bellavistaman
16/03/2007, 10:11 AM
all the english fans are singin stephen irelands praise but nobody on these forums are positive about him??