03/03/2007, 9:34 PM
Arcaba
Peers, McKenzie, Vasas, Kelly
Cretaro,Turner, Curran O'Grady, Kudozovic
Hughes

Agreed about Curran

DonalE
03/03/2007, 9:36 PM
Richard Brush is out for 4 to 6 weeks and Choice Aisien is suspended for one game.

gustavo
03/03/2007, 9:40 PM
Good point Jamesie sorry i forgot that!

sligoman
03/03/2007, 9:43 PM
Arcaba,
Coleman, Peers, Vasas, Foy
Turner, Curran, O'Grady, Kudozovic
Cretaro, Hughes

feo123
03/03/2007, 10:57 PM
arcaba
peers, vasas, mc kenzie, foy
hughes,ogrady,turner,kudozovic
curran
Creatro

in fairness, curran on paper is one of our better players now? beetr than alot of people think aswell!!

neutrino
04/03/2007, 1:27 PM
hope i'm wrong but cannot see us taking anything from galway whatever team plays. seems to be alot of unrest and who knows if thats affected the squad.what pre-season did rovers have ? playing the likes of swinford ? galway will be like us last year, on the up, and will be buzzing for a win. we're in severe danger of falling into shadows again.

feo123
04/03/2007, 2:02 PM
i think galway maybe the surprise package of this year...just like us last season.....just get a feeling they'll get around 5th!?

Red&White Rover
04/03/2007, 6:37 PM
i think galway maybe the surprise package of this year...just like us last season.....just get a feeling they'll get around 5th!?

doubtful...couldnt make it out of the league last year on the pitch and havent strenghtened by that much...

sligoman
04/03/2007, 6:55 PM
doubtful...couldnt make it out of the league last year on the pitch and havent strenghtened by that much...Agree. Galway lads are too cocky for their own good. Unaware of what a huge step up it actually is.

Plus any team that values Derek O'Brien in their starting 11 has got to be dodgy:D.

feo123
04/03/2007, 7:01 PM
o'flynn IMO might be a decent buy!

Conor H
04/03/2007, 7:09 PM
doubtful...couldnt make it out of the league last year on the pitch and havent strenghtened by that much...
True.But it's not as if we were a million miles off promotion.We finished 3 points off a team we beat twice,comfortably.
Also:
O Flynn
Lester
Noortimer
Rogers
Armstrong
Treacy

To name a few.We have a stronger squad than ye do.

Agree. Galway lads are too cocky for their own good. Unaware of what a huge step up it actually is.

Plus any team that values Derek O'Brien in their starting 11 has got to be dodgy:D.

When was the last time you saw him play Sligoman?Probably 2 years ago so your post is,as per usual,rubbish.he got in the team of the year last year and has improved greatly since Cousins came in.No doubt he used to be poor enough but he certainly has come on leaps and bounds.

I can't see us coming 5th but 6th or 7th isn't beyond the realms of possibilty.Naturally sustaining our place in the league is our priority but i think we are capable of finishing,at least,above Longford,Bray,Waterford.I also think we're just as good if not better than yereselves,UCD and Rovers.

feo123
04/03/2007, 7:12 PM
he certainly has come on leaps and bounds

the c**t better not leap onto the ground against us like he did in terryland before!

Conor H
04/03/2007, 7:19 PM
the c**t better not leap onto the ground against us like he did in terryland before!

After all the abuse he got!

No he'll run over to Section A!:cool:

Red&White Rover
04/03/2007, 7:20 PM
True.But it's not as if we were a million miles off promotion.We finished 3 points off a team we beat twice,comfortably.
fact is ye still finished behind them and got here by default though...
;)

Conor H
04/03/2007, 7:23 PM
Invited to particiapte in the new FAI League of Ireland after matching the Criteria over various categories.

In our last year of the Eircom League we finished 3rd in the 1st Divison yes.This league is a seperate entity.

sligoman
04/03/2007, 7:26 PM
This league is a seperate entity.On paper, but really theirs no difference.

Conor H
04/03/2007, 7:38 PM
On paper, but really theirs no difference.

Limerick 37
Wexford Youths
Shels in the 1st
Waterford in the Premier(still)

-Record Prize Money
-Promotions Officers
-FAI have Control
-Noel Mooney's Appointment
-50 live TV Games

Bit of a difference really.

sligoman
04/03/2007, 7:40 PM
Limerick 37
Wexford Youths
Shels in the 1st
Waterford in the Premier(still)

-Record Prize Money
-Promotions Officers
-FAI have Control
-Noel Mooney's Appointment
-50 live TV Games

Bit of a difference really.You can call Limerick a new club if you want but it's basically just like Limerick FC. Wexford would have been in the "old EL" too as Dublin City needed to be replaced. Shels were rightly punished and Waterford just benefited from that.

DonalE
04/03/2007, 8:19 PM
After all the abuse he got!

No he'll run over to Section A!:cool:

What Feo meant was that O'Brien took a dive and won a penalty.

Red4Eva
04/03/2007, 9:53 PM
Rogers
James
Noitmeer
Charles
Reilly
Cooke
Foley
Lester
O'Brien
O'Flynn
Murphy

that was galway's team v athlone last night and probably be what we're up against. that's a 1st division team with a particularly poor midfield IMO. turner should be running the show against a team like that. if our makeshift front 3 works i think we'll win 2-0 but i have a sneaky feelin it's gonna be a 3-3

feo123
04/03/2007, 9:59 PM
What Feo meant was that O'Brien took a dive and won a penalty.

exactly

Tir Oilean
05/03/2007, 7:53 AM
Rogers
James
Noitmeer
Charles
Reilly
Cooke
Foley
Lester
O'Brien
O'Flynn
Murphy

that was galway's team v athlone last night and probably be what we're up against. that's a 1st division team with a particularly poor midfield IMO.

Granted it's your opinion but do you not think that 6 players who have played top flight plus some of the strongest first Division players should be treated with a little bit more respect?

Lim till i die
05/03/2007, 9:08 AM
Rogers
James
Noitmeer
Charles
Reilly
Cooke
Foley
Lester
O'Brien
O'Flynn
Murphy

that was galway's team v athlone last night and probably be what we're up against. that's a 1st division team with a particularly poor midfield IMO. turner should be running the show against a team like that. if our makeshift front 3 works i think we'll win 2-0 but i have a sneaky feelin it's gonna be a 3-3

Lester is a Premier player and a bloody good one at that (I hear he has lost weight :eek: )
Ciaran Foley is ridiculously poor to be playing Premier I grant you but don't tar them all with the same brush

Also, if Stephen O'Flynn clicks he'll be an excellent signing

Terry
05/03/2007, 9:11 AM
Lester is a Premier player and a bloody good one at that (I hear he has lost weight :eek: )
Ciaran Foley is ridiculously poor to be playing Premier I grant you but don't tar them all with the same brush

holy sweet mother of god !!!!! are you ok LTID !!!!!:D

P.s. Lester has lost 2 and a half stone since the start of the year, but is now around the size of Foy so still has a long way to go !!!!!!! Foley wont be starting IMO as he has Murphy to contend with.

Lim till i die
05/03/2007, 9:13 AM
holy sweet mother of god !!!!! are you ok LTID !!!!!:D

P.s. Lester has lost 2 and a half stone since the start of the year, but is now around the size of Foy so still has a long way to go !!!!!!!

I always call it how I see it ;) :p

Rory H
05/03/2007, 9:13 AM
looking at the galway side there is no doubting they are beatable

turner cretaro and faz could destroy them if they are up for it...i have doubts over two

of course the lack of a striker is worrying...gino wont be playing either so we wont have one on the bench either:mad:

Conor H
05/03/2007, 9:17 AM

:eek:

Rogers
James
Noitmeer
Charles
Reilly
Cooke
Foley
Lester
O'Brien
O'Flynn
Murphy

A 1st Division team?:rolleyes:
Red4Eva i don't understand you at all.UTD could beat Real Madrid 4-0 and you'd come back with "they were ****e,only 150 there and Madrid should have won 6-0".

I can't wait to see what you have to say after Friday if ye lose to our 1st Divison team.

Lim till i die
05/03/2007, 9:25 AM
Wes Charles, I also forgot Wes Charles

Better than anything Sligo have at the back I'll wager ;)

Da Real Rover
05/03/2007, 10:07 AM
i reckon itl b a 2-2 all draw, galway will b decent dis year nd wudnt b surprised if dey get ahead of us, but we will see what happens.

Larks
05/03/2007, 10:27 AM
galway will take the three points in an exciting game IMO. UTD to win by two

Red4Eva
05/03/2007, 2:43 PM
:eek:

A 1st Division team?:rolleyes:

possibly a bit harsh to call ye that but i don't think ye've improved much since last year(considering ye lost arguably ye're 2 best players)&ye only finished 3rd then. wesley charles&collie james couldn't get a game for bray& bray were crap last year. o'brien, foley, cookie & phillip reilly aren't good enough for premier. the one time i seen lester play last year i was very impressed. if murphy gave a sh!t he'd be quality but which murphy is it gonna be this year? o'flynn&rogers were very good signings.

Red&White Rover
05/03/2007, 7:11 PM
I can't wait to see what you have to say after Friday if ye lose to our 1st Divison team.

make sure you dont have to taste humble pie there Conor....but actually you probably wont they way we are!:rolleyes:

Red&White Rover
07/03/2007, 8:54 PM
Sean Kelly(tommys a waster)

bit harsh no?

SRFCbrothelutd
08/03/2007, 5:42 PM
Confirmed as team for Friday Night...

Arcaba
Turner, McKenzie, Peers, Foy
Kudozovic,O'Grady, Curran,McCartney,
Cretaro, Hughes,

Conor H
08/03/2007, 5:46 PM
Foy is starting....let the fun begin!:D

SligoBrewer
08/03/2007, 5:49 PM
Confirmed as team for Friday Night...

Arcaba
Turner, McKenzie, Peers, Foy
Kudozovic,O'Grady, Curran,McCartney,
Cretaro, Hughes,

nice to see foyzer back..

turner id like to see over lapping on the wing with faz coming inside to act as a link player between the midfield and the front two

feo123
08/03/2007, 7:11 PM
where did u get that?

sligoman
08/03/2007, 10:20 PM
Arcaba,
Coleman, Peers, Vasas, Foy
Turner, Curran, O'Grady, Kudozovic
Cretaro, HughesI still think this is the best 11 we have available for the Galway game.

sligoman
08/03/2007, 11:50 PM
Stephen Manson will be back in Ireland on Wednesday so he should be in contention for the Derry game next weekend.

jebus
08/03/2007, 11:57 PM
Best of luck against Galway lads, any team that can contribute to righting the wrong of last season's promotion gets my support anyway :)

And Conor, if this is a new league than why are last years suspensions being carried over?

Conor H
09/03/2007, 9:32 AM
Best of luck against Galway lads, any team that can contribute to righting the wrong of last season's promotion gets my support anyway :)

And Conor, if this is a new league than why are last years suspensions being carried over?

The rule states that you cannot play for any 3 clubs in Europe within a year.Hense the rule applies even though it's a new league.

sligoman
09/03/2007, 11:21 AM
The rule states that you cannot play for any 3 clubs in Europe within a year.Hense the rule applies even though it's a new league.That's not what he's talking about. He's on about players who were sent off or picked up penalty points on the pitch last season, why are they suspended for the first game(s)?

Conor H
09/03/2007, 11:56 AM
Oh....my mistake!

jebus
09/03/2007, 12:52 PM
Oh....my mistake!

So whats your answer to the original question?

Red&White Rover
09/03/2007, 3:18 PM
I still think this is the best 11 we have available for the Galway game.

agree with you there...

Soper
09/03/2007, 8:59 PM
Conor H, there is no way you are getting your own horoscopes column after your recent efforts.

DonalE
10/03/2007, 12:13 AM

You'll be happy to know that we sang "Dundalk, we should be playing Dundalk, we should be playing Dundalk" :p

jebus
10/03/2007, 2:56 PM
You'll be happy to know that we sang "Dundalk, we should be playing Dundalk, we should be playing Dundalk" :p

Good stuff, well done on the victory last night too, capped off a great night for the travelling Blues I can tell ya! :p