PDA

View Full Version : How long is Robbie suspended for?

UCD_4_Life
30/12/2002, 5:51 PM
I know that he's suspended tonight but will he miss Pat's and more importantly Drogheda too?

pineapple stu
31/12/2002, 7:23 PM
Three games, according to Rico on eL Weekly. So Longford, Pat's and Drogheda.

@ndy
02/01/2003, 10:33 AM
Jaysis....he's out for the bleedin season....at least we're playin well..

Schumi
02/01/2003, 2:10 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
Jaysis....he's out for the bleedin season....at least we're playin well.. He'll be back to relegate Bray and end Cork's unbeaten home record.

UCD_4_Life
03/01/2003, 11:37 PM
Robbie was only suspended for one game.

I wouldn't, however, be surprised if the FAI throw the book at Alan Cawley after his behaviour tonight. He was lucky to get away with his original offence with just a booking and you'd think that'd shut him up but instead he decides to continue on fighting and get himself sent off. I hope Doolin murders him for it.

He's cost us two points in my opinion.

UCD_4_Life
03/01/2003, 11:39 PM
Why did Alan Gallen start instead of Doyle? That was a shocking decision.

Schumi
06/01/2003, 12:58 PM
The Times said that Robbie might have problems getting back into the side after Gallen's performance against Longford but I thought thatwas someone taking the pi$$! It might have been a "No one is indispensible" message from Doolin.

@ndy
06/01/2003, 4:35 PM
So whats the craic...is he suspended or whats up? Sum1 said the rest didnt kick in til after a hearing???

pineapple stu
06/01/2003, 6:21 PM
I think it was Aberdonian Stu who said that there's an automatic one match ban for a red card for violent conduct, and then whatever the disciplinary committee decides. When we played Athlone in the play-off and Clive was sent off, he wasn't banned for the return game because the committee had finished meeting for the season, so that's the level of professionalism that they have. Cawls will be suspended for Drogheda, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Robbie suspended for another game soon and Cawley for another two or three. When that happens, God knows. Sod's Law says we get to the Cup Final and then the suspensions kick in!

Schumi
09/01/2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Cawls Do you have to keep calling him that?

Aberdonian Stu
10/01/2003, 10:23 AM
The automatic one match ban was brought in by FIFA this year for any red card offence, not just violent conduct. It's applicable in all leagues.

Éanna
10/01/2003, 3:54 PM
it was a good idea, it saves a lot of time really. there were so many appeals over anything and everything that it was really messy, for once a good call by FIFA

ccfcman
11/01/2003, 11:44 AM
christian zeige wasnt

Éanna
11/01/2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by ccfcman
christian zeige wasnt
:confused:

Aberdonian Stu
12/01/2003, 6:57 PM
Didin't the FA get in deep sjit with UEFA over that...and has anyone else noticed we're being over run by biys from Cork.