PDA

View Full Version : Play Off - How does it work ..... N/T

RedHat
30/12/2002, 1:39 PM

eoinh
30/12/2002, 2:16 PM
why... do you think you will be involved? .

second v third of the first division

second last of premier division v fourth of first division

winners meet in final => winner of that gets premier division place.

not sure if its a two legged final or a one off match.

RedHat
31/12/2002, 9:18 AM
and with our negative goal difference we need to pickup points.

DrogMan
31/12/2002, 11:01 AM
Bloody hell look at he league now, it's tighter than a camel's arse in a sandstorm!!!!

DruggyDrog
31/12/2002, 12:37 PM
We'll have to take your word on that, Drogman!

DrogMan
31/12/2002, 1:12 PM
Ya cheeky git :D

Cosmo
31/12/2002, 6:24 PM
are ye sure thats right? I thought it was 4th V 3rd in 1st division. Winner of that match plays 2nd in the 1st division. The winner of that plays 2nd last in the premier i.e. UCD!!! Anyone know for definite???

eoinh
31/12/2002, 7:07 PM
if what i remember is right. btw ye are second last at the moment.
so now it would be

drogheda v galway

and

ramblers v harps.

btw where are all ye drogs coming from?

if this rate of expansion continues there will be 1.9 million of ye on this board by january 9 according to my calculations

:D :D :D

DruggyDrog
01/01/2003, 1:41 PM
The team which finishes bottom of the ten team Premier Division will be automatically relegated. Likewise, the team which finishes top of the 12 team First Division will be promoted. Then it all starts to get interesting.

The Premier Division side which finishes ninth must then go into a two-leg semi-final play-off with the team finishing fourth in the First Division. The other semi-final will also be a two-legged affair between the sides finishing second and third in the First Division.

The eventual winners of these two ties will then meet in a nail-biting final - again over two legs - before the composition of next season's Premier and First Divisions is known.

"That was the decision of last year's League AGM in Dublin. It was a good decision and should keep interest going right up into early February. Then we swing into real summer football with the new season opening on April19," said League President Michael Hyland.