PDA

View Full Version : Meeting last Friday

RedHat
30/12/2002, 11:10 AM
I wasn't at the meeting but Mandrake was and he says that a new investor / backer / sugar-daddy has emerged.
The gentleman's name is Joe Fay - Born in Drogheda and played for us twice during the 70's.
He is now the main man with Vincent Hoey , Peter Delaney and the rest all supporting him.
Of Course being a Drogheda United meeting there was the occassional cross word and very worrying was the state
of the club. This is second hand info and from memory ( mandrake or anyone else who was there, please correct
any mistakes )

1. We could be thrown out of the league due to money issues.
2. Derry City highlighted this issue to the FAI - but did not specifically mention Drogheda United.
3. We have about 10 days 2 get the FAI on-side. FAI selected DUFC but many others are in this mess also.
4. Most feel that we get the thumbs up from the FAI - 6 man team meeting the FAI
5. Some of the previous investors were upset about getting frozen out ( and they have a point )
6. Reponse to this was "it's serious and we don't have time 2 set up committee's to decide everything, the
club has to act fast ..... ( reminds me of the Life of Brian scene ... meetings / committee's etc .)
7. I hope I picked this one up wrong but it appears that "there is no club accounts for the last X years".
8. Joe Fay and the new powers want to move from O2 Park, Mr Fay was involved with Malahide United and overseen
their setup.
9. There is support for the club in the town. (Look at the gate on Friday night)
10. The only assets the club have are the players.

So there you are - As I said I can't verify any of the above as I wasn't at the meeting - but I believe that
what I have typed above is true .... again , please anyone out there please verify / deny any point.

I take it that all this happened after "The Committee" statement was printed in the match programme.

Irish Times gave us a good review on Saturday - said Rovers' win was a smash and grab and totally against the
run of play.

Cosmo
31/12/2002, 6:50 PM
Yeah what you said about the meeting is correct. There was a great crowd there which was great to see.

However, I still left the meeting in complete confusion of whats the future holds for us. Was very disappointed that no one mentioned exactly how much finance they were going to invest into the club.

Up til the last half hour, everyone succeeded in showing a united front until someone from alan williams proposed consortium (cant remember his name) questioned the proposed 6 man committee and other stuff. The united front was no longer united at this stage - it created alot of tension in the room.

I got the feeling by the end of the meeting that there were 2 different proposed consortiums i.e. the old one and the new one involving your man fay.

What I cant understand is why these 2 consortiums cant join up - NO ONE that wants to invest money into the club should be turned away. Hopefully things are moving along in this direction.

Anyway, this 6 man committee is not the new board - theyre just a committee (which still has to be voted in by the members to represent the club before the fai meeting - there was talk of this happening on thursday at another members meeting - but havent heard anything about this since - anyone know what the craic is??) which will give the fai a plan on how theyre going to solve the problems within the club - I think this will include proposed election processses to elect the new board.

So it was a very good meeting - but I still want to see the money from these proposed investors. Also credit to vincent hoey for chairing it brilliantly. He came across as just wanting the best for the club i.e. he had no personal agenda.

Looking forward to the next meeting.

Btw, Drogman did ye check anything for scotland???