PDA

View Full Version : Longford Festival is CANCELLED

Sinéad
13/07/2001, 3:11 PM
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad (good??!!) news but the festival has been cancelled! I think there was a lot of fuss with the "Gig Rig's" location and the committee got ****ed off and cancelled it!!! So there ya go........Its off :eek:

Macy
13/07/2001, 4:08 PM
What the fu*k? I've only just been reading about the launch in the Leader!
What about the gig's up in the Slashers marque - the dj's from Blue @ the kitchen (Shay Hannon and Hugh Scully) were supposed to be on there on the Saturday? And the Walls were due to play one of the nights.
Btw how come slashers and their marque managed to get a far better line-up than the actual festival? Courtney Pine my @rse!

Stevo
13/07/2001, 4:30 PM
the festival in longford has been an absolute joke 4 the last few years so its harly surprising it has been cancelled...well done i say....rearrange it for the weekend of the 9th to celebrate the town's 4-0 victory over lovech

Macy
13/07/2001, 4:48 PM
No the problem is that the festival went/ goes on too long. Over a weekend would be plenty - like the shams festival in the mahon. Spend the money on better acts for fewer nights. It has the potential to be good.

Pauro 76
16/07/2001, 3:54 PM
Agreed, why not make a one day or two day festival over the weekend when everyone can make it. And spend the money on better acts, or better still get the Quick Nip Faction/Buckfast Army lads to organise it. now that'd be a festival!