PDA

View Full Version : From 11 a side

gufct
02/03/2007, 1:38 PM
Sunderland plan Irish trip

March 2, 2007

Sunderland have put the finishing touches on plans to visit Ireland for three pre-season friendlies in the summer.

Roy Keane’s Black Cats will take in games against eircom League Premier Division sides Galway United, Bohemians and Cork City in July and August.

By that stage, they hope to be looking forward to a season in the Premiership.

Sunderland currently lie in fourth place in the Championship table, their recent good form earning an underwhelmed Keane the Manager of the Month award on Thursday.

NY Hoop
02/03/2007, 2:34 PM
Interesting that they are Coming to Bohs not Shams, i thought if Quinn was a fan and a member of teh 400 club he would not go to their biggest rivals as they will get a very decent pay day from this i wopuld imagine ? :confused: (Not a Wum just observation)

Interesting too that all of our squad flew back in sunday night from sunderland.

Its the Rovers Member Club btw.

Decent pay day? No chance.

KOH

Soper
02/03/2007, 2:34 PM
Well, they only played Shamrock Rovers a week (?) ago, so they will probably want fresh opposition.

WeAreRovers
02/03/2007, 2:50 PM
Well, they only played Shamrock Rovers a week (?) ago, so they will probably want fresh opposition.

And we beat them so they'll be looking for an easier run-out but obviously someone better than Pats, who they beat easily. ;)

KOH

charliesboots
02/03/2007, 2:53 PM
And we beat them so they'll be looking for an easier run-out but obviously someone better than Pats, who they beat easily. ;)

KOH

Obviously!!! Can't wait for April 27th.

wws
02/03/2007, 2:53 PM
fair play, you must have been right about Casey so. He'll do a really good job there by the sound of things.

We'll have to make do with Vinny Parkinsons

Dodge
02/03/2007, 3:06 PM
Bohs are probably looking to step up after hammering the Mighty Aberdeen 0-0

Should be a good game

NY Hoop
02/03/2007, 3:45 PM
Real shame Rovers will miss out on a big Pay day, all you can say is that Bohs win again i suppose.

Yawn. But thanks for obsessing.

KOH

kdjaC
02/03/2007, 6:02 PM
Decent pay day? No chance.

KOH

Eh? Would imagine close to sell out hope the Bohs fans get tickets, all the Keano lovers be there in droves. Would possibly be on tv too.

Obviously!!! Can't wait for April 27th.

Ssshhh Rovers are good now, we will be very lucky to get a draw.

kdjac

NY Hoop
05/03/2007, 1:11 PM
It gotta hurt NY but what did we say a few weeks ago to you ? Sunderland and Quinn have no interest in Shams what so ever just wanted a look at your team and the big shams fan Quinn is gives the big pay day to Bohs, should have closed a deal over there lads will you ever learn ?:confused:

Think your smilie sums you up. It doesnt matter what you said because as per you are all wrong. The only thing that hurts is your brain. Quinn is a member of Rovers. That's his interest.

We would have had to hire out tolka, pay security, insurance etc etc for a Rovers reserve side to play sundireland. Hardly a big pay day.

Plus as already pointed out we have already played them.

Three questions:

How many Rovers players signed for them?

What's it like to have no manager?

How many years have you spent in the puzzle factory?

KOH

NY Hoop
05/03/2007, 1:51 PM
I would say a near 9,600 capacity 9,600*14 = 134,400 ouch looks like Connor has worked his charm again NY Hoop. Not having a manger is tough but not as bad as not having a home and sorry we all dont work in factories :D ;)

Oh dear. I think the character of Proby in Rescue Me is based on you. He thinks tolka would be filled for sundireland:rolleyes:

When you dont know what you're talking about keep schtum.

KOH

BohsPartisan
05/03/2007, 2:13 PM
Dalymount was full for the Spurs game a few years back so I'd imagine you'd get a good enough crowd fur Sunderland given the Irish "connection".