PDA

View Full Version : Satellite dishes

paul_oshea
02/03/2007, 12:17 PM
Just completed on my flat and noticed there is a dish left there, i dont beleive its a sky one, cos i think its too big, though then again, sky dishes are always in the air when i see them so i could be wrong :D anyhow i want to know about dishes and setting them up and what can be done with them? can i get free stuff im lay man terms....

BohsPartisan
02/03/2007, 12:20 PM
You can get free stuff in the guise of 50 different versions of ITV and BBC plus Al Jazeera and Gaydate TV!

noby
02/03/2007, 12:31 PM
If you have the dish, you need the receiver (either lidl-style FTA, or old sky box). The dish, if still mounted, may be pointing to the right satellite, and it would just be a matter of plugging in, and away you go.

Yes, you do get endless variations of BBC and ITV (which can be handy for rmatches on BBC Scotland etc.) but also a few film channels, including film4, and some news channels. Oh, and BBC3, BBC4, ITV2-4.

All this for free, and an arial for your domestic. Better than forking out to Murdoch every month.

beautifulrock
02/03/2007, 1:17 PM
Could be an old sky dish, originally they were a fair size. Get a sky box and card off ebay and away you go

paul_oshea
02/03/2007, 1:54 PM
http://www.dvb-shop24.net/index.php

my mate tells me these are class if you cable or ntl....anyone know?

i thought with dishes if you pointed it a certain way that you could get scandiavian channels?