PDA

View Full Version : Harps game

gustavo
02/03/2007, 9:01 AM
http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=272&Itemid=88
Due to unplayable pitch.

sligo1
02/03/2007, 9:14 AM
It's not phrased too well-kinda like we found out by mistake.
Could we not play it at home as we definitely need a game.

gustavo
02/03/2007, 9:39 AM
Hope its a bit better phrased for you now , All i know is that the game has been cancelled no further details as yet.

red bellied
02/03/2007, 9:46 AM
They are probably too busy playing Bob the Builder in the Showgrounds, see what they can knock down next kind of thing. No time for playing football.

sligoman
02/03/2007, 6:07 PM
Defo think waterlogged pitch is a cover up as I heard a rumour that it was cancelled yesterday. No way would they have made a decision on the pitch that early

Mr A
02/03/2007, 6:26 PM
I think you're being a bit paranoid there. Our final game of last season was played in horrendous conditions and the pitch was left in a terrible state. It hasn't recovered yet and to play this game after another wet week would probably have done a lot more damage and may have endangered the Shels home game.

The Stars
02/03/2007, 8:19 PM
Rovers are playing in Dromard( or ballysadare) tomorrow against Harps( or it could be a local team.
Very vague I know but its on at about 3.

feo123
02/03/2007, 8:25 PM
great information their stars!

DonalE
03/03/2007, 4:46 PM
Losr 2-1. Started off very well and dominated for the first half but then Harps started to play a bit and came back into it. We went one up,Faz scored a tap in assisted by Hughes who started up front. Not sure who got Harps' first, Conor Gethins scored a pen to go ahead.

Arcaba
Peers, McKenzie, Vasas (spelling), Kelly
Turner, O'Grady, Kudozovic
Cretaro, Hughes, McCartney

There will be a report and reaction on the website

sligoman
03/03/2007, 5:27 PM
Faz scored a tap in assisted by HughesAssisted by the Harps goalkeeper more like. After Hughes went one on one with the keeper and hit a very lame shot only for the keeper to spill it and Faz to tap in.

Dont think Hughes is a striker tbh. Turner played well. Faz played well in the first half.

redrov2005
03/03/2007, 6:23 PM
Losr 2-1. Started off very well and dominated for the first half but then Harps started to play a bit and came back into it. We went one up,Faz scored a tap in assisted by Hughes who started up front. Not sure who got Harps' first, Conor Gethins scored a pen to go ahead.

Arcaba
Peers, McKenzie, Vasas (spelling), Kelly
Turner, O'Grady, Kudozovic
Cretaro, Hughes, McCartney

There will be a report and reaction on the website

What's the story with Foy? Still injured ? And have we signed the Polish lad or not. Wasn't there so what's the verdict on Vasas. To me it looks like we're going to struggle to get goals. McKenzie isn't good enough to play centre of defence imo.

I can't understand how the season finished 3 months ago and we had a manager in place before the end of it and yet we haven't made enough signings. Any run of injuries and we're in trouble.

The decision to release McT and McNamara is coming back to haunt Rovers and it looks like the decision to get O'Grady back may well have been a face saving excercise.

sligoman
03/03/2007, 6:29 PM
What's the story with Foy? Still injured ? And have we signed the Polish lad or not. Wasn't there so what's the verdict on Vasas. To me it looks like we're going to struggle to get goals. McKenzie isn't good enough to play centre of defence imo.Foy is dropped afaik. He has to win his spot back as Kelly has taken it. Bajdziak has signed yes. Vasas I thought did pretty well today. Great height for a defender and seems good enough in the air.

Funniest thing I heard today was Arcaba shouting at the other players, you could bearly hear what he was shouting, may aswell have been talking:D

feo123
03/03/2007, 6:37 PM
he's not well in the head i hear, arcaba

gustavo
03/03/2007, 6:49 PM
What's the story with Foy? Still injured ? And have we signed the Polish lad or not. Wasn't there so what's the verdict on Vasas. To me it looks like we're going to struggle to get goals. McKenzie isn't good enough to play centre of defence imo.

I can't understand how the season finished 3 months ago and we had a manager in place before the end of it and yet we haven't made enough signings. Any run of injuries and we're in trouble.

The decision to release McT and McNamara is coming back to haunt Rovers and it looks like the decision to get O'Grady back may well have been a face saving excercise.

McNamara was leaving the club either way and McTiernan was offered terms but decided to leave.

Didnt see all the game today but wasnt overly impressed with Badjak , good to see Chrissy Turner flying in with the tackles again. Vassas could be good as was mentioned. Still very short up front , where was Gino?

feo123
03/03/2007, 6:51 PM
probably let go! was vassas the pure blond lad?

sligoman
03/03/2007, 6:52 PM
good to see Chrissy Turner flying in with the tackles again.You weren't even sure it was him at first;) :D.
probably let go! was vassas the pure blond lad?No, he's not blonde.

gustavo
03/03/2007, 7:17 PM
You weren't even sure it was him at first;) :D.No, he's not blonde.

Its probably just my failing eyesight but i thought he bulked up a lot since ive seen him last season.

Aaron
03/03/2007, 7:26 PM
Whats the young boy Masters first name?

sligoman
03/03/2007, 7:28 PM
i thought he bulked up a lot since ive seen him last season.Sounds a bit like Keith Foy?:D.

MervilleUnited
03/03/2007, 7:30 PM
Any word lads on Robs Temperment on the sideline?
I hear he is a very hard man to please:D

avvenalaf
03/03/2007, 8:11 PM
he's not well in the head i hear, arcaba

Made for the Rovers, so.

redrov2005
03/03/2007, 8:40 PM
McNamara was leaving the club either way and McTiernan was offered terms but decided to leave.

Yeah. Like McT player of the month for June last season wanted to go to Athlone instead. The point is that no great effort was made to retain players who had served Rovers well. That only happened in the case of O'Grady and that was i reckon because the club were struggling to get players in.

After losing the likes of Singh,Mansaram etc...Far from letting players go, they should have been trying get the players that got the club to the Premier to remain.

sligoman
03/03/2007, 8:44 PM
Yeah. Like McT player of the month for June last season wanted to go to Athlone instead.They train once a week. That's what he wants. How many times do I have to mention on here that McT wanted to spend more time with his new fiancee so training once a week suits him fine.

Would you like us to train once a week so we can keep McT?

sligoman
03/03/2007, 9:03 PM
Lads i know for a fact that McT wanted to stay with Rovers, sure look at the info even in the past week that has come from the there seems to be a lot of contradicting news from them.Well I know for a fact that it's different. He probably would have liked to stay with us if our training schedule was less busy;).

DonalE
03/03/2007, 9:09 PM
Assisted by the Harps goalkeeper more like. After Hughes went one on one with the keeper and hit a very lame shot only for the keeper to spill it and Faz to tap in.

No, Hughes shot and it came back to him off the keeper,than he squared it to Faz who tapped in

sligoman
03/03/2007, 9:11 PM
No, Hughes shot and it came back to him off the keeper,than he squared it to Faz who tapped inYeah but Hughes should have put it away in the first place!

SligoBrewer
03/03/2007, 9:25 PM
Yeah but Hughes should have put it away in the first place!

are you determined to fk'ing degrade faz at all times?

sligoman
03/03/2007, 9:46 PM
are you determined to fk'ing degrade faz at all times?haha, wtf? It's Hughes I'm degrading, not Faz.

Re-read the last sentence of this (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=633033&postcount=14) again.

sligoman
03/03/2007, 10:47 PM
You only know the official line that came from the club ;)Eh no actually. It came from a source a little closer to McT;).

sligoman
03/03/2007, 11:05 PM
Yap Martin told me he has a Cousin's friend or cousin's neighbour :)Marty has a cousins friend?:confused:. Don't believe anything Stapo tells ya;)

Bravo
05/03/2007, 9:17 PM
This game was played in Screen on saturday:
harps won it 2:1 Rovers Faz Harps McKenzie (og) Gettins

feo123
06/03/2007, 5:16 PM
This game was played in Screen on saturday:
harps won it 2:1 Rovers Faz Harps McKenzie (og) Gettins

you're about 2 days late there bravo....

Red&White Rover
06/03/2007, 7:07 PM
and a manager too...