PDA

View Full Version : results not good

tapo drog
28/12/2002, 8:39 AM
bad result against rovers coupled with the bloody students finally finding their extensive revision is paying off has made the last few weeks of the season extremely interesting .

It is never boring when you support the Super Drogs ( would not have it any other way )

p.s

KEEP THE FAITH....................../////////////

DrogMan
28/12/2002, 10:03 AM
Disappointing can't sum up what I feel after that game last night. It was a but of a deja vu as like against Boh's we outplayed Rovers for a most of the game and we came away with nothing. Again our poor finshing coupled with a disallowed goal and a shockingly bad ref, dished up a recipe for defeat.
One of the best early chances we had was a header by a Rovers defender on his own goal and Horgan(the boll*x) made a great save. Then later Chris Todd failed to hit the target from 3 yards out, how he didn't manage to even get it close I'll never know, then the turning point in the game arrived when Stu Taylor was at the edge of the box and from where I was standing it looked a clear trip, now whether it was a peno or not is a different matter, but it looked like a foul, anyway the ball was picked up by Molloy and he sent a through ball to Robinson on the right wing, he flew past Kelly and scored one of the best goals I've ever seen. 30 yards out into Roger's near post top corner!!! Then Molloy got injured and had to go off, which was a good thing as he was running the show up front for Rovers and after that the Rovers strike force was non existent.
We battled hard, Stu Taylor missed another good chance when it was still 1-0 and then the killer blow came when Grant made it two.
We deserved something but could have passed the ball alot better. Now I've been saying this all season that the ball is up in the clouds too much. I mean the only time we started passing the ball was when we were two down!!
Another thing aswell, why was Myler taken off for Delaney. I know he wasn't having the best of games but at least with the way we were playing he could have won a few headers. Delaney he's a decent player and all but again when he came on he looked out of place. There was these young lads behind me and they were shouting for Delaney to come on which I found quite stupid, anyway hopefully we can bounce back with a win agianst the mighty Boh's next week :eek:
Aswell I heard about the meeting during the day, and to say that it wasn't good would be an understatment!!

Anyway keep the faith and lets fight to the end!!