View Full Version : The Star eircom League Magazine

Pages : [1] 2 3

Danny
02/03/2007, 8:27 AM
free with the star today

BohsPartisan
02/03/2007, 9:26 AM
MAGICME
Thats not you in the picture of the clubs promotional officers with the mons scarf is it?

Jerry The Saint
02/03/2007, 9:36 AM
free with the star today

I still miss the annual.:( I suppose more people get to read it this way but still...

carrickharp
02/03/2007, 9:56 AM
See the new arrivals in the first division get two pages while the rest get one:rolleyes:

Dodge
02/03/2007, 10:15 AM
See the new arrivals in the first division get two pages while the rest get one:rolleyes:

FFS it was the story of the close season....

Jerry The Saint
02/03/2007, 10:28 AM

Maybe the two pages are a handy pull-out section that can be discarded if the appeal doesn't work out for them? :D

Dodge
02/03/2007, 10:36 AM
For Pats fans, we get a huge write up. McCadden drooling over Ndo and O'Neill

WeAreRovers
02/03/2007, 10:45 AM
For Pats fans, we get a huge write up. McCadden drooling over Ndo and O'Neill

That's his Rovers membership expunged so. ;)

Mind you, there's plenty of drooling on all the club pages - Wayne Colbert is "sensational" apparently.

KOH

wws
02/03/2007, 11:12 AM
me and dodge are members of rovers too
a pats fan is on the committee of all the dublin clubs

thats how we keep tabs on yee all

David McGill is the ROVERS "ONE TO WATCH"

amazing player

Raheny Red
02/03/2007, 11:24 AM
Great pic of the BD display from the game against Cork last season :cool: - what's up with the 'REBORN' on the front covers. Is the eL full of Hindus :D

Dodge
02/03/2007, 11:27 AM
rascist!

BohsPartisan
02/03/2007, 11:40 AM
Just noticing they didn't bother updating our colours from last season. To be honest looking through it its pretty cr@p. Style over substance. The usual lazy journalism you come to expect from Lennon and McCadden.

Dodge
02/03/2007, 12:26 PM
I'd guess they got the info for those boxes from the league itself in fairness to them

fergalr
02/03/2007, 1:03 PM
David McGill is the ROVERS "ONE TO WATCH"
amazing player
Eric McGill is a much better prospect than David IMHO.

BohsPartisan
02/03/2007, 1:08 PM
I'd guess they got the info for those boxes from the league itself in fairness to them
Yeah but thats the problem with journo's these days. They just regurgitate press releases.
Not just that though. If you take last year's one and compare them, I'll bet they use the same stock phrases that are in this.

And who cares what Joxer's favourite food is?

Dodge
02/03/2007, 1:12 PM
Its called a fluff piece. I'd say Wayne Rooney has been asked that question a thousand times by now. Its sole purpose is to promote the league, its not for any serious anlysis

GuisaSaigon
02/03/2007, 1:27 PM
For a treat Stephen O'Flynn enjoys an egg, jam and cheese sandwich - Essential information!

noby
02/03/2007, 1:30 PM
I didn't realise he was with child.

Paddyfield
02/03/2007, 1:32 PM
For a treat Stephen O'Flynn enjoys an egg, jam and cheese sandwich - Essential information!

Yeah. And they show him in his Derry jersey.

Also, the GUFC crest is the onw from the 90's and not the new one! It's a p!ss poor publication but something is better than nothing.

Lim till i die
02/03/2007, 1:37 PM
Also, the GUFC crest is the onw from the 90's and not the new one! It's a p!ss poor publication but something is better than nothing.

Surely twas up to the Galway PR juggernaut to make sure all their information was correct, even we managed it. Cracks showing already?? :eek: :p

As for Stephen O'Flynn, I'm going to assume he meant ham :eek:

GuisaSaigon
02/03/2007, 1:45 PM
Surely twas up to the Galway PR juggernaut to make sure all their information was correct, even we managed it. Cracks showing already?? :eek: :p

I see Ski is still showing of his Ireland caps 27 years later :o

Lim till i die
02/03/2007, 1:47 PM
I see Ski is still showing of his Ireland caps 27 years later :o

Why, how many do you have that your keeping quiet?? :rolleyes:

Would have thought twas something to be proud of?? :rolleyes:

Conor H
02/03/2007, 1:49 PM

Have you ever spoke to him?

He's notorious around here for having the single biggest ego possible.

GuisaSaigon
02/03/2007, 1:52 PM

When I get one Ill be sure to wear it 27 years later just to let everyone know how great I am!

Lim till i die
02/03/2007, 1:54 PM
Says alot about your "fans" when this is how they talk about one of their greatest ever players :rolleyes:

Lim till i die
02/03/2007, 1:55 PM
Have you ever spoke to him?

He's notorious around here for having the single biggest ego possible.

Is he not entitled to it?? :rolleyes:

WeAreRovers
02/03/2007, 2:00 PM
Eric McGill is a much better prospect than David IMHO.

And you'd think a Pats fan would know that considering he was MOTM when our reserves lost to Pats in the cup semi. Going to be a very special player IMO.

KOH

GuisaSaigon
02/03/2007, 2:04 PM
Says alot about your "fans" when this is how they talk about one of their greatest ever players :rolleyes:

Everyone in Galway loves Ski his modest nature has endeared him to all Galwegians. It's just you we dont like:D

Conor H
02/03/2007, 2:04 PM

Your hate of Galway really is ....:o :o

wws
02/03/2007, 2:05 PM
And you'd think a Pats fan would know that considering he was MOTM when our reserves lost to Pats in the cup semi. Going to be a very special player IMO.

KOH

:eek:

yeah as chosen by Roddy BLEEDIN Collins

charliesboots
02/03/2007, 2:06 PM

KOH

Damn the star for revealing one of our secrets for the season Derek Foran.

Dodge
02/03/2007, 2:07 PM
He's rubbish. I play astro with his cousin. Who's rubbish too.

Lim till i die
02/03/2007, 2:08 PM
Everyone in Galway loves Ski his modest nature has endeared him to all Galwegians. It's just you we dont like:D

Bit of Vietnamese humour :confused: :rolleyes:

charliesboots
02/03/2007, 2:11 PM
Any chance of a moderator setting up a Limerick v Galway forum?

Getting ridiculous in here.

charliesboots
02/03/2007, 2:11 PM
He's rubbish. I play astro with his cousin. Who's rubbish too.

Who? Roddy Collins?

monkey magic
02/03/2007, 2:12 PM
plenty of errors alrite, there nothing if not consistent..

on another note. the lim 37 crest looks class and whats all this talk of an 8000 seater stadium i read about?? the clubs less than three months old:eek:

Lim till i die
02/03/2007, 2:16 PM
Your hate of Galway really is ....

It's the town as a whole and it's people rather than your business venture that I've a "hate" (hatred would probably look better there tbh Conor) for.

Actually stratch all that hatred is far too strong a word ;)

What's pathetic is your crying and bitching everytime the Limerick boys are at you, your attempts at wit, the way in which the FAI handled your promotion (would've had the exact same attitude with any other club aswell Conor, something you absolutely fail to get), your confetti throwing, the gayest flag in Ireland, the fact that one of your hardest working and most dedicated "fans" can be robbed in Terryland Park and nobody helps him, the fact that said "fan" takes it lying down..............

Could go on but your mother probably has your dinner ready for you and you'll probably want to go out playing for a bit afterwards seeing as the rain is holding off

Lim till i die
02/03/2007, 2:17 PM

Alas, I don't think it's a runner :(

Just sticking up for poor oul Ski and his big massive bonce :)

Lim till i die
02/03/2007, 2:22 PM
on another note. the lim 37 crest looks class and whats all this talk of an 8000 seater stadium i read about?? the clubs less than three months old:eek:

Do you think so?? A lot of the lads think it's a bit Disney on Ice tbh

As for the stadium thing there's a lot of room in Jackman Park and due to the situation with Hogan Park all along the senior football team in the city didn't recieve a penny in grants for decades. So hopefully something will happen there fairly quickly. I'd say 8,000 is in the long term tbh but in the short to medium term we'd probably be looking at a 2,000 seat stand and a bit of terracing :ball:

NY Hoop
02/03/2007, 2:37 PM

Amen. Also ridiculous is the fact anyone would "hate" Galway:eek:

KOH

WeAreRovers
02/03/2007, 2:38 PM
:eek:

yeah as chosen by Roddy BLEEDIN Collins

I actually didn't know that as I was at the game and not watching it on TV but young Eric was the best player on the pitch that night, that's what I meant by MOTM.

KOH

charliesboots
02/03/2007, 2:47 PM
I actually didn't know that as I was at the game and not watching it on TV but young Eric was the best player on the pitch that night, that's what I meant by MOTM.

KOH

Keego was MOTM by a mile.

Lim till i die
02/03/2007, 2:51 PM
Amen. Also ridiculous is the fact anyone would "hate" Galway

KOH

In Fairness, I did point out hate is far too strong a word, just Galway lads being melodramatic :p

Plus you've been known to have the odd well thought out debate with your neighbouring clubs aswell ;) :)

jebus
02/03/2007, 3:04 PM
In Fairness, I did point out hate is far too strong a word, just Galway lads being melodramatic :p

Plus you've been known to have the odd well thought out debate with your neighbouring clubs aswell :)

And I thought the Galway 'lads' put the pair of us on their ignore list for daring to point out that their club's promotion was a disgrace, that their promotion party showed Galway United up to be the small time outfit that it is, that their confetti throwing is a mockery of hetrosexuality and that they have in their possession the most homoerotic football flag (http://www.salthillknocknacarragaa.ie/damo_design.jpg)in Irish history.

Wonders will never cease eh? :)

monkey magic
02/03/2007, 3:19 PM

ah i dunno charlie, i think a bit of rivalry between our two lil' mid-west clubs is fine, sure if it keeps them happy during their respective quests to finish bottom of each division this year, then its fine by me. Plus, lets not forget, its sparing us all from the sligo lads going on bout how they're not really rivals with galway cos they're "bigger" :rolleyes: , thus allowing them to concentrate on the whole "who are the real rovers" issue:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

charliesboots
02/03/2007, 3:21 PM
ah i dunno charlie, i think a bit of rivalry between our two lil' mid-west clubs is fine, sure if it keeps them happy during their respective quests to finish bottom of each division this year, then its fine by me. Plus, lets not forget, its sparing us all from the sligo lads going on bout how they're not really rivals with galway cos they're "bigger" :rolleyes: , thus allowing them to concentrate on the whole "who are the real rovers" issue:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

POTM?

Lim till i die
02/03/2007, 3:23 PM
ah i dunno charlie, i think a bit of rivalry between our two lil' mid-west clubs is fine, sure if it keeps them happy during their respective quests to finish bottom of each division this year, then its fine by me. Plus, lets not forget, its sparing us all from the sligo lads going on bout how they're not really rivals with galway cos they're "bigger" , thus allowing them to concentrate on the whole "who are the real rovers" issue

Excuse me sorry aren't you a Longford fan :eek:

Paddyfield
02/03/2007, 5:40 PM

Agreed

stann
02/03/2007, 8:23 PM
Agreed and agreed.

While some of the Galway posts from the lads who've been taken a bit ill by their rapid elevation can be annoying in the extreme, you can't call automatically gainsaying every single post 'rivalry'. It's just embarrassing for you Lim til I die.
There is no justification for the post that claims McGee's entitled to his ego for anyone who has ever met, had dealings with or heard about the man. The biggest headed f**ker ever played on Suirside, bar none! Poncing about in his Sol tracksuit like the big I am. :D
And BTW, it's SKEE, not SKI! McGEE!! SEE!!!

Philly
02/03/2007, 8:53 PM
Kildare County FC's "One to Watch" is a Cobh Ramblers player.

About as well researched as my Leaving Cert geography field study.