PDA

View Full Version : Victory For Students In Clash Of The Fanzines

Tom Humpfrees
23/12/2002, 11:12 AM
Bitter disappointment on a wasted journey turned to ecstasy and joy at a famous victory at the mall complex on Sunday afternoon last. The late night training and exercise at the lonford arms hotel paid off for the students according to stalwart full back Stephen Joyce 'we were taking on all the right fluids in perparation, and we tried out a few new moves aswell'. The students stormed to a roaring 9 - 6 victory over their longford rivals in the inaugural clash of the fanzines. Heroic goalkeeping from Kevin 'Are you bazza in disguise' Burke and a well organised defence along with the UCD boys fluid and precise passing and movement and their clinical finishing in front of goal made them an unbeatable force. We were able to get these comments from both captains after the game.

Pauro 7,"Well, we kinda knew that our fanzine, one 'F' in Longford is no match for UCD fanzine Student 'til i Graduate, which i must say is a fanzine of immense quality, and quite witty too, so instead we thought we'd be able to dazzle them with our football skills, but man, you shoulda seen these guys, they are incredible, it was like watching 5 Derek Swans. A deserving victory i say, and hail STIG, the inaugural winners of the Derek Swan trophy.

Andy,"A fantastic effort from the lads. Bring on the Four Five One Boys in Cork next month!!!...".

The match kicks off what everyone involved hopes will be an ongoing event bringing the eircom league fans and fans publications together.

The subject of allegations of drug taking previous to the game by UCD players has been strongly avoided by the lads, however Andy did offer to provide a urine sample on the LTFC flag after the game.

So it seems that the four five one lads better watch the xmas cake over the festive period...the students are on the march!!!

Tom HumpFrees.

Schumi
23/12/2002, 12:40 PM