Mahon-----McNally--Tony Mc--------Kenna

?????--------Finn--Crowley/McCaul---Doyle

------------Sammo----P Byrne

SUBS:
Crowley/McCaul (CM)
Gregg (GK)
Moran (ST)
C Byrne (MF/ST)
McWalter (injured at the moment) (MF/ST)
Forsyth (ST)

Seems very thin and we could get into trouble with a few injuries, except for upfront where we are fine.

Burnsie
28/02/2007, 10:17 PM
couldn't disagree more. centre forward is a big problem IMO, and dicker is going to leave a big hole in the midfield, esp with hurley gone too. presume crowley isn't fit yet? who is mccaul?

DmanDmythDledge
28/02/2007, 10:22 PM
couldn't disagree more. centre forward is a big problem IMO, and dicker is going to leave a big hole in the midfield, esp with hurley gone too. presume crowley isn't fit yet? who is mccaul?
Sammon, PB, Moran, Purcell and Forsyth up front. McWalter too when he is back from injury, plus Conan Byrne if we're badly stuck. Sammon and Byrne have proven they are good players, albeit Byrne has struggled with injuries. Moran, Forsyth and Purcell have been prolific for the U-21s and seem like excellent prospects.

Dicker leaving isn't really a loss as we've got Finn coming in, who has just won an U-21 cap and has the potential IMO to be better than Dicker.

Crowley is fit now. McCaul is a new signing and I have been hearing good things about him.

Poor Student
01/03/2007, 11:28 AM
I know we're never usually very active in the transfer market but it's been a disappointing pre-season in terms of that. Mahon made big comments in the media about bringing in experienced players and expanding the squad. It only seems to have shrank on us. If it weren't for the conveyor belt I'd be worried about the upcoming season.

John83
01/03/2007, 12:13 PM
God we're thin at the back. I hope a few of those U21s are up to stepping up.