Sunny Jim
28/02/2007, 12:34 PM
http://www.wexfordyouths.com/

passinginterest
28/02/2007, 12:51 PM
Well it's a start anyway ;)

Footsoldier
28/02/2007, 4:00 PM
It looks like somebody got in ahead of Wallace and bought the website. The club colours aren't even purple and gold. And if we have 2007 in the logo, does it mean that we're going to be changing the logo every season? That means a new jersey every season. FFS we're not Man U already!?!? :)

DmanDmythDledge
28/02/2007, 4:09 PM
And if we have 2007 in the logo, does it mean that we're going to be changing the logo every season? That means a new jersey every season. FFS we're not Man U already!?!? :)
2007 because you were formed in 2007?

ForzaWexford
28/02/2007, 5:51 PM
Thats not "the" logo. Saw a teamsheet for the game lasst weekend and it had a logo on top. It's not the nicest logo around, but it's a lot better than that one!

Thunder-WYFC
28/02/2007, 6:13 PM
Any word on the squad yet,I heard it was being picked last night?

WexDec
05/03/2007, 2:39 PM
It looks like somebody got in ahead of Wallace and bought the website. The club colours aren't even purple and gold. And if we have 2007 in the logo, does it mean that we're going to be changing the logo every season? That means a new jersey every season. FFS we're not Man U already!?!? :)

Could possibly be somebody hired to do it or judging by the crest a chancer.
This guy has done these - http://www.elmsoft.net/html/portfolio.php including IrishRugby.net and IrishGolf.net

Mick should get in for wexfordyouthsfc.com or wyfc.com or just get an .ie domain which aren't as easy as .coms. Maybe he has one and it won't be public until finished / looking decent unlike this one.

To be exact its owned by (amazing what you can find out on the interweb) -

Liam Madden
Beeches Lodge
Albert Road Upper
Dun laoghaire, Dublin DUB
Ireland
ltmadden@indigo.ie
(086) 804-6938

Registered through: ElmSoft Web Solutions
Domain Name: WEXFORDYOUTHS.COM
Created on: 09-Feb-07
Expires on: 09-Feb-08

A face
15/03/2007, 10:10 PM
Any news on an official site?

Tazskool
15/03/2007, 10:15 PM
Last I heard its close to being done.. .but they are not sure when it will be released to the outside world yet...

I think they are looking at more important things first such as on field and admin side of things which is always the best kinda thing to do with a new business.. and they really do, as we all do, want to keep Wexford Youths FC above board and afloat!!!!

passinginterest
30/03/2007, 1:57 PM
looks like the website is up! Haven't had a look around yet but i don't like the homepage :(

wexman
30/03/2007, 1:59 PM
what is the address 4 site??

passinginterest
30/03/2007, 2:00 PM
www.wexfordyouthsfc.ie

wexman
30/03/2007, 2:09 PM
cheers it looks ok still under construction:ball: :)

passinginterest
30/03/2007, 2:18 PM
Looking around it's not so bad, I like the squad profile section and if they get the 3-D tour thing up and running it will be good.

I think it looks a bit cheap and tacky so far though, I hate the league position thing on the homepage, not big on the colour scheme either. Still it looks like it has the potential to be one of the better club websites in the league.

passinginterest
30/03/2007, 2:20 PM
Already a link to foot.ie in the links section too :)

Tazskool
30/03/2007, 2:35 PM
It has the info on it that any fan requires .. yes the 3D section isnt up yet... but it looks easy to read and navigate.

Squad page could be made a little smaller and detailed..

A good start and hopefully will grow just like the club itself :)

PS: can someone delete that FALSE .com one at the top please..

Monkfish
30/03/2007, 5:47 PM
Coming along now lads, it will all fall into place eventually.

brokenstar
30/03/2007, 6:16 PM
looks alright, in time it'll improve i suspect. the squad profile page is pretty slick, add a few more player stats to that and it'll be well smart

ForzaWexford
30/03/2007, 7:08 PM
Looks cheap but cheerful! I think it's grand, has the basic info on it anyway.

Clyngfilm
02/04/2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah I think it's decent enough, could be a lot better but I suppose it's still a work in progress. Far better than the Wexford GAA website anyway, but that wouldn't take much!

passinginterest
03/04/2007, 2:04 PM
I know it's early days for the website and all, and fair play to them for getting it up and looking ok, but, it's a bit worrying that they still have the Waterford game down as being played tonight and there's no sign of a match report or any news about the game against Limerick 37.
No sign of any online shop being made available either.

Am I just expecting too much?
I do like to moan. :(

Tazskool
03/04/2007, 2:39 PM
Online shop is coming so I am told... Not sure of what date they have lined up..

But I am also being patitent in the fact all this is a huge thing for so few people to take on so quickly...

I want my Wexford Youth home kit... :) where as most of you all can go to the ground and get it I cant :P lol..

Trust me... E-commerce is not an easy thing to set up and get right.. Also its all about having the stock before hand as well...

Takes time to make kits.. and everything else!!

passinginterest
18/04/2007, 2:10 PM
Anyone been in contact with the club about the website?

They seem to have improved the look of it a good bit, I like the match pictures on the homepage and the official league table it all looks very good.

Dissapointed though that the news section hasn't been updated at all and the pictures have been left the same too.

I know it's still very early days but it would be nice to at least see a very simple match report with the starting line-up and maybe the official attendance. Even if it's only a few line taken from the official LOI website.

I'm thinking of dropping them an email for an update but don't want to hassel them if others have more info.

passinginterest
05/06/2007, 12:07 PM
Just bringing this back up again. Partly because I think the guy who does the website reads this forum every now and again.

The website looks excellent now but the content is starting to really dip in quality. The last few fixtures have been wrong and no match reports have been posted for an age. It would be nice to see a bit more squad info too. Like appearances and goals. The Mick's Views section shouldn't be hard to update either, he has his column in the Wexford People every week, I doubt it'd be an issue to reproduce it (especially seeing as it's usually in the match day programme).

Anyone else got any views on this. I think the website is very important for anyone keeping tabs on the team from outside Wexford, especially if your outside the county. The Wikipedia page has more info and is more up to date, and that's largely been done by me and a few others on here in our spare time.