PDA

View Full Version : How will we do?

passinginterest
28/02/2007, 10:40 AM
Personally I think we'll be doing well to stay off the bottom, I think Killkenny are probably the team we're most likely to finish ahead off, with possibly Monaghan, Limerick and Shels struggling.
I think Limerick and Shels will be stronger than most expect and we would be lucky to get near them. Limerick beat Bray last week 1-0 so after Thursday's friendly with Bray we might get an idea of the difference in quality.
I can see ourselves and Kilkenny a bit adrift at the bottom, but, if we get a good start against Monaghan we might get some momentum and cause a few surprises.

Bluebeard
28/02/2007, 11:11 AM
I'd say your first 6 games could be a bit of a shock to the system for the newer players. However, Dolan will sort them out on a few things, and that could be the difference.

You'll probably finish above Kilkenny, and depending on results, maybe Monaghan too. The fact that you will have a good home following will be worth a couple of points, especially if the crowd is close to the pitch - one of the things that probably has screwed us a little at the RSC.

As for Shels, any team managed by Keely will be ugly, but will do OK, but you could catch them on the hop if you play them in their first three games - providing they have a team. New Lims should be alright at the back, and will certainly pick up a few draws, but might find scoring harder.

Thunder-WYFC
28/02/2007, 5:19 PM
Yea hopefully we can stay off the bottom.The 4 games against the scum[Kilkenny] will be key as will the games with Monaghan and Shelbourne but i feel with the large crowds we're expecting we could cause quite a few shocks down here!

ForzaWexford
28/02/2007, 5:50 PM
I'ts hard tell at this stage....eight, maybe.

Lim till i die
01/03/2007, 5:50 PM
The 4 games against the scum[Kilkenny]

I love it :D

Lil' old inoffensive Kilkenny City actually have a rival now :ball: :D

Thunder-WYFC
01/03/2007, 9:06 PM
Have to try and start some king of rivlary;)