PDA

View Full Version : Promotions officer?

daithi
27/02/2007, 4:21 PM
Who is our Promotions officer? Just wondering.....

Tallanted
27/02/2007, 5:48 PM
Patrick Collum, duno who he is though

RonnieB
27/02/2007, 9:26 PM
Saw a pic of him in the paper today, looks vaguely familiar.

Longfordian
28/02/2007, 4:59 PM
He's from Drumlish apparently. Was most recently involved with the Special Olympics. He was quite impressive in his interview by all accounts.

Magicme
28/02/2007, 9:08 PM
A good guy who will do a good job for you from what I saw last Monday.

Get behind him, give him support and ideas and you will all reap the benefits of having someone full time helping you bring people to watch ur beloved team.

Martinho II
04/03/2007, 11:47 AM
I am pretty impressed with him after talkin to him at the eircom launch. He has section os full support on this matter. Section O had a long chat to him at the open day yesterday. He wants to look at old issues of our fanzine and is interested in our fanzine and how it works. The club are doing a newsletter and he wants to sde how our fanzine is structured. We told him of fresh ideas to better improve the supporter experience which he fully endorses but I cant say what these new ideas are until we clear it with the committee.

btw lovely seein magicme at the launch!;)

Cabs88
04/03/2007, 3:01 PM
what exactly is a promotions officer? Will he be workin over the p.r.o.?

In any case, there should be a longford town representitive in every school in the county this week giving out free tickets, i dont care, if parents only drop them off but offer the parents incentives to go to the match, i mean if you have a kid going to the match for free, and even if they spend a few euro in the shop its money, thats what a promotions officer should be looking at, it baffles me how badly organise the open day was yesterday, i mean there was no signs around town, a small article in the leader and thats it. Something needs to be done to boost the crowds, but unfortunately the foresight isnt there to encourage supporters long term. There was agreat opportunity lost yesterday for young supporters to get to know the players, get to meet them, the rapport between players and fans have gotten steadily worse since kenny left. Where we used to have characters like digger, eric lavine and vinny, we just dont have that any more, and yesterday was a golden chance that fell by the wayside

Martinho II
04/03/2007, 3:18 PM
he is a fulltime employee of the club! he would be resp for getting bums on seats,get increased sponsorship, increase the public profile of the club in longford. I mentioned to him that the relationship between the squad and supporters was top drawer under Kenny but has gone by the wayside under Matthews.

Pauro 76
04/03/2007, 9:33 PM
Where we used to have characters like digger, eric lavine and vinny, we just dont have that any more, and yesterday was a golden chance that fell by the wayside

Sadly I have to agree. Part of the joys of being a Town supporter, was mixign with the players, having the banter and that. It was important part of it. Im not back home often enough to get into that these days, but you need to relate to the players. Im not sure thats the case these days.

Magicme
04/03/2007, 9:44 PM
btw lovely seein magicme at the launch!;)

Stop with the nice comments! :D *blushes*

monkey magic
09/03/2007, 12:57 PM
Patrick Collum, duno who he is though

yeah he's from drumlish and is by all acounts a sound man. knew him before he got this job - he even played a small bit of gaah with drumlish at junior level over the last few years. he'll give it his all anyways and here's hoping he gets the full support of the club in this:ball:

sligoman
09/03/2007, 12:58 PM
yeah he's from drumlish and is by all acounts a sound man. knew him before he got this job - he even played a small bit of gaah with drumlish at junior level over the last few years. he'll give it his all anyways and here's hoping he gets the full support of the club in this:ball:Is he a Longford Town fan or just tha Gah?

monkey magic
09/03/2007, 1:12 PM
think the gah was more about shedding a few pounds... he was'nt the most talented player ive ever seen. not too sure if he had any particular involvment/interest in ltfc before this though..