PDA

View Full Version : Singers Corner

RedReb
21/12/2002, 5:34 AM
I think it would be great if we could fill the first section of seating down by the corner boys. I reckon there is about 30-40 seats plus the 10-20 lads standing combine that with the low roof , a couple of drums and i reckon you could be in for a banging 90 minutes. I mean there is probably only about 30-40 real singers in the shed anyway and they would usually be spread out so why not all get together. Could this be the start of the SINGERS CORNER. (maybe we could get red fm to sponser) p.s the corner is a very good spot to watch the game from

James
21/12/2002, 2:24 PM
Originally posted by RedReb
p.s the corner is a very good spot to watch the game from

you are joking right
isnt that place where the corner boys are :confused:

RedReb
21/12/2002, 5:17 PM
yes just over from the dead end:D

Neil
22/12/2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by RedReb
I think it would be great if we could fill the first section of seating down by the corner boys.
Good idea. But the Derrynane side is usually full 20 minutes before the games (the bigger games anyway). It's worth a try at the Bray game... Bring till rolls, drums, smoke and banners...

Gone Away
22/12/2002, 3:25 PM
Whats the point? No one will sing anyway, so you may as well save your ideas for another time.

ian
24/12/2002, 7:22 AM
Dont nock it till we try it and it wood be good at the bray match and then take it from there come on city.

@ndy
24/12/2002, 9:13 AM
yeh...do it at the bray game...ye better beat the feckers...

Neil
25/12/2002, 9:51 AM
Do clubs actually get the 500 euro fine for flares being used in their ground or was that just a threat? I've seen flares used at nearly every game i've been to this season and never heard of any issue with the club being fined.

thecorner
26/12/2002, 12:03 AM
have to agree with redreb
the corner is the most vocal area in turners x and for the amount of people in there, they put the rest of the "STADIUM" 2 shame

Happy Xmas

Gone Away
26/12/2002, 12:13 PM
If/When we win tomorrow night it would be great to have a big "CHEERIO" chant at Bray and whatever fans they bring with them.

Same to be done after we have the privilege of relegating UCD.

:D :D :D

niamh
26/12/2002, 7:04 PM
The thought of relegating UCD.... sweet :)

patsh
27/12/2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Gone Away
If/When we win tomorrow night it would be great to have a big "CHEERIO" chant at Bray and whatever fans they bring with them.

Same to be done after we have the privilege of relegating UCD.

:D :D :D
We should be very careful. This is exactly the type of game that the unbeaten home record could end with.

Neil
28/12/2002, 1:18 PM
There was a good buzz in 'Singers Corner' last night. The Santa outfits and the 'snow' were the job! Fair play!

Pity the Mexican wave didn't take off!

eoinh
28/12/2002, 1:23 PM
Originally posted by Neil
The Santa outfits and the 'snow' were the job! Fair play!

Yeah, that was funny. i didnt see them coming in at all, but when i looked over and saw all those santas i burst out laughing. :D

hopefully it'll be on tv3 on monday (as well as the december goal of the month competition?)

Colm
28/12/2002, 1:40 PM
Originally posted by Neil
There was a good buzz in 'Singers Corner' last night. The Santa outfits and the 'snow' were the job! Fair play!

Pity the Mexican wave didn't take off! Yeah, fair play.
Sadly, the Shed was, as is customary at this stage, seriously lacking in atmosphere. However, having the flags back up and having the drums injected a bit of life and thanks to Ian for giving us a bag of that paper snow stuff (that stuff is the job). All those little things will gradually improve the atmosphere in the cross.

It was indeed a pity that the Corner boys mexican wave didn't take off, it only got a section or two up the derrynane side and then died out. A mexican wave going the whole way around the ground would look great.

patsh
28/12/2002, 4:56 PM
Well done to the Corner Boys (and girls) on last night.
A good show and fair play to ye

NorthoftheLee
30/12/2002, 8:22 AM
Well done to the corner for their efforts on friday nite. Class Act.

As for the shed. Poor effort again. I know that it was only half full but surely the regulars could have done better. Too many pre-pubescent waas in there who think its uncool to sing. When the fields of Bishopstown can't even be song properly you know that there are problems.

I'm sick of the on your own chants from the kids. I don't care if I sing on my own. At least I am trying.

As for the drums, they sound good when they are played together in tune. Otherwise they sound crap.

As for Mosses. Isnt it about time that muppet got a lifetime ban. The racist ****e he was spouting at the Bray game was typical of this ********. Yet the Law who were in listening range did nothing to stop him. And by the way, good to see that the stewards are still "PATROLLING" the shed. That initiative lasted a whole two games. Typical.

Colm
30/12/2002, 5:20 PM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
As for the shed. Poor effort again. I know that it was only half full but surely the regulars could have done better. What more are the "regulars" supposed to do?
-the flags were up at the back of the shed
-we had the drums
-we had some of corner boys shreded paper
-we tried to get loads of chants going

There is not a whole lot more that we can do. It's up to other people to join in the chants, bring confetti and till rolls. We're doing our bit, others must too.
Maybe some people don't want an atmosphere?

A face
30/12/2002, 8:29 PM
Well done to the corner for their efforts on friday nite. Class Act.

Hear Hear .... and they nearly started a wave, ... brilliant.

As for Moses. Isnt it about time that muppet got a lifetime ban. The racist ****e he was spouting at the Bray game was typical of this ********.

Seriously .... i nearly got sick, he started and about 20 more joined in. It has to stop, i was disgraced when i heard it .... i try and bring friends along to all games but you just cant when he is starting that stuff, I just get the "No wonder national league is as bad as it is" and we dont see them at games again. HE CANT GET AWAY WITH IT ANYMORE.

And by the way, good to see that the stewards are still "PATROLLING" the shed. That initiative lasted a whole two games. Typical.

Not one person on the pitch after the game, a first this season (ever??) .... Have to say that was good, still though .. they should face the crowds, it will make their job easier. Maybe if this a trend then they could supply more bodies to the shed to prevent morans from the dark ages puking their verbal vomit all over the shed, RACIST B@STARD

RACIST B@STARDS OUT !!

NorthoftheLee
31/12/2002, 8:10 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the shed. Poor effort again. I know that it was only half full but surely the regulars could have done better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What more are the "regulars" supposed to do?
-the flags were up at the back of the shed
-we had the drums
-we had some of corner boys shreded paper
-we tried to get loads of chants going

There is not a whole lot more that we can do. It's up to other people to join in the chants, bring confetti and till rolls. We're doing our bit, others must too.
Maybe some people don't want an atmosphere?

Colm, I am not having a go at the ye, but if you havent noticed, there are a lot more regulars in the shed than just the 451/Murphy Out crew. There are a lot of regulars in the shed who never sing or chant and I was talking about them.

as for the flags, delighted to see them back.
the drums, read my earlier view on them.

Singing and chanting is what makes an atmosphere as the confetti, till rolls etc is usually only a start of the game thing and is forgotten about as soon as it hits the ground.

As for some people not wanting an atmosphere, see my comments on the pre-pubescent waas. Kick the lot of them out.

NorthoftheLee
31/12/2002, 8:15 AM
Seriously .... i nearly got sick, he started and about 20 more joined in. It has to stop, i was disgraced when i heard it .... i try and bring friends along to all games but you just cant when he is starting that stuff, I just get the "No wonder national league is as bad as it is" and we dont see them at games again. HE CANT GET AWAY WITH IT ANYMORE.

quote:
And by the way, good to see that the stewards are still "PATROLLING" the shed. That initiative lasted a whole two games. Typical.

Not one person on the pitch after the game, a first this season (ever??) .... Have to say that was good, still though .. they should face the crowds, it will make their job easier. Maybe if this a trend then they could supply more bodies to the shed to prevent morans from the dark ages puking their verbal vomit all over the shed, RACIST B@STARD

Ya fair play to the club for getting to grips with the pitch invasion thing. I was talking about the lack of stewards in the shed. Maybe they might have been there to shut the Muppet mosses up. There was a few little waas around him laughing so he thought he was the man. This dick has an IQ of 12. The stewards probably would have done fuc all anyway.

razor
31/12/2002, 10:11 AM
Curious as to what was Moses saying the other night ?,
I couldn't hear him from where I was.
Probably better off.

@ndy
31/12/2002, 10:58 AM
Keep up your unbeaten run lads...it would be sweeet for us to take it off you on the last day of the season after hearing you salivate over the prospect of relegating us...i'd love it if we could beat them...love it...

Troy.McClure
31/12/2002, 3:16 PM
Well done to all the Santas and their elves at the match, it was class, glad to se them on tv3 aswell. :)

I think that the reason the Mexican wave didnt catch on was because any time they tried to start it the ball was up in the St Annes half so people were looking in the opposite way to the one which the Wave was coming from, so they just didnt see it. If it was started while City had a corner by the Corner Boys so everybody was looking down that direction then it might have worked. Its certainly worth a try again at the Rovers match.