PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Latest.

Pages : 1 [2]

Dodge
26/02/2007, 10:15 PM
Pats could've won by 6 or 7. Not kidding. Portadown poor, and our midfield of Ndo, Fahey, Foley, Murphy and Kirby destroyed them

CuanaD
26/02/2007, 10:19 PM
is it just me or is Pat getting slimmer.

I was wondering that too

(am I turning into a woman or something :confused: :( )

BohsFans
27/02/2007, 12:12 AM
They they show the other goals?

Looked in at 10 expecting them, but they only had interviews.:confused:

Says this on the Setanta website

10:00pm
Setanta Sports Cup Round Up
A round up of all the day's action in the 2007 Setanta Sports Cup.

Dodge
27/02/2007, 12:25 AM
They didn't have a Camera at the Pats game. Our own tv crew shot it and should have them on the website tomorrow...

BohsFans
27/02/2007, 12:40 AM
They didn't have a Camera at the Pats game. Our own tv crew shot it and should have them on the website tomorrow...

:eek:

a cup that's run by a TV company with a max of 4 games per week and they couldn't even send one bloody camera? :rolleyes:

BohsPartisan
27/02/2007, 8:23 AM
Drogs very sluggish last night. Linfield dominated midfield. Deadly finish for the goal. Drogs had most of the play in the second half but Linfield just dropped deep. Limited them by and large to half chances and shots from distance.

passinginterest
27/02/2007, 9:04 AM
Drogs were awful in the first half, long ball after long ball aimless really. Thought the match was poor overall. Second half was a bit better Drogheda probable deserved an equaliser and actually tried to play some football. Linfield deserve credit though, they put a lot of pressure on in midfield and it was never going to be easy to play through them.

fbtn
27/02/2007, 10:12 AM
http://setanta-video.eircom.net/eircom/channels/Live.aspx

Brilliant!!

I didn't know about this at all. Missed the Drogs game last night but will get the rest of the matches now. Just registered and they archive all the games as well. Great stuff :ball:

pete
27/02/2007, 10:21 AM
Considering the Cork City team has had no pre season friendly 0-0 wasn't a bad result. Dungannon were fairly toothless in attack & looked very tired in the last 10 minutes. I think the City team had about half its first team out. Dungannon don't concede much at home & Pats will do well to get any win,

Portadown usually travel badly.

Poor Student
27/02/2007, 10:33 AM
Setanta are usually quite good at replying to complaints so as A Face would say, don't be afraid to e-mail them over lack of coverage.

Dodge
27/02/2007, 11:28 AM
Dungannon don't concede much at home & Pats will do well to get any win

Not you specifically but most Cork fans expected an easy win, and I'd expect the same for Pats

wws
27/02/2007, 11:35 AM
I'll be dissapointed with anything less than 6 points from swifts - Ports had a few absentees but were still poor imo and would have been hard to imagine them getting a result in Inchicore regardless. Cork's "0-0" problem is alive and well I see - unable to break down teams of even modest quality - I think they could very well struggle to score goals this season

Dublin12
27/02/2007, 11:49 AM
Sorry to go off topic but is Pat Dolan Irish?,just wondering where the English accent comes from?

wws
27/02/2007, 11:50 AM
he's from Dagenham

Dublin12
27/02/2007, 11:51 AM
Cheers,for some reason I thought he was from Galway.

wws
27/02/2007, 11:53 AM
Cheers,for some reason I thought he was from Galway.

He shares the same illusion, but as his twin brother was born in England go figure....

Dodge
27/02/2007, 12:15 PM
His dad's from Galway

pete
27/02/2007, 12:42 PM
Not you specifically but most Cork fans expected an easy win, and I'd expect the same for Pats

I agree with home game against Swifts but both ourselves & Drogs were lucky to win 1-0 in Dungannon last year.

Given the team we put out & no practice games I don't think travelling fans were particularily disappointed. With 5 more games we can afford to start slowly.

David
27/02/2007, 12:49 PM
Interesting to see the betting being offered for first goalscorer in the Drogheda Linfield game when we were in the pub before the game. They had betting up on the TV screen and Kingsberry was named at 18-1 to score the first goal despite leaving us weeks ago and signing for Bohs last week.

dancinpants
05/03/2007, 7:51 PM
Linfield 1-1 Glentoran
Portadown 0-1 Dungannon

kdjaC
05/03/2007, 8:48 PM
LINFIELD 1 (Stewart 21)

GLENTORAN 1 (Hill 31)

Shamrock Park, full-time

PORTADOWN 2 (Collins 63, McCutcheon 71)

DUNGANNON SWIFTS 2 (McCluskey 21, Gallagher 90)

happy days for Pats.

kdjac

Aaron
05/03/2007, 9:04 PM
Ended 1-1 at Windsor, good result from our point of view. Should we beat Drogheda next week it will put us in a good position

kdjaC
05/03/2007, 9:05 PM
Hope we both win our groups, we owe you 4 or so :)

kdjac

Risteard
05/03/2007, 10:57 PM
Good result for City there.

David
06/03/2007, 6:52 AM
Ended 1-1 at Windsor, good result from our point of view. Should we beat Drogheda next week it will put us in a good position

I hope you do beat them, would keep them 4 behind us.

Ebmania
06/03/2007, 9:57 AM
Great results for the Saints with the draw last nite for Ports and Dungs. We will be nearly there with a win on Monday and i really believe we can get it Cork wont have there two(So Called) big signings. Better get used to it with there injury record.

WE beat them last season and now we are much stronger and they are weaker. I see 2 - 0. We are going for that Cup.

micls
06/03/2007, 11:11 AM
WE beat them last season and now we are much stronger and they are weaker. I see 2 - 0. We are going for that Cup.

Not at the cross ye didnt. Ye wont score........not sure if we will either though

Ebmania
06/03/2007, 11:19 AM
Not at the cross ye didnt. Ye wont score........not sure if we will either though
Wont score with the fire power in our midfield (Ndo, Kirby, Fahey) and Gary O Neil we can score against anyone. No fear about Cork really think we can beat you and also finish ahead of you in the league. Times are a Changing.

micls
06/03/2007, 11:21 AM
Wont score with the fire power in our midfield (Ndo, Kirby, Fahey) and Gary O Neil we can score against anyone.
We'l see but i think il be proven right

No fear about Cork really think we can beat you and also finish ahead of you in the league. Times are a Changing.

No fear about Pats really think we can beat you and also finish ahead of you in the league. Times are a Changing but not that much

Dodge
06/03/2007, 11:25 AM
Boths sides lacking firepower IMO. We'd be happy with a draw. I just hope the manager doens't send them out thinking that. Cork would obviously be favourites both for this game and to finish ahead of us. Any news on whether Healy or Farrelly are due t play

Ebmania
06/03/2007, 11:27 AM
We'l see but i think il be proven right

No fear about Pats really think we can beat you and also finish ahead of you in the league. Times are a Changing but not that much
Dame you quote stealer. Reckon it will be a goodie though. Monday night footie is fantastic and atomosphere should be cracking. Bring on the 12th(and another landslide win for the Saints.

micls
06/03/2007, 11:39 AM
Boths sides lacking firepower IMO. We'd be happy with a draw. I just hope the manager doens't send them out thinking that. Cork would obviously be favourites both for this game and to finish ahead of us. Any news on whether Healy or Farrelly are due t play

Not yet unfortunately. Hopefully it can be sorted soon but i doubt they'll be available for the Pats game. Maybe the Galway game the friday after if were lucky

micls
06/03/2007, 11:41 AM
Monday night footie is fantastic and atomosphere should be cracking.

Dunno about that. Our Setanta crowds were low last year and will probably be this year too. If Healy and Farrelly were starting and the Shed was open it'd be a differnt story but the derrynane just isnt made for a good atmosphere.

Saying that its the first home game so people will hopefully crying out for live football and will turn up

eirebhoy
06/03/2007, 3:20 PM
Linfield fans still up to their sectarian singing at Windsor.

charliesboots
06/03/2007, 3:34 PM
Linfield fans still up to their sectarian singing at Windsor.

post in relevant thread (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=54666) please - you of all people should know the forum rules!!;)