PDA

View Full Version : Crap fans!

Gone Away
20/12/2002, 1:49 PM
In fairness now folks, we are probably among the worst fans in the country when it comes to noise making.

Last night at Dalymount, if it wasnt for the few lads with the drums and a few other there would have been complete silence. The few older guys seemed to be annoyed by the guys singing etc.

It seems that we are the only away fans who dont like singing etc.

Even at home its ridiculous. The only chant tgat comes from the Shed seems to be City til i die. There is nothing anywhere else in the ground. In fact it is only parts of the shed sing, and even then only when we are winning. Most of the rest of the people who are there seem only interested in shouting abuse at players.

I wont be hypocritical here either, i dont sing at the |Cross, maninly coz in not a shed person (schnithole), but at a few games, me and the buddys tried starting an oul chant in the St Annes end and just got starnge looks.

In fairness to the Cornerboys, love em or hate em, at leats the s sing and dance for the entire game, winning losing or drawing, rain hail or shine.

Best fans in the country? dont make me laaaaaaaaaaaugh.

pete
20/12/2002, 2:01 PM
IMO theres too much of the f*** the dubs, shove your needles.. type 'songs'.

I've no excuse but unless a good level of drink taken can be hard to motivate yourself watch such drivel as last night,

Gone Away
20/12/2002, 2:02 PM
True also. It was very hard to be any way positive about anything that happened on the pitch last night, but at least by trying to keep the spirits high kept the cold away.

eoinh
20/12/2002, 2:11 PM
a shed person either but the level and noise of the chants has totally disappeared in recent years. Its becoming like a premiership ground! BTW when the shed is knocked we'll be playing in a totally silent arena IMO.

Colm
20/12/2002, 5:05 PM
Originally posted by Gone Away
In fairness now folks, we are probably among the worst fans in the country when it comes to noise making.

Last night at Dalymount, if it wasnt for the few lads with the drums and a few other there would have been complete silence. The few older guys seemed to be annoyed by the guys singing etc.
Yeah Gone Away there was only about 4/5 of us making noise and another 5/6 who joined in the odd chant. If it wasnt for the drums we would have been in almost complete silence.

I don't think this really surprises anyone though, I mean the only away game this season where we made some bit of decent noise was the 1-1 draw away to Bohs.
There is always the same few who try to get stuff going but there is either not enough City fans there or the ones who are there would be too embarrassed to sing.

Sing when we're winning,
we only sing when we're winning.:(

James
20/12/2002, 9:14 PM
Fans OUT :)

eoinh
21/12/2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by James
Fans OUT :)

il'd say after the Bohs result, (us being known as fickle fans) you might get your wish.

Worst attendance of the season, anyone?