PDA

View Full Version : Horsens 2 Galway Utd 0

Bono_Keane
23/02/2007, 9:21 PM
Hi guys;
As you know, Galway United has lost 2-0 agaisnt Danish team Horsens...I have been on the field and taking some photos..If you want photos just ask me, ok? here I have some...
The game has been a typical training game, between 2 sides with a lot of substitutions during the game...United played well in the first half, but they were down with an early goal in the second half. The Danish scored a third goal but was not conceded because it was outside.
In my opinion the best United player has been Regi Nootmieer...very good defender.

sconn
23/02/2007, 9:25 PM
who was in goals????:confused:

Bono_Keane
23/02/2007, 9:33 PM
New keeper Brinias played the 90 minutes, Gary Rogers didn´t play...I know Brinias wasn´t lucky against Mons but today he has been decent...he wasn´t guilty in the goals though the truth is he wasn´t to have too much saves....

Paddyfield
23/02/2007, 9:35 PM
Hi guys;
As you know, Galway United has lost 2-0 agaisnt Danish team Horsens...I have been on the field and taking some photos..If you want photos just ask me, ok? here I have some...
The game has been a typical training game, between 2 sides with a lot of substitutions during the game...United played well in the first half, but they were down with an early goal in the second half. The Danish scored a third goal but was not conceded because it was outside.
In my opinion the best United player has been Regi Nootmieer...very good defender.

Was that the first time you saw GUFC play?
Were you the only GUFC supporter there?
Were there any Horsens fans there?

Was there any crowd trouble after the game? :D

Bono_Keane
23/02/2007, 10:04 PM
Was that the first time you saw GUFC play? Yes, it has been my first United live game ever...I watch on TV the 0-5 Athlone game and the lost against Longford in the FAI Cup semifinal some years ago...

Were you the only GUFC supporter there? Yes, the rest of the supporters were in Málaga...they told me that Cádiz was too far...3 hours by bus.

Were there any Horsens fans there? No, any Danish fan there...just sub players and people relationship with the club...

Paddyfield
23/02/2007, 10:14 PM
Was that the first time you saw GUFC play? Yes, it has been my first United live game ever...I watch on TV the 0-5 Athlone game and the lost against Longford in the FAI Cup semifinal some years ago...

Were you the only GUFC supporter there? Yes, the rest of the supporters were in Málaga...they told me that Cádiz was too far...3 hours by bus.

Were there any Horsens fans there? No, any Danish fan there...just sub players and people relationship with the club...

That must be an honour for you. Congrats!

Bono_Keane
23/02/2007, 10:26 PM
Yes, it is !! Yesterday I was with the fans in Málaga, we met and chat a while...and today I have been in Cádiz in the training camp...I live just between Cádiz and Málaga :D
Hopefully i will go to see the team next Sunday again :)

Terry
24/02/2007, 9:01 AM
enjoy the match Bono and thanks for the reports, much appreciated. Great to hear about Nootmieer, everybody seems to be in agreement about his ability.

JW.
24/02/2007, 11:54 AM
Much appreciated bono, please paste any photos you can. I'm amazed a three-hour journey was deemed too long to see United play by the lads!

sligoman
24/02/2007, 6:57 PM
Yes, the rest of the supporters were in Málaga...they told me that Cádiz was too far...3 hours by bus.If the Galway team were based in Cádiz then why did Galway fans locate themselves in a city 3 hours away?:confused:

gilberto_eire
24/02/2007, 6:58 PM
rumour has it the management moved them when word hit they we'r going!

Bono_Keane
24/02/2007, 7:45 PM
If the Galway team were based in Cádiz then why did Galway fans locate themselves in a city 3 hours away?:confused:

I met with the fans in Málaga and they told me they though the team was going to be in that area....They were thinking to travel to see the friendly matches but the bus is not a good option because once you have arrived to Cádiz, you must come back 20 kms because the bus doesn´t stop in the training camp area :(

GUISAUltra
25/02/2007, 9:07 AM
The Bus Took Over 4 Hours And The Train Took 5 Hrs 40 Mins Each Way. An Awful Lot Of Hassle When We Didnt Know Where We Were Going And When The Game Was On

JW.
25/02/2007, 12:10 PM
Unlucky that it was so much hassle lads. It seems a fairly remote location.

gustavo
26/02/2007, 8:39 AM
I hope the defeat by Horsens wont leave the Galway United team saddled with that losing feeling before the start of the new season , They should remember the season is long with many obstacles and I am sure they will be amongst the leading pack come the final furlong.

ifk101
26/02/2007, 12:21 PM
I hope the defeat by Horsens wont leave the Galway United team saddled with that losing feeling before the start of the new season , They should remember the season is long with many obstacles and I am sure they will be amongst the leading pack come the final furlong.

... oh sweet divine jaysus

MyTown
26/02/2007, 1:59 PM
Just checked our two opponents. Horsens finished 10th in last season's league while Silkeborg finished 8th. Both clubs are close enough to each other geographically also with populations of 50k approx. (The CSO lists the population of Galway City as 65k and Limerick City as 54k).

The Danish league is dominated by Brondby and FC Copenhagen, so it is difficult to assess the quality of these two clubs. However, our track record in competitive matches against Danish opposition (Lyngby, Sportsground 1985 and Odense, Ballindereen 1991) suggests we could take another beating today. Then again our luck must turn against them at some point.......

JW.
26/02/2007, 3:42 PM
Friendlies are not about winning; rather, they are useful for advancing match fitness to a degree, trying out systems and helping to get players familiar with each other's patterns of play.

Bono_Keane
26/02/2007, 6:41 PM
Yesterday I took some pics in the team´s training camp...I was talking with Tony the day before about the possibility to have a trial for a friend and he said: "ok"....Despite he didn´t do bad, sadly he wasn´t selected because the team comes back home tomorrow....
Here I have some pics which i took in the training session....

http://pobladores.lycos.es/channels/deportes/galway_united/area/9

eamo1
26/02/2007, 11:46 PM
thanks for putting them up.

GUISAUltra
27/02/2007, 10:34 AM
the team also drew 0-0 with silkeborg, not a bad result at all. hopefully it has done the team good and we'll be rearing to go come March 9th

ifk101
27/02/2007, 1:30 PM
According to Silkeborg, Galway packed the defence and didn't have one shot on goal.

corbyeire
27/02/2007, 1:56 PM
0-0 in yesterdays friendly - not too bad

Bono_Keane
27/02/2007, 2:50 PM
I wasn´t at the game due to work reasons :( but here I give you a link with the comments of the game...the problem is that It´s in Danish...:D

http://www.sif-support.dk/VisData.asp?ID=5145&M=1

ifk101
27/02/2007, 3:49 PM
I wasn´t at the game due to work reasons :( but here I give you a link with the comments of the game...the problem is that It´s in Danish...:D

http://www.sif-support.dk/VisData.asp?ID=5145&M=1

I'd translate that article for yeez but it's way too long. The main gish however is that Galway were strongly organised, played with everyone in their own half, didn't have one chance on goal, and consequently the match ended 0-0.

Fivesilver
27/02/2007, 3:57 PM
Just for the record, the league opener on March 9 is in Galway. I'm fully expecting us to be in the majority, since I've heard the Galway supporters are to base themselves in Buncrana that day.

GUISAUltra
27/02/2007, 4:20 PM
What? who will be in buncrana and for what reason?

I think we will have at least 2000 home fans against rovers. rovers will have 500 fans at most.

Bono_Keane
27/02/2007, 7:50 PM
Of course, it doesn´t matter the friendly results....the more important game to date will be against Sligo next 9th March...I only saw the Horsens game, I couldn´t see the game yesterday, and the team was well organised, serious in defence with a good pair Charles-Reggi, and a good right back Collie James...
However, the strikers weren´t too active....maybe because the Danish teams were strong opponents and the more important thing against them was defend..I don´t know...I hope Amstrong and co. will score a lot of goals in the coming season :)

corbyeire
27/02/2007, 10:41 PM
so james played well

thats good to hear

scotsbeer
27/02/2007, 10:45 PM
Much appreciated bono, please paste any photos you can. I'm amazed a three-hour journey was deemed too long to see United play by the lads!

1st train at 7.45 was a reasonable option to get us into cadiz arouind lunchtime then a case of getting 2 buses to the training camp in the arse end of no whereseville without knowing the kick off time. was beginning to become logistical nightmare. wasnt a case of us ending up in malaga whilst team were playing over 200 km away. we heard the club were going to be based in malaga and that was both accesable from shannon and at the same time an opportunity for what turned out to be a brilliant trip. we ended up going to a malaga match in spanish 2nd division and spread the word about galway united so the trip was worthwhile overall.

scotsbeer
27/02/2007, 10:49 PM
rumour has it the management moved them when word hit they we'r going!

exactly. so nobody should be giving out becuase we didnt travel to a game when it was clearly a trip for the club to get some serious training in without the fans being around.

scotsbeer
27/02/2007, 10:54 PM
Just for the record, the league opener on March 9 is in Galway. I'm fully expecting us to be in the majority, since I've heard the Galway supporters are to base themselves in Buncrana that day.

the match is actually being played in buncrana so may see you there if you can afford the bus fare

corbyeire
28/02/2007, 1:17 PM
:D :D :D buncrana - brilliant