PDA

View Full Version : A "new" excuse from Liam

patsh
19/12/2002, 8:23 AM
National League preview from the Irish Times
By Emmet Malone

Bohemians v Cork City

After their remarkable fightback against Rovers last week the league leaders will be aiming to take another significant step towards the championship by beating a Cork side that travels very poorly.

"We didn't play well last week and we haven't beaten Cork this year so we're not taking anything for granted," says Stephen Kenny, who is without the suspended Colin Hawkins and, possibly, Paul McNally (injured).

Liam Murphy blames his side's appalling record away from home on his players' "poor application" and insists if they start to work harder then the results would come

"We've got to win this one, though, so we'll have a go and hopefully there will be an improvement."

Alan Reynolds is suspended for the match and though there was talk yesterday of an appeal it appears that Murphy will settle instead for bringing Greg O'Halloran back into his midfield while Conor O'Grady and Mike Mulconry are fit enough again to be in contention for a place on the bench.

Interesting theory from Mr. Murphy.....:rolleyes:

Éanna
19/12/2002, 10:55 AM
Your doorstep Liam, your doorstep- thats where the blame lies. If the players aren't doing the trick, why are they still in the team- managers responsibility.

OUT

NorthoftheLee
19/12/2002, 11:13 AM
typical liam pass the buck mentality. That will really encourage teh players to play for him. :(

NOTL(iam)

James
19/12/2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
[b][u]Liam Murphy blames his side's appalling record away from home on his players' "poor application" and insists if they start to work harder then the results would come

****e we all know what gunther does with players he thinks arent an 'honest bunch of lads'

bye bye the rest of the team so then.. maybe we can play patsy and liam can come back from retirement. we can have biscuits in goal, johnny c up front (sry peadar ;))

pete
19/12/2002, 11:59 AM
Away game scenarios from city this year:

a) Get stuck in fight, fight, fight, give 100% -> chance of a result.

b) Players not giving 100% & city lose.

City are too predictable this season especially away from home. We seem too open through midfield & the back when level & then once we get ahead are way too defensive & when behind lose the plot & have no structure at all.

I suppose at least Liam isn't blaming " bad luck" anymore. Saying that the buck stops with the manager & his job to motivate/scare the players into performing.

patsh
19/12/2002, 2:49 PM
Originally posted by pete
Away game scenarios from city this year:

a) Get stuck in fight, fight, fight, give 100% -> chance of a result.

That about sums up the plan all right.
Presuming that Mr. Murphy was not mis-quoted by Emmet Malone, I wonder does Liam recognise that he has just exposed his managerial "ability" ?
1. My tactics are to fight hard.
2. and er, em....................that's it

I'm sure the lads are only dying to get out there and "do it for Liam" after such a ringing endorsement.....:(