PDA

View Full Version : game versus Bray

young boy
23/02/2007, 1:11 PM
does anyone have the kick off time for this.

anyone reckon if a nice crowd will come watch.

Monkfish
23/02/2007, 1:16 PM
Think around half seven, not 100% though, should be a few curious onlookers.

shelbourne1904
23/02/2007, 1:56 PM
I was told 7.45

Monkfish
23/02/2007, 4:15 PM
I was told 7.45

Well i guess the best thing we can all do is arrive before half 7, and if it turns out its a 7.45 kick off we can always enjoy the pre match entertainment!

4tothefloor
23/02/2007, 5:50 PM
Well i guess the best thing we can all do is arrive before half 7, and if it turns out its a 7.45 kick off we can always enjoy the pre match entertainment!
You're a genius Monkfish, a genius...

Needtoknow
23/02/2007, 10:40 PM
We beat Bray 1-0.
Great performance on top of the win, very impressive start for L37 and Ski.:D

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2007/0223/limerick37.html

Fairkop
24/02/2007, 12:02 AM
We beat Bray 1-0.
Great performance on top of the win, very impressive start for L37 and Ski.:D

agree,terrible conditions...good win...did notice mind you that one of our legends came of the pitch looking as clean as he was when the game started.

the dazzler
24/02/2007, 8:59 AM
agree,terrible conditions...good win...did notice mind you that one of our legends came of the pitch looking as clean as he was when the game started.

any new players?great result

balls
24/02/2007, 11:17 AM
was it much the same team as against ul. or any other new players playing

KevB76
24/02/2007, 12:53 PM
Off to a good start anyways!
First half was very comfortable, but I didnt think Bray were really competing so wouldn't read too much into it. They only woke up in the last few minutes and started flying in with leg-breakers!
The second half was a good test though and we held up to it well.
There were some good performances, Ross Cosgrove was excellent, the right-back and no.5 & 11 impressed as well (sorry, not good with names, can anyone fill in the blanks?). No.4 (Paul Finucane?) had a good second half. The left-back didn't fill me with confidence though, but his replacement (Miller ?) was better. The keeper did all that was asked of him, needs to work on his kickouts though.
Nice to start with a win anyways, its looking very promising

4tothefloor
24/02/2007, 1:32 PM
Yea good win, thought there was an improvement in our football from previous seasons! If I'm not mistaken, that was mostly Bray's under 21 team though.....

Was impressed with Keady, Cosgrove and Waters, but most of all with Dave Wall. Looks the part I have to say. We're very weak in central midfield though, need some signings there. All in all, positive start.

Just to add, I have to say Ger Finnan's enthusiasm and friendlieness is a breath of fresh air, and in stark contrast to the previous incumbent's attitude. Keep up the good work Ger :ball:

the dazzler
24/02/2007, 2:27 PM
Yea good win, thought there was an improvement in our football from previous seasons! If I'm not mistaken, that was mostly Bray's under 21 team though.....

Was impressed with Keady, Cosgrove and Waters, but most of all with Dave Wall. Looks the part I have to say. We're very weak in central midfield though, need some signings there. All in all, positive start.

Just to add, I have to say Ger Finnan's enthusiasm and friendlieness is a breath of fresh air, and in stark contrast to the previous incumbent's attitude. Keep up the good work Ger :ball:

how did mc,carry get on?

Lim till i die
24/02/2007, 2:50 PM
how did mc,carry get on?

Wasn't great but didn't look that terrible either, sort of like a smaller Tommy Barrett only not as good

Team as far as i could make out:
1 Dave Ryan
2 Nigel Keady
3 Brian Buckley
4 Paul Finucane
5 Pat Purcell
6 Pat McGarry
7 Ross Cosgrove
8 Dave Conway
9 Dave Goldbey
10 Dave Wall
11 Kevin Waters

Having said that I forgot to bring my glasses :)

the dazzler
24/02/2007, 4:07 PM
dont think mc,carry signed anyway as far as i know he was training with pike still he has a match with them 2mro my opinion i dont think he is good enough+interested enough as well

limfan
24/02/2007, 7:03 PM
Impressive win and there were some good performances all over the feild, just a few more signings in the middle and another 2 strikers and i tink we'l be flying it this season.. wel done lads and Paul M

the hoops
24/02/2007, 9:19 PM
Impressive win and there were some good performances all over the feild, just a few more signings in the middle and another 2 strikers and i tink we'l be flying it this season.. wel done lads and Paul M

good result but lets not forget it was only brays 21s team

4tothefloor
24/02/2007, 10:48 PM
Wasn't great but didn't look that terrible either, sort of like a smaller Tommy Barrett only not as good

1 Dave Ryan
2 Nigel Keady
3 Brian Buckley
4 Paul Finucane
5 Pat Purcell
6 Pat McGarry
7 Ross Cosgrove
8 Dave Conway
9 Dave Goldbey
10 Dave Wall
11 Kevin Waters

Conor Molan was no. 3, no. 6 was the biggest player on the pitch no way was he a smaller Tommy Barrett! I also thought Dave Wall was no. 9, maybe I'm wrong?

2legged tackle
25/02/2007, 1:27 AM
Conor Molan was no. 3, no. 6 was the biggest player on the pitch no way was he a smaller Tommy Barrett! I also thought Dave Wall was no. 9, maybe I'm wrong?

Buckley wasnt no. 3, Buckley has been away for the week. Dave Wall was no. 10 and your right no.6, McGarry who is bigger than barrett.

Midfield looked the weakest area but most of the game was played on the wings or from the keepers to the strikers so i dont think it would be fair to judge mid field on that game. Centre defense looked very strong.

Needtoknow
25/02/2007, 6:30 AM
Impressive win and there were some good performances all over the field, just a few more signings in the middle and another 2 strikers and i think we'll be flying it this season.. wel done lads and Paul M

Totally agree with you, how good would it be if Rovers didn't rob the 3 boys!
Back line and wings were very good.

the hoops :good result but lets not forget it was only brays 21s team

Sorry to disappoint you hoops but they weren't all 21's.:ball:

the only 1
25/02/2007, 8:02 AM
ye are talking like the beginning of last year suppose ye are goin to win the league now after friday:D :D

Needtoknow
25/02/2007, 8:27 AM
ye are talking like the beginning of last year suppose ye are goin to win the league now after friday:D :D

Yourself & Hoops never have anything good to say about Limerick, that is where ye are from is it? Nearly 100% of people living in any county support the people that represent them in any sport. Whats yere problem with L37?

Monkfish
25/02/2007, 9:10 AM
Yourself & Hoops never have anything good to say about Limerick, that is where ye are from is it? Nearly 100% of people living in any county support the people that represent them in any sport. Whats yere problem with L37?

You'll always have sad bitter people, its a fact of life. You know the type, werent good enough in anything they do, so now they resent anyone who is. Not good enough to make the grade lads? so now they make up storys to make themselves feel better, i believe the psychological term for what these people do is "blasting", and whats with the Shamrock rovers avatar???

the hoops
25/02/2007, 9:48 AM
You'll always have sad bitter people, its a fact of life. You know the type, werent good enough in anything they do, so now they resent anyone who is. Not good enough to make the grade lads? so now they make up storys to make themselves feel better, i believe the psychological term for what these people do is "blasting", and whats with the Shamrock rovers avatar???

hey lads ive nothing against lim37 i was there cheering them on friday as for the avatar when i lived in dublin i supported rovers

The Rebel Ram
25/02/2007, 10:13 AM

1 Dave Ryan
2 Nigel Keady
3 Brian Buckley
4 Paul Finucane
5 Pat Purcell
6 Pat McGarry
7 Ross Cosgrove
8 Dave Conway
9 Dave Goldbey
10 Dave Wall
11 Kevin Waters

Dave that's your ball,
Pass to Pat!

The confusion will be great!

Monkfish
25/02/2007, 11:52 AM
hey lads ive nothing against lim37 i was there cheering them on friday as for the avatar when i lived in dublin i supported rovers

You'll forgive us for thinking otherwise.

Lim till i die
25/02/2007, 11:53 AM

Confirmed: I need to start wearing my glasses :D

Genuinely only took a stab at no.3 because I was on the opposite side of the pitch to him. As for McGarry being biggest player on the pitch my poor-eyesight probably meant himself and Conway being interchangeable in my head

Still Though, Fcukin Hell :eek: :o

the hoops
25/02/2007, 12:37 PM
dont think mc,carry signed anyway as far as i know he was training with pike still he has a match with them 2mro my opinion i dont think he is good enough+interested enough as well

he signed after the match friday night your probaly right he will lose interest when he doesnt get on

4tothefloor
25/02/2007, 12:46 PM
Dave Wall was no. 10
Well in that case it was No. 9, Dave Goldbey that I was impressed with, more so than Wall. Where has this Goldbey guy come from?

Monkfish
25/02/2007, 1:02 PM
Well in that case it was No. 9, Dave Goldbey that I was impressed with, more so than Wall. Where has this Goldbey guy come from?

Galway, open to correction of course.

Lim till i die
25/02/2007, 3:47 PM
Galway, open to correction of course.

Made 6 appearences for Galway last season, two as a sub

Being an ex Galway player he will at least be used to scoring goals in Limerick :p

passinginterest
26/02/2007, 11:19 AM
Did Limerick 37 play in Wexford on Sunday? It's in the Wexford Youths section that they were playing a friendly which wexford apparently were winning 3-2. But now someone is saying that they don't think it was Limerick 37 at all. Anyone got any info?

Old keeper
26/02/2007, 11:23 AM
Did Limerick 37 play in Wexford on Sunday? It's in the Wexford Youths section that they were playing a friendly which wexford apparently were winning 3-2. But now someone is saying that they don't think it was Limerick 37 at all. Anyone got any info?

L37 Did NOT play on sunday

passinginterest
26/02/2007, 11:30 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. I'll have to find out what was going on.

2legged tackle
26/02/2007, 12:44 PM

Wexford youths played Mary I College team yesterday. Wexford won 3-2 so i doubt theyll be challenging for promotion as Mary I are a poor side.