PDA

View Full Version : Bringing a kid to the Cross

dahamsta
18/12/2002, 9:26 PM
I was thinking of bringing a kid to see a match over Christmas, but is it worth the hassle?

adam

A face
19/12/2002, 1:22 AM
Adam, of course it would be ..... infact no hassle at all.

Over Christmas, the Bray game, everyone home for Christmas, should be good atmosphere and to be honest ... this year has been a treat for us. Lennox taking over and good football ala Georgie and Jo'F etc.

No better time than over Christmas i'd say.

citylove
19/12/2002, 8:22 AM
Definately.........I was in the same predictment as yourself a few weeks back when I wasn't sure whether to bring my nephews to the match. Now I am well pleased I did because I gave them something they never knew existed! The story goes like this:

All the ways up in the car they thought they were going to a GAA match! When they arrived into the ground and saw the city players warming up they couldn't believe they were at a soccer match.......they said "I thought we were going to a GAA match" then during the match they said "WOW I never knew they played soccer like this in Ireland".....now thats what TV does to young children!

patsh
19/12/2002, 8:27 AM
I bring young lads to the cross regularly, Adam, and they say that there is nothing like the feeling of being in a big crowd with all the noise and atmosphere. The Bray game should be extra special, with santa hats, the general good form and the real prospect of seeing City get a few goals........:D

dalo
19/12/2002, 8:55 AM
i wonder does Bishop buckley bring many young boys to the matches?:)

dahamsta
19/12/2002, 9:17 AM
Thanks guys. What day's the Bray match on?

adam

dalo
19/12/2002, 9:41 AM
fri 27th dec 7.45

dahamsta
19/12/2002, 10:27 AM
That's out anyway, I have to work that day.

The other thing I wanted to ask is where people bring kids? Obviously the only people I know are in the shed, but there's no way in hell I'd bring a kid in there, no matter what other people do.

adam

Colm
19/12/2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Vetinari
The other thing I wanted to ask is where people bring kids? Obviously the only people I know are in the shed, but there's no way in hell I'd bring a kid in there, no matter what other people do. I would think that anywhere in the ground bar the shed would be fine for kids. Even down the front of the shed would'nt be too bad but if it is quite a young child then you're probably best keeping him out of there.

Gone Away
19/12/2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Vetinari

The other thing I wanted to ask is where people bring kids?

The Family Enclosure???????????????????

Éanna
19/12/2002, 11:08 AM
yeah, family enclosure is the one. not worth bringing kids near the shed really, I think they should put some kind of age limit on it at this stage to be honest.

Jim Smith
19/12/2002, 11:11 AM
It all depends on the age of the kid.

If they are more than 10 then I'd stay away from the family enclosure - most of the kids there are quite young and you'll likely cause offence by suggesting that a 10+ belongs there:D

Down near the front of the shed is OK as far as I'm concerned just make sure you stand behind the kid. the language isn't an issue to me as they are exposed to just as bad if not worse every day. Its a toss up between the language in the shed or the moaning and whinging in the other parts of the ground :D

Of course if the kid is not yours then you might err on the side of caution ;)

dahamsta
19/12/2002, 11:36 AM
The Family Enclosure???????????????????

Oops, I forgot about that. Not a big match goer GA, but me some slack, eh?

dahamsta
19/12/2002, 12:07 PM
It all depends on the age of the kid. If they are more than 10 then I'd stay away from the family enclosure - most of the kids there are quite young and you'll likely cause offence by suggesting that a 10+ belongs there

He's six, but I reckon he'd be ok in the stand.

Down near the front of the shed is OK as far as I'm concerned just make sure you stand behind the kid. the language isn't an issue to me as they are exposed to just as bad if not worse every day.

They probably are exposed to it every day, but it's constant in the shed, it never stops. I mean, I get ticked off regularly for my language, but that's different.

Its a toss up between the language in the shed or the moaning and whinging in the other parts of the ground

Think I'll see how the stand goes. Thanks for the feedback folks.

adam

pete
19/12/2002, 12:12 PM
Stand might be a good option as i'm sure theres a sugar dealer down at that Family Enclosure - its scarey to see the look on the faces of those kids high on coke & sweets!

:eek:

dahamsta
02/01/2003, 2:24 PM
Excuse my ignorance now, but when's the next City home game? Tomorrow week, yeah?

adam

A face
02/01/2003, 2:27 PM
Next 'Home' game is friday 10th Jan. 7.45.

Shamrock Rovers !!

eoinh
02/01/2003, 2:34 PM
i always like the main stand halfway between the shed and the halfway line. Great view, city always score in that end and it brings back happy memories of when i used to have to stand there when all there was, was four grass banks.... sob.