PDA

View Full Version : Replica Shirt

Chippy
22/02/2007, 4:36 PM
Lads, Anyone know if our shirt is on sale yet (& if so where ??)? I don't want to have to go to Monaghan in a couple of weeks wearing a GAA shirt !!!! I assume Wallace Construction is our main sponsor - or does anyone know different

passinginterest
22/02/2007, 5:02 PM
The whole club logo/shirt/merchandise seems to be shrouded in mystery. Doubt any replica shirts will be available any time soon. Be great if they were though. The club really needs to hold some sort of official launch to announce all this. Limerick 37 are having one the 28th of Febuary, be nice if Wexford Youths announced one too.

ForzaWexford
22/02/2007, 5:04 PM
Nah it's not on sale yet. All I know is that it's gonna be O' Neills. As for the sponsor, I know there was 2 or 3 companies interested so if Mick can get what he wants from 1 of those he won't have to sponsor the jersey himself.....

Footsoldier
24/02/2007, 11:32 PM
From what I heard today, O'Neills are making the jersey but the deal hasn't been signed yet. Rumour at the moment is that it'll only be sold in Lifestyle. I thought that was illegal.

Kildare Lad
25/02/2007, 3:18 PM
From what I heard today, O'Neills are making the jersey but the deal hasn't been signed yet. Rumour at the moment is that it'll only be sold in Lifestyle. I thought that was illegal.

Why Is It Illegal?

Citymark
25/02/2007, 4:53 PM
Kit is black top with white sholders on back.
Black shorts and black/white socks.
Don't know about away kit yet

Thunder-WYFC
25/02/2007, 5:21 PM
The kit that was worn today was 'puma' which is worn by the 16s+Youths but I heard the LOI kit is to be made by O'Neills

Footsoldier
25/02/2007, 9:53 PM
Why Is It Illegal?

Because, replica jerseys have to be sold in a number of different outlets, or something like that. To be honest, I'm not sure of the exact details but Man Ure got into trouble over it a few years back.

blackholesun
02/03/2007, 1:33 PM
> Limerick 37 are having one the 28th of Febuary, be nice if Wexford Youths announced one too.

yeah, is this Commora FC or what? I know Mick Wallace wants to run it his way but surely a club launch isnt too much to expect ... ?

bhs

passinginterest
02/03/2007, 1:37 PM
I agree bhs but it's starting to look like the first home game will be as close to a launch as the club gets. It's a pity because Limerick are doing a fantastic job on that side of things. The team was still wearing the U.18 jerseys last night in Bray.

Sunny Jim
08/03/2007, 2:12 PM
Anyone got any news yet about when/where the kit will be on sale?

Tazskool
08/03/2007, 2:34 PM
No news as of yet. I have sent an email to the PR dept asking lol..

Tazskool
08/03/2007, 3:17 PM
There is no word from the PR Dept about a kit beign released as of eyt but he will let me know as soonas he finds out (I hope).

Apparently the release of the website is not too far away (so I am being informed).

Wexford Youths FC is having do get a million diff things done atm ready for the match and so forth.. and they are trying to keep everyone updated.

For the admin: The PR guy is trying to get an account on here as well but is running into the same issue as me.. takes forever to get approved :(

Drumcondra Red
08/03/2007, 4:00 PM
Ìn fairness, surely making the kit available for the start of the season would rank highly???

Footsoldier
08/03/2007, 10:18 PM
The team haven't seen the jerseys yet themselves. They'll only see the kit tomorrow night for the first time.

Drumcondra Red
10/03/2007, 4:34 PM
Well??? What was it like???

Ash
12/03/2007, 3:34 PM
If it's O'Neills there may be some delay.

Our new kit only arrived on Thursday and it will be a few weeks
before they will arrive in for sale in the club shop. (apparently)

Tazskool
19/03/2007, 2:14 PM
Hopefully the Wexford Youths shirts will be ready before the next home match... ;)

holidaysong
19/03/2007, 3:03 PM
Anyone get any photos of the jersey at the Cobh match?

AVRoe
20/03/2007, 1:53 PM
Thunder-WYFC posted this pic of the programme cover (http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l100/thunderwex/wyfcpro.jpg) in the WY 1-0 Cobh thread.

Jerry The Saint
20/03/2007, 2:25 PM
Innovative sponsorship logo - Does Wallace expect his team to spend most of the season lying on the ground:confused:

I hear Cristy Ronaldo is looking to get some similar advertising on his jersey.:)

Monkfish
20/03/2007, 5:36 PM
Very Ajax of Amsterdam, thought Mr Wallace had a thing for Italian football?

Tazskool
11/04/2007, 11:45 AM
Kits are now on sale at the club..

I do not know the prices.. but I have emailed the club asking how much it would be to have it posted to me in England and with my name on the back (if they do it lol) CANT WAIT!!!!!

woody27
23/08/2007, 8:09 PM
hi folks where can i get a jersey back in the country and going to start going to the matches dont suppose there is anywhere in dublin selling them

passinginterest
23/08/2007, 8:42 PM
hi folks where can i get a jersey back in the country and going to start going to the matches dont suppose there is anywhere in dublin selling them

Not sure about in Dublin, they sell them in the clubhouse at the matches and as far as I know Lifestyle in Wexford and a few other shops stock it.
Mighty nice jerseys they are too. I've seen some really nice hoodies too, which is next on my list of purchases.

sobersod
23/08/2007, 9:35 PM
yea doubt ya'll get mayn in Dublin, Scarfs are out on Saturday along with new badges and Supporters Clubs Car stickers:D,yea hoodies are nice too,

Just to tell ya lads,
1st 100 members get a free limited edition Supporters Club Badge!,
We'll be getting them soon:D

woody27
24/08/2007, 11:19 AM
ya they are lovely jerseys when does the clubhouse open? How is the season goin in general with them any good football?

passinginterest
24/08/2007, 4:06 PM
ya they are lovely jerseys when does the clubhouse open? How is the season goin in general with them any good football?

Going as well as could be expected, some fantastic results, the highlight probably the win away to Finn Harps. Standard of play has impressed many of the opposition fans (although plenty of Wexford folk seem to have issues), generally a counter attacking style, 3-5-2 formation.

Most worrying event so far is the persistent rumour of unrest within the camp. Some of the older lads, who are never missing a training session are not getting games, while a few of the younger lads are missing sessions and still playing. That kind of teething problem has to be expected I suppose, and a lot of the complaining seems to be coming from families of players, rather than players themselves.

This weekend is a big test after the rest the squad has had. The spirit will have to be right to beat Kilkenny and drive the progress of the club forward.

I think the clubhouse opens about an hour before the matches. I haven't been down in a good while though, so maybe some of the more regular visitors will give you more info on that.

woody27
24/08/2007, 5:24 PM
Thanks for that info. Has there been any exceptional players i know a few of the names from when i lived there based in dublin now so wont get to many home games but lookin forward to a couple of away games. Fair play to mr wallace.

kopite
25/08/2007, 3:57 PM
the clubhouse is open 1 1/2 hrs b4 kick off,ashling has the merchandise ready about 45 mins be kick off! you could contact seanie o shea about getting mrechandise during the week,i'm sure he'd help out.
onto field matters,some very good players coming thru from the 18's/21's.the present squad will get us so far,but,i think micks plan will kick in 2/3 yrs time.we beat athlone 4 weeks ago with three 17yr old players on the team.i would say that the vast majority of the 21s and a lot of the 18's have been blooded and we still have a third of the season to go.wer a counter attacking side which,when you look at it,is a continental approach,giving micks love of italy.haven't been turned over too often this season,have drawn games we should have won,lost games we should have drawn.............we have promises to keep,and miles to go before we sleep,and miles to go before we sleep.