PDA

View Full Version : Buses to Drogheda/Sligo

DmanDmythDledge
22/02/2007, 12:07 AM
There will be a bus to Drogheda presumably?

How bout one to Sligo? Sunday afternoon, don't know if that would go down well or not.

Schumi
22/02/2007, 9:56 AM
How bout one to Sligo? Sunday afternoon, don't know if that would go down well or not.If we get enough numbers maybe. It should be easy enough to get a train up and back though.

pineapple stu
22/02/2007, 6:28 PM
There's some manner of a marathon on the day before Sligo which a couple of people are looking at. That'd scupper plans of a bus there. Also, we wouldn't get to pay respects to Hargadon's again. So no, Sligo is an overnighter...

John83
22/02/2007, 7:22 PM
There's some manner of a marathon on the day before Sligo which a couple of people are looking at. That'd scupper plans of a bus there. Also, we wouldn't get to pay respects to Hargadon's again. So no, Sligo is an overnighter...
I was just discussing this with Bald Student, and if Sligo's on the Sunday because of no floodlights, it's kind of unlikely we could manage to run a half marathon at 12 (it's the same day, not the day before) and make kick-off in Sligo.

EDIT: Also, I just checked, and the marathon's full up, though Bald Student and Student Mullet is registered.

pineapple stu
22/02/2007, 7:45 PM
The marathon's the Saturday, isn't it? The game's the Sunday.

I've just realised I'll be in Prague for the second away game. Are the SC on for arranging a Supporters' plane from Prague to Sligo for the match?

John83
23/02/2007, 10:05 AM
The marathon's the Saturday, isn't it? The game's the Sunday.

I've just realised I'll be in Prague for the second away game. Are the SC on for arranging a Supporters' plane from Prague to Sligo for the match?
I'll arrange a return flight if you pay for it.

sligored
23/02/2007, 11:57 AM
bad news lads - hargadons is closed - rovers will be playing on sunday at 3pm - pitch 300 metres from train station - train arrives in sligo from connolly at 11am and leaves sligo again at 6.30- would be a great trip. i dont know about ye but looks like we will be competing with longford for the foot of the table - another handy 9 points for ye. new manager has ripped out the heart of the side and replaced them with sub standard players.
i think your game in athlone tomorrow on their new pitch is behind closed doors - i have a contact there and can get in if anyone knows kick off time i would appreciate it - i heard 6pm during rugby match but cant believe that

Aberdonian Stu
23/02/2007, 12:19 PM
We saw that Hargadons was no more last year.

Went to McGarrigles instead, a decent option that I hope to use again for our third meeting of the season (I'll miss the first game as I have training that morning).

Schumi
26/02/2007, 11:43 AM
brovers will be playing on sunday at 3pm - pitch 300 metres from train station - train arrives in sligo from connolly at 11am and leaves sligo again at 6.30- would be a great trip. Will be a great trip, looking forward to it already.

DmanDmythDledge
12/03/2007, 10:12 PM
How's the bus to Drogheda going number wise at the moment?

pineapple stu
12/03/2007, 10:18 PM
Dunno. Had a few queries about it on Friday from random punters, and some of the usuals will be heading up obviously. Hopefully 15-20.

Bald Student
12/03/2007, 10:22 PM
Mullet and I am going.

pineapple stu
12/03/2007, 10:24 PM
Aberdonian Stu are yet to go on a bus trip, but may make this one.

Aberdonian Stu
12/03/2007, 10:32 PM
I'm highly doubtful, I've a bloody early start the next day to get to the airport.

pineapple stu
12/03/2007, 10:33 PM
We'll drop you off on the way back.

Fun loving people, those Utahonians. I'm sure they wouldn't mind you showing up in their country half drunk still.